Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England v Denmark  (Read 21034 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #165 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 09:14:42 »

Not sure it was a penalty but the ref gave it and thats all that matters unless you are a bitter Scot.

Some refs give them and some don't he checked VAR and thats good enough for me.

Overall a good performance, Pickford gave me a few moments as did Stones and Shaw, wecontrolled most of the game barring about a 15 min spell in the 1st half.

Terrible penalty from one of the best takers in the world but well done for getting quickly to the rebound.

Very happy with that and onwards to Sunday which will again be an evern tougher match against a very very good side rather than a decent side like Denmark.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 09:18:21 »

Love the emotion this young lady captures

So, give no fucks
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 09:20:51 »

Kanes looked a cert pen at the start, i was amazed, so a bit of equalling out with Sterling getting crowded out for his.

We have had some right shite decisions go against us in the past....Maradonas hand, the German ball over the line, blah blah blah. So fuck em.

I hope we do it....us Town fans need something to cheer us up.

If we do manage to actually win the thing, you know the Jocks, Taffs and Paddys will point to home advantage. Fuck em.

Clems Army!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 09:24:21 »

If we do manage to actually win the thing, you know the Jocks, Taffs and Paddys will point to home advantage. Fuck em.

We could win every game 6-0 with 10 men and they'd find something. It is what it is. You'll drive yourself nuts if you worry about it.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 09:27:38 »

Kanes looked a cert pen at the start, i was amazed, so a bit of equalling out with Sterling getting crowded out for his.

We have had some right shite decisions go against us in the past....Maradonas hand, the German ball over the line, blah blah blah. So fuck em.

I hope we do it....us Town fans need something to cheer us up.

Already had my wife’s Welsh uncle on FB spouting bitterness. My only surprise is it took him till this morning to start.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 09:27:55 »

Not sure it was a penalty but the ref gave it and thats all that matters unless you are a bitter Scot.

This is it for me also. The records say it's a penalty whether anyone likes it or not.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 09:36:38 »

Pickford gave me a few moments
Pickford acts like he's got tourettes or ADHD, he just seems to be constantly shouting nonsense, you can see the other players just completely ignore him. He needs to calm down a bit as when he works himself up he loses his composure and starts making basic mistakes and in the final we can't afford that.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 10:29:17 »

‘Not sure it was a penalty but the ref gave it and thats all that matters unless you are a bitter Scot.’ Add to Taffy or Paddy. Plus VAR agreed with the referees decision, so a double lock.
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 10:56:25 »

I think it was a pen. Regardless Sterling made it happen and the defenders were fucking stupid to put themselves in that position. Sterling showed great intelligence. He really has matured into a great player for England.
The Kane one is a bit 50/50. Sometimes they're given sometimes they're not.
Their free kick was never a free kick and I don't think Maguire should have been booked.
This team is still growing.
Sunday should be a cracker.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 11:03:47 »

‘Not sure it was a penalty but the ref gave it and thats all that matters unless you are a bitter Scot.’ Add to Taffy or Paddy. Plus VAR agreed with the referees decision, so a double lock.

Var only overturns if it’s a clear and obvious error. Like Mourinho, Wenger and other top managers have said, the referee should have been asked to review his decision. Gut feel is he would have overturned it as Sterling fell over with ease. It doesn’t matter now though as England got through.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 11:05:06 »

On the balance of play we should be through regardless.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 11:11:18 »

I wonder if we'll go with the wingbacks again on Sunday, try and keep Insigne and Chiesa quiet.

Chiesa is the key one for me.  He's a shoot on sight kind of player.  We need to stop that.  I could consider a man making job on hiim.  I also have a feeling Grealish will start.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 11:35:56 »

I think there's a need to go man-for-man pretty much all over the pitch. Mount, Rice and Phillips on Verratti, Jorginho and Barella. Walker and Shaw on Chiesa and Insigne.

Massive opportunity to use pace in behind Bonucci and Chiellini. Play Kane deeper playing balls around the corner for Sterling and Saka, much like last night.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #178 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 11:49:45 »

Why the fuck do we have such a bunch of fucking arseholes as fans.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57763001?at_custom2

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Hunk

« Reply #179 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 12:06:56 »

Why the fuck do we have such a bunch of fucking arseholes as fans.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/577630015E

Link is broken for me but I assume it’s talking about the booing and the laser?

The laser could have just been one stupendously brain dead individual, but the booing was a collective effort. It’s so obscenely pointless. Has zero effect other than to make the england support look like a collective of pricks. I can’t fathom why anyone would think it’s a good idea
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: