Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Where you from?  (Read 13042 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 00:18:21 »

Harvey Grove 4D, No 10 to be precise

Aha, nice little area that. My connection is near Bessemer.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 06:54:42 »

This thread has brought a lot of the lurkers, good to see some names we rarely see or I haven't seen before.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Mr Stevens

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 07:46:22 »

🤔 a little bizarrely, there’s another long-standing (dormant) forum member who lived in one of his previous homes…anyone else lived in any famous jockey’s houses? 🐴
The Charlesworth house was the former home of Tony Wilson of Hacienda fame. Nice little cottage that I got from the people he sold it to. According to "24 hour party people", it was there that Ian Curtis stayed in when he was having marital problems. The same bedroom my mate shat in several years later on New Years Day!

Take your chips and fuck off home.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 07:55:05 »

It seems very clear that many long term supporters came from the outskirts of Swindon.
What happens when these links to the club fade and die😞
WR5

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 08:12:19 »

Nailsworth, Minchinhampton, Stroud in my childhood

Have been in Worcester for the last 30 years

Zurich Red

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 08:37:05 »

This thread has brought a lot of the lurkers, good to see some names we rarely see or I haven't seen before.

Oh, alright then...

Chalford (22 years), London (6 years), Zurich (the rest). Getting close to half my life spent away from the UK now. I would still say that I am British even though I have both passports.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 08:40:33 »

It seems very clear that many long term supporters came from the outskirts of Swindon.

I could be wrong, but I imagine a lot of non-Swindon based supporters post on this forum as it's probably the closest thing to actually physically being in the ground/pub with other STFC fans. There are literally thousands of STFC fans that are Swindon or locally based that don't post on internet forums etc, so I wouldn't worry too much about fans links IMHO.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 08:48:17 »

More like its what happens when a forum with a demographic of middle aged men is considered, people are much more footloose these days.

Oh and what Bob's O said!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 08:53:48 »

More like its what happens when a forum with a demographic of middle aged men is considered, people are much more footloose these days.

Oh and what Bob's O said!

I'll middle aged man you! Wink

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 08:55:15 »

OB
Hope you are right and that will secure the future of the Football club.
Would be interesting to know the amount of support that came from the Railway and BMC works.
The last game I attended was at Orient and was really impressed with the support and especially with the amount of middle age 50 to 65 year old supporters that were there. Would be great to encourage all age groups to support the club.
Once Power has gone hopefully the supporters will return in numbers.    
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 08:58:26 »

OB
Hope you are right and that will secure the future of the Football club.
Would be interesting to know the amount of support that came from the Railway and BMC works.
The last game I attended was at Orient and was really impressed with the support and especially with the amount of middle age 50 to 65 year old supporters that were there. Would be great to encourage all age groups to support the club.
Once Power has gone hopefully the supporters will return in numbers.     

There are a lot of 'yoof' that do go. I think there is a decent mix of young and old that do go.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 09:03:32 »

Too much ‘top level’ football readily available these days.

Don’t think (m)any of the future generations will be hardcore Swindon loyalists. Best we can probably hope for is to be their ‘second team’ and hope they go to a decent amount of games for the ‘live’ experience.

...although nothing changes in the sense that people are more likely to turn up to support a winning team.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 09:05:25 »

I'll middle aged man you! Wink

Behave, I can't be the only one who is enjoying Bob's Orange- Escape to the Country' playing out on here!  Cheesy Wink
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 09:05:39 »

Plus, we are getting to the point where the future generations are being fathered by the original Sky 1992 generation of sofa supporters most of whom will pass their allegiances down the family tree I’d have thought
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 09:11:19 »

Plus fans arse being out priced and can't afford to hold very often

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: