Pages: 1 ... 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 278052 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #2970 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 13:53:30 »

Except in the one where everyone has hot dogs for fingers.

I got this reference. Which is far more than I can say about the film it's from.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #2971 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 14:22:38 »

I thought I was over the blown fuse caused by covid regarding my care for the club but I guess not. I'll be disappointed if Lindsey is announced but the amusement I'll get from everyone imploding like dying stars will far outweigh it. Heyho, sun's out.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #2972 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 14:25:44 »

I thought I was over the blown fuse caused by covid regarding my care for the club but I guess not. I'll be disappointed if Lindsey is announced but the amusement I'll get from everyone imploding like dying stars will far outweigh it. Heyho, sun's out.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Its the people that act like people being pissed off are unreasonable that get me. Quite happy to have their legs pissed down and told its raining. No wonder Power managed to fleece us for so long with certain sections of our fan base the way it is.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2973 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 14:30:50 »

I think we’ve left ridiculous behind and are hurtling towards comically inept.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #2974 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 14:31:11 »

200 pages of emotional angst…
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #2975 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 14:32:00 »

Its the people that act like people being pissed off are unreasonable that get me. Quite happy to have their legs pissed down and told its raining. No wonder Power managed to fleece us for so long with certain sections of our fan base the way it is.

Sorry for not being miserable enough for you. I just happen to think the people at the club *may* be better qualified to take this decision than a bunch of underemployed wankers on a football forum.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #2976 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 14:34:55 »

Hope we can look back on this thread with a smile on our faces, a pot noodle and a wank in a years time when we're promoted.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #2977 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 14:37:16 »

Sorry for not being miserable enough for you. I just happen to think the people at the club *may* be better qualified to take this decision than a bunch of underemployed wankers on a football forum.

So qualified they were trying to arrange for money for him to leave two weeks ago, at a time when he'd have been available to have taken the job immediately if so suitable?

Absolute bullshit.

The analogy someone made on here about some not complaining if Clem walked in to their front room and took a shit on the floor really doesn't begin to cover it.

Appointing Lindsey would be a Lee Power move in slow motion.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #2978 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 14:42:29 »

So qualified they were trying to arrange for money for him to leave two weeks ago, at a time when he'd have been available to have taken the job immediately if so suitable?

Absolute bullshit.

The analogy someone made on here about some not complaining if Clem walked in to their front room and took a shit on the floor really doesn't begin to cover it.

Add an "allegedly" and an "in my opinion" to your post and you're welcome to your angst. I certainly don't see any point in it until it's happened. And even then the new guy will get my support until results prove otherwise.

So many fucking Cassandras I wonder how you get out of bed in the morning.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #2979 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 14:46:46 »

It's the people who are constantly aggrieved that get me though as well. There are posters on here desperate for us to appoint him so they can get angry. No balance at all from some posters.

Agree with you though, on the face of it IF it is Lindsey then not a good look and would certainly need a few good players to accompany it
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #2980 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 14:47:45 »

Just back from a week in Turkey so did not pick up on the last few?Huh?? pages of this thread until now and not certain what to make of all the various conjectures.

So not in any way being ITK, the panel talk on FB tonight with Paul Caddis is (providing a new incumbent has not been announced) rumoured to be an interesting take on the position.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2981 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 14:55:56 »

Just back from a week in Turkey so did not pick up on the last few?Huh?? pages of this thread until now and not certain what to make of all the various conjectures.

So not in any way being ITK, the panel talk on FB tonight with Paul Caddis is (providing a new incumbent has not been announced) rumoured to be an interesting take on the position.

My advice would be not to read the last 20 pages or so, log off, have a few beers, relax, take the week off the TEF and log back on on Friday when I imagine there will be plenty of news to consume.

But before you do, where in Turkey did you go?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #2982 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 14:57:04 »

Absolute bullshit.

I think you (and some others) are missing one of the points here.

We don't know precisely what was going on w/r/t the two Scotts.

We know that Garner had an interview as it leaked.
We know that there was a denial that Garner had been appointed.
We had rumour that there was a hold up on compensation
We also heard rumour that Garner wanted to take the 2 Scotts but Charlton's owner didnt want them as he already had a coaching team he was happy with
We had the unveiling of Garner at Charlton (but no info about the 2 Scotts)
We had rumour that announcement of the Scotts leaving was due to compensation not being sorted
We had rumour that Crofts turned us down and another the Brighton paid more for him to stay there.
We now have rumour that Lindsey is going to be our Head Coach

So, what if:
- When Garner went, Lindsey threw his hat in to take over from him here, but said to Garner, that is he was unsuccessful, then he'd like to join Garner at Charlton?
- Lindsey was interviewed with Crofts, Delaney, Caddis, Uncle Tom Cobbley etc. Then of the preferred candidates, Crofts pulled out and Delaney was offered something else. STFC then thought Lindsey was a best of the rest and didn't like Uncle Tom Cobley and all?

That 'potential' scenario is why I could understand them going for Lindsey. I have no problem with him being a candidate. Its a shame that a more 'impressive' candidate wasn't available or selected, but I could understand the logic in those scenarios.

If I looked for the positives, under those scenarios, it would be that the set up is the same as last year, but minus the 2 Ben's and with their responsibilities redistributed slightly differently between Sandro and one of the Scotts.

I don't like the thought of one of Clem's turds in my living room and I'm not aspiring to have one any time soon. I'm just trying to understand 'what might have happened' and move on from there.

I'm more interested in what players we sign and then how well we do on the pitch next year.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #2983 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 14:58:31 »

Where were you in Turkey? Not long back myself.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2984 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 15:03:52 »

I think you (and some others) are missing one of the points here.

We don't know precisely what was going on w/r/t the two Scotts.

We know that Garner had an interview as it leaked.
We know that there was a denial that Garner had been appointed.
We had rumour that there was a hold up on compensation
We also heard rumour that Garner wanted to take the 2 Scotts but Charlton's owner didnt want them as he already had a coaching team he was happy with
We had the unveiling of Garner at Charlton (but no info about the 2 Scotts)
We had rumour that announcement of the Scotts leaving was due to compensation not being sorted
We had rumour that Crofts turned us down and another the Brighton paid more for him to stay there.
We now have rumour that Lindsey is going to be our Head Coach

So, what if:
- When Garner went, Lindsey threw his hat in to take over from him here, but said to Garner, that is he was unsuccessful, then he'd like to join Garner at Charlton?
- Lindsey was interviewed with Crofts, Delaney, Caddis, Uncle Tom Cobbley etc. Then of the preferred candidates, Crofts pulled out and Delaney was offered something else. STFC then thought Lindsey was a best of the rest and didn't like Uncle Tom Cobley and all?

That 'potential' scenario is why I could understand them going for Lindsey. I have no problem with him being a candidate. Its a shame that a more 'impressive' candidate wasn't available or selected, but I could understand the logic in those scenarios.

If I looked for the positives, under those scenarios, it would be that the set up is the same as last year, but minus the 2 Ben's and with their responsibilities redistributed slightly differently between Sandro and one of the Scotts.

I don't like the thought of one of Clem's turds in my living room and I'm not aspiring to have one any time soon. I'm just trying to understand 'what might have happened' and move on from there.

I'm more interested in what players we sign and then how well we do on the pitch next year.

Yep pretty much this....
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: