Pages: 1 ... 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 ... 837   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1192502 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3015 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 05:38:24 »

Was fortunate enough to get a glimpse of a draft of the previously unheralded 15 year plan for the club.
Won't be music to everyone's ears as it's basically a case of  focusing on mid table consolidation in League 2 until such time as promotion becomes affordable.

Speaking of affordable, also hearing that plans for a tarpaulin sheet over the Stratton Bank supported by pillars every 10ft have been shelved due to costs.
Instead the bank will be demolished and replaced by a fence with car parking behind.
The good news is that a state of the art IMAX screen will be installed for in game advertising and beam back of Aussie Rules & NRL games plus dwarf tossing, pre match & at half time, in an effort to promote popular Australian sports.

Hanners on the mic in booming surround sound awaits.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3016 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 06:34:36 »

Nice one, Bob!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3017 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 07:36:34 »

Was fortunate enough to get a glimpse of a draft of the previously unheralded 15 year plan for the club.
Won't be music to everyone's ears as it's basically a case of  focusing on mid table consolidation in League 2 until such time as promotion becomes affordable.

Speaking of affordable, also hearing that plans for a tarpaulin sheet over the Stratton Bank supported by pillars every 10ft have been shelved due to costs.
Instead the bank will be demolished and replaced by a fence with car parking behind.
The good news is that a state of the art IMAX screen will be installed for in game advertising and beam back of Aussie Rules & NRL games plus dwarf tossing, pre match & at half time, in an effort to promote popular Australian sports.

Hanners on the mic in booming surround sound awaits.

You're on the beer particularly early today Bob! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #3018 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 08:43:01 »

If we’re being selfish a pre season in the delights of East Anglia would be ok.

We could include a game against Kevin Horlock’s Needham Market.
Just as long as we avoid Histon, only just got over the last two visits (having gone to see Chippenham there in a promotion decider)
I'll take a Histon, that's only 20 minutes from me!

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #3019 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 11:05:24 »

Pre-season is always so underwhelming. Should do a little tour of Scotland or either Rep or Northern Ireland like we used to years back.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3020 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 11:38:30 »

nearly Bob, very very nearly
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #3021 on: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 20:02:15 »

Still got the hump after my away day so, in that vein, now that the even the happiest of clappers have probably put their hands in the pockets can we expect the Trust to start asking serious questions about what is actually going on at the club?

Anyone with half a brain can smell that something isn't right about the current hierarchy.

I appreciate that a lot of time and effort has gone into the stadium purchase and perhaps they haven't had their eye on the ball for that reason but if next season isn't going to be a rinse and repeat of this shitshow, then someone needs to start applying some pressure and they are probably best placed given their spot on the Monthly Box Ticking Charade Advisory Board.

Here are some starters for 10. Feel free to add. And you don't just let them fob you off with a 'We'll get back to you.' You keep pushing until you get an answer:

What is Zav Austin's role at the club?
Did he fail the FPP Test?
If yes, does he qualify as a Relevant Person in the eyes of the EFL?
What is Chris Kiely's day to day role at the club?
How can we hope to function without full time experienced professionals in key roles like Club Secretary?

I'm sick of how unbelievably tinpot this club is becoming, and how many shady people seem to be hanging around a so-called 'family club'. As has been said time and time again, no one above Morris has a clue how to run a football club and it shows in everything we do. The basic functions are simply not being performed. And yet we piss about with Karachi (just why is a builder from Beckenham hobnobbing with local Government officials in a port city in Pakistan...?), the Sustainability guff (fine if you are absolutely nailing everything else), taking on the women's team (we can't yet run a men's team...), and chasing ratings in some hobbyist's meaningless fan engagement index.

This makes me laugh, and gives an idea of the due diligence the Trust did on this mob...

https://twitter.com/TrustSTFC/status/1421115774853427208

Click the link to the article. They are deleting the receipts. Why?

It was a lot easier to forget all of this when we were flying at the end of last season but I've enjoyed this one about as much as root canal and it really is blindingly clear that as a club we have no idea what we are doing.

Bah humbug.

If they don't want us asking questions, then they need to keep winning matches!

JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #3022 on: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 20:25:16 »

Still got the hump after my away day so, in that vein, now that the even the happiest of clappers have probably put their hands in the pockets can we expect the Trust to start asking serious questions about what is actually going on at the club?

Anyone with half a brain can smell that something isn't right about the current hierarchy.

I appreciate that a lot of time and effort has gone into the stadium purchase and perhaps they haven't had their eye on the ball for that reason but if next season isn't going to be a rinse and repeat of this shitshow, then someone needs to start applying some pressure and they are probably best placed given their spot on the Monthly Box Ticking Charade Advisory Board.

Here are some starters for 10. Feel free to add. And you don't just let them fob you off with a 'We'll get back to you.' You keep pushing until you get an answer:

What is Zav Austin's role at the club?
Did he fail the FPP Test?
If yes, does he qualify as a Relevant Person in the eyes of the EFL?
What is Chris Kiely's day to day role at the club?
How can we hope to function without full time experienced professionals in key roles like Club Secretary?

I'm sick of how unbelievably tinpot this club is becoming, and how many shady people seem to be hanging around a so-called 'family club'. As has been said time and time again, no one above Morris has a clue how to run a football club and it shows in everything we do. The basic functions are simply not being performed. And yet we piss about with Karachi (just why is a builder from Beckenham hobnobbing with local Government officials in a port city in Pakistan...?), the Sustainability guff (fine if you are absolutely nailing everything else), taking on the women's team (we can't yet run a men's team...), and chasing ratings in some hobbyist's meaningless fan engagement index.

This makes me laugh, and gives an idea of the due diligence the Trust did on this mob...

https://twitter.com/TrustSTFC/status/1421115774853427208

Click the link to the article. They are deleting the receipts. Why?

It was a lot easier to forget all of this when we were flying at the end of last season but I've enjoyed this one about as much as root canal and it really is blindingly clear that as a club we have no idea what we are doing.

Bah humbug.

If they don't want us asking questions, then they need to keep winning matches!

Not deleting anything..
We moved to a new website in January and only moved across a certain timescale of articles.
Happy to provide article should you wish.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #3023 on: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 20:25:37 »

Like I said in the Sandro thread, currently the club has an aura of a non league volunteer run club. There’s no professionalism anywhere, it’s hard to get in contact with and things like the club shop and ticket office have restricted opening hours. Everything has the feel of being done on a bare minimum budget including the football side.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #3024 on: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 20:33:08 »

Not deleting anything..
We moved to a new website in January and only moved across a certain timescale of articles.
Happy to provide article should you wish.

Fair enough. Apologies!

That said, I wish you'd engage with the wider points made, although I appreciate you don't have to.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #3025 on: Thursday, April 6, 2023, 07:50:07 »

https://twitter.com/TrustSTFC/status/1427314233432231940

This has aged well. Still looking forward to that update! They've only had 20 months.
DMC

« Reply #3026 on: Thursday, April 6, 2023, 08:08:10 »

This has aged well. Still looking forward to that update! They've only had 20 months.
Why don't you reply to that tweet and ask
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #3027 on: Thursday, April 6, 2023, 08:13:47 »

This forum is as close as I get to a 'social media' account!
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #3028 on: Thursday, April 6, 2023, 08:38:24 »

As has been discussed many times on here, he hasn't and can't be approved due to the conviction.  I suspect an application was never made as the rules are clear.

If the club don't want to tell us they don't have to.

What do you want the trust to say that would satisfy you?
They aren't the club or the EFL and have no way of independently confirming either way, other than he isn't a director so hasn't been approved. 
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #3029 on: Thursday, April 6, 2023, 08:42:08 »

Why don't you reply to that tweet and ask
To be fair Dean a lot of us have done that in the intervening period and we’ve just received a plethora of vague responses dodging actually answering the question. The latest excuse was it’s with the lawyers or something like that.

Like RobertT mentioned the other day, being convicted of money laundering should be one of those crimes where you can never be involved with running a football club after as they perfect vehicles for that sort of thing.
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 ... 837   Go Up
Print
Jump to: