Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England v Germany  (Read 25206 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Wednesday, June 30, 2021, 11:36:50 »

I think any of the slighty educated fans will know that balls out attacking very very rarely works in any football let alone international football, all I ask is a little more creation of chances.

When you have Grealish, Sterling, Sancho, Saka, Foden, Mount, Rashford and Calvert-Lewin then I think its an embarressment of riches in attack yet we seem to have created so little so far in the 4 games, I fully understand why some fans are asking that question though.

For me I have no problem with the attacking 3 players in Kane, Sterling and Saka but none seem to take even the remotest risk looking to play a safe pass, unlike Grealish who loves to run at players and take them on and go past them inviting the foul and Foden who loves to have a pop at goal from outside the box, I think Sterlings shot from 20 yards must have been pretty much our first long range effort this tournament, or close to it.

Agree with this for all of our other games so far, bar last night.  I think the overly defensive approach to the first half of the game was spot on, and the timing of the tweaks with Grealish, Sterling, Saka and Henderson made it the perfect tactical display against a German side that in the first 15 mins looked like they were going to dominate us.

I would definately like to see a less conservative selection against Ukraine, there is an opportunity there to blow them out of the water early and capitalise on what looked like a team that is tired and carrying a few knocks based on what I saw last night.  Our lack of travelling has certainly improved our chances of going long into this tournament - you don't often get that opportunity so we should take full advantage of it.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Wednesday, June 30, 2021, 11:40:19 »

When was the last time that we beat one of the bigger boys, inside 90 minutes, in a knock-out game?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Wednesday, June 30, 2021, 11:42:42 »

When was the last time that we beat one of the bigger boys, inside 90 minutes, in a knock-out game?

Must be a World Cup, because it’s never happened in the Euros

I guess it depends who you you class as bigger boys, but I guess Belgium in 1990
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 30, 2021, 11:47:17 by Posh Red » Logged
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Wednesday, June 30, 2021, 11:43:58 »

I had a 5-1 Tee shirt back in the day.
I still have mine.

Germany 1 (A German)

England   5 (M Owen 3, S Gerrard, E Heskey)

Maybe I should wear it under my England shirt in a Biergarten here on Saturday...
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 30, 2021, 12:54:23 by Munichred » Logged
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Wednesday, June 30, 2021, 12:58:33 »

1966?

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: