Pages: 1 ... 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 ... 827   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1173793 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #2880 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2023, 19:59:02 »

I can't wait to see who they announce as the sponsors of next year's account's.

Intuit Quickbooks shirley?  Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2881 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2023, 20:43:19 »

Someone else mentioned it, I'm sure, the biggest issue with the average ticket revenue per person were the volume on Concessions.  They tried to go after that and got roundly smashed back with negative responses.  I imagine it's why the club has been pushing the Sponsorship/Commercial aspect so heavily the past 18 months, which is actually a good sign compared to the previous ownership period.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #2882 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2023, 22:00:23 »

I thought in the Diamandis days season tickets did go up to that £400 barrier and the season ticket numbers remained around 2.5 to 3K.

The strategy seemed to be charge as much as you like as X number will still buy them. IIRC the on the day price was quite high as well and we got 5-6K gates with a few 4Ks on Tuesday nights.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #2883 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2023, 22:01:07 »

My OAP season ticket is £290 this season- so £12.60 a game - it was less last season, and I think the full price averaged about £14.60.
Also last year if you bought an adult ST you could buy a kids one for £10 - less than 50p a game.
There are a fair number of OAPs and kids around us in the Arkells, so I am not at all surprised that the average ticket sold price is below £15.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2884 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2023, 22:05:51 »

Someone else mentioned it, I'm sure, the biggest issue with the average ticket revenue per person were the volume on Concessions.  They tried to go after that and got roundly smashed back with negative responses.  I imagine it's why the club has been pushing the Sponsorship/Commercial aspect so heavily the past 18 months, which is actually a good sign compared to the previous ownership period.

Do they still do the £10 Nationwide tickets?

Considering how many people Nationwide employ in Swindon - I’d guess the large majority of us could use that offer if so inclined.

…not sure what the club gets(got) out of that deal.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #2885 on: Thursday, March 2, 2023, 02:31:53 »

not sure what the club gets(got) out of that deal.

They got Rob Angus out of it of course  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #2886 on: Thursday, March 2, 2023, 10:43:49 »

Considering how many people Nationwide employ in Swindon - I’d guess the large majority of us could use that offer if so inclined.

…not sure what the club gets(got) out of that deal.

Think someone mentioned its £12 now. I'd imagine its part of Nationwide sponsoring The Don Rogers Stand, so the club is getting sponsorship money out of it.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #2887 on: Thursday, March 2, 2023, 11:31:05 »

Think someone mentioned its £12 now. I'd imagine its part of Nationwide sponsoring The Don Rogers Stand, so the club is getting sponsorship money out of it.

It is now £12 as a few of my mates work there & use that offer.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2888 on: Thursday, March 2, 2023, 19:16:54 »

…even so that’s 50% less than a match day ticket for an adult in the DRS.
I mean I assume the deal must be beneficial to the club somehow but I’d love to know how so.

I guess it depends if the people buying the £12 tickets are fans using the offer to save money or people who normally wouldn’t go - going because it’s relatively cheap.

If you’re getting additional people in who normally wouldn’t go you’re in theory making an extra £12 (at least) per person per game…but…if it fans who would still go if the offer didn’t exist you’re losing £13 per person per game.

…but I assume someone did all the maths before agreeing to the deal!?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2889 on: Thursday, March 2, 2023, 19:26:19 »

I'd like to think that Nationwide chuck some cash on top?  It's essentially a benefit they can provide employees.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2890 on: Thursday, March 2, 2023, 23:09:42 »

don't tell the tax man it's a benefit ffs!
--
yeah, I assumed it's basically nationwide subsidised via sponsorship cash
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #2891 on: Friday, March 3, 2023, 08:50:42 »

…even so that’s 50% less than a match day ticket for an adult in the DRS.
I mean I assume the deal must be beneficial to the club somehow but I’d love to know how so.

I guess it depends if the people buying the £12 tickets are fans using the offer to save money or people who normally wouldn’t go - going because it’s relatively cheap.

If you’re getting additional people in who normally wouldn’t go you’re in theory making an extra £12 (at least) per person per game…but…if it fans who would still go if the offer didn’t exist you’re losing £13 per person per game.

…but I assume someone did all the maths before agreeing to the deal!?

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #2892 on: Friday, March 3, 2023, 10:08:28 »

Its an incentive to sponsor The Don Rogers Stand. I'm sure a lot of these official partners have some sort of deal for tickets. Its part of being the clubs official piss cakes sponsor or whatever the million different official partners are.

Its clearly helping increase attendances and it strengthens ties with the local community, it makes sense.

You can't then have shocked pikachu face when the overall ticket revenue isn't the same as 10k people paying £25 a pop though.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #2893 on: Friday, March 3, 2023, 20:39:24 »

I see Bradford have frozen their season tickets this year, for early bird at least.
DMC

« Reply #2894 on: Friday, March 3, 2023, 20:46:33 »

That year Fitton and co tried it has really cost us i reckon. Did we evn sell 6k that year
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 ... 827   Go Up
Print
Jump to: