Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Day 12: Croatia v Scotland, England v Czechia  (Read 15978 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 12:48:20 »

What a bizarre and farcical state of affairs. They've been tested! Absolute joke, in a long line of absolute jokes.

You can still become infectious after the test though.

Its the total nonsensical inconsistencies between what players isolate and those that don't...
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 12:48:52 »

I'm thinking that Nemo must have had shoddy service from a Polish plumber at some stage.  Hmmm

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 12:51:45 »

I'm thinking that Nemo must have had shoddy service from a Polish plumber at some stage.  Hmmm

For thinking Sweden will beat them? Just based on results so far really, managing to lose to Slovakia isn't a great show of strength. Seriously helps Spain if they do though.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 12:54:49 »

Rumour is Saka and Grealish start tonight. Interesting stuff, I like Saka, but surprised to see him ahead of Sancho.
May be at left back if he is playing the back 3
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 13:10:18 »

So the nice big cuddle that Steve Clarke gave him after the game means that Clarke is isolating too?  of course not..  it's farcical.

Clarke had drunk half a bottle of whisky during the game and so it worked as a shield against Covid.

Agreed, farcical.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 13:10:25 »

If we win the group we play the next round at Wembley, rather than (I think) Copenhagen if we finish second (and Rotterdam or anywhere or Rome if we finish third)

Whether that’s actually helpful or not I’m not too sure, but it’s another factor worth considering. I’m in the ‘try and win all your games and stop being such a wet wipe’ camp anyway

Things get better but they never get good
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 13:12:52 »

For thinking Sweden will beat them? Just based on results so far really, managing to lose to Slovakia isn't a great show of strength. Seriously helps Spain if they do though.

True. Group looks wide open.
Both had good draws against Spain who look to be labouring a bit.
Anyway, that's for tomorrow.

Southgate needs to get the waistcoat on. He looked a bit dishevelled against the Scots.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 13:29:07 »

(and Rotterdam or anywhere or Rome if we finish third)

Shrivvy Road

« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 13:58:05 »

If we win the group we play the next round at Wembley, rather than (I think) Copenhagen if we finish second (and Rotterdam or anywhere or Rome if we finish third)

Whether that’s actually helpful or not I’m not too sure, but it’s another factor worth considering. I’m in the ‘try and win all your games and stop being such a wet wipe’ camp anyway
Listening to Southgate last night i am starting to think he sees Wembley as a hinderence
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 14:54:15 »

Listening to Southgate last night i am starting to think he sees Wembley as a hinderence

Wouldn’t blame him, there’s lots of negative energy from the stands. We’re Russia boo’d off after getting dicked by Belgium, or Spain after their insipid performances?? Genuine question, as I have no idea, but I’d instinctually say the reaction there wasn’t as bad as Wembley on Friday.

We had a nice few tournaments with little expectations. Now we’ve overhyped ourselves and if they don’t meet it they get shouted at. It’s like the late noughties again

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 15:05:28 »

We’re Russia boo’d off after getting dicked by Belgium, or Spain after their insipid performances?? Genuine question, as I have no idea, but I’d instinctually say the reaction there wasn’t as bad as Wembley on Friday.

Don't know about those, but Germany weren't boo'ed off after losing to France in Munich.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 15:07:03 »

😎😎😎

Flashheart

« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 15:09:06 »

And I doubt England would be booed off if they lost to France at Wembley - provided they put in a good performance.

Not that I necessarily agree with booing, but the context matters.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 15:28:49 »

Performance wasn’t any worse than the Croatia game, which was generally lorded

Only difference being we took our chances is one and didn’t in the other

Flashheart

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 15:32:22 »

I thought the Croatia game was a lot better, albeit a tad negative. And there were certainly some very good individual performances.

Against Scotland we were negative and a bit crap.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: