Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Day 12: Croatia v Scotland, England v Czechia  (Read 15987 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 11:31:42 »

Agree with the thoughts on getting Maguire and Henderson some game time. Neither are going to transform our fortunes single handedly but it's important to have them as up to speed as possible for the knockout stages.

I'd like to see Grealish, Sancho and Rashford get game time but think it's important to improve the use of Kane and Sterling tonight so we can't accommodate them all from the start.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 11:32:49 »

If he's fit, for sure.

What the hell is the point in testing etc? Give them a PCR test, move on. Absolutely ridiculous.

How were they any closer than any other player on either side.

The Scottish health lady that does a lot of these Q&As basically said that general contact in elite sport may not be enough to transfer the virus, however face to face/head to head contact could be. I think that it was possibly down to the after match head nuzzling between these players rather than any tackles etc that has caused the transfer of the virus.

At least I think that was what was implied.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 11:37:09 »

England could do with drawing tonight and coming 2nd in the group.

Winning the Group will see us playing whoever comes 2nd out of France, Germany, Portugal or Hungary!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 11:40:19 »

The Scottish health lady that does a lot of these Q&As basically said that general contact in elite sport may not be enough to transfer the virus, however face to face/head to head contact could be. I think that it was possibly down to the after match head nuzzling between these players rather than any tackles etc that has caused the transfer of the virus.

At least I think that was what was implied.

So the nice big cuddle that Steve Clarke gave him after the game means that Clarke is isolating too?  of course not..  it's farcical.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 11:41:34 »

Winning the Group will see us playing whoever comes 2nd out of France, Germany, Portugal or Hungary!

Agreed, however I still think we will likely play one of those in the Q if we get through the next game - i predicted Germany.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 11:43:27 »

Except that with Sweden looking fairly likely to win Group E, second place will play Spain as the (likely) second place team in that group.

Draw looks very difficult for first or second in our group. Best third place team it is!
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 11:44:15 »

Can see this being pretty much the game plan.  Already taken 13/5 on the draw, expecting a dull game but finishing first in the group could be suicide for us.   Suicide Suicide

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 11:50:45 »

It's bloody hard to work out the draw but I think:

First in our group:

Round of 16: Probably Germany, maybe Portugal or France
Quarter Final: Probably Sweden (!) as likely winners of Group E, maybe Spain
Semi Final: Probably Netherlands

Second in the group:

Round of 16: Probably Spain, if Sweden win Group E. If not, Sweden or Slovakia
Quarter Final: Probably France if they win their group
Semi Final: Probably Italy

So from that I think we want to win the group. Possibly mildly tougher RO16 but gets us on the other side of the draw to Italy, Belgium and France.

Disclaimer: I may not be able to read my own wallchart.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 12:03:03 by Nemo » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 11:56:05 »

What if we come third?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 11:57:26 »

What if we come third?

I think the correct term is "fuck knows". Way too many permutations for me to work out, but fairly sure it'd mean hitting Italy very early on.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 12:01:18 »

Girl Giggle
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 12:02:23 »

I'd rather England beat Czech Republic. This recent phenomena of 'deliberately' dropping points to avoid certain nations isn't for me.

Avoiding our fate (good or bad) against whoever in Group F is nothing more than sporting cowardice.

HURRAH! HURRAH!
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 12:20:33 »

So the nice big cuddle that Steve Clarke gave him after the game means that Clarke is isolating too?  of course not..  it's farcical.
He is in his bubble. This has all came about because they spent 25 minutes in the tunnel after the game talking to eachother and as they are out of eachothers bubbles the decision has been made
Panda Paws

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 12:28:29 »

What a bizarre and farcical state of affairs. They've been tested! Absolute joke, in a long line of absolute jokes.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 12:43:43 »

Rumour is Saka and Grealish start tonight. Interesting stuff, I like Saka, but surprised to see him ahead of Sancho.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: