Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Where you from?  (Read 12738 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, June 21, 2021, 11:36:58 »

Are you a Paget? 

No, but my Best Friend is (albeit he’s a Spurs fan)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, June 21, 2021, 11:55:04 »

Ha, I knew a few Bromham lads back in the day. I'm early 50s so not sure if we knew the same crowd?
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, June 21, 2021, 13:14:31 »

Born in Weymouth but moved to Swindon when 2. Been here since apart from a 6 month stint in Canada and 3 years in Cheltenham.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, June 21, 2021, 13:19:52 »

Born and bred in Swansea.

My old man is from Swindon and lived there until he moved to Swansea for work. He passed the gift of STFC to me...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, June 21, 2021, 14:10:25 »

My old man is from Swindon and lived there until he moved to Swansea for work. He passed the gift of STFC to me...

I'll call child services, see if they will work on a cold case..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, June 21, 2021, 14:13:25 »

Quote from: welshred

not sure how old you are, but that's bad luck. Nobody could predict the rise of the Jacks looking at them in the early 90s.
anglia red

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, June 21, 2021, 14:22:35 »

Born in Swindon( lived nexd door to George Hudson ) moved to Rochester kent in1956 ,moved to Fareham Hants in 1982 then Ashford kent in 1996 , moved to  Caiter-on Sea Norfolk in 2003

ome on you reds
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, June 21, 2021, 14:24:58 »

I'll call child services, see if they will work on a cold case..

I suspect there are a fair few of us on here who did not grow up in Swindon who are paying the price for the allegiances of our fathers....
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, June 21, 2021, 14:29:27 »

Born an Air Force sprog in Gibraltar. Lived 9 years in Swindon (in Jonny Francombe’s childhood home) then Littleton Panell outside Devizes until I left for college. Then France for the last 35 years. Pretty certain I’ll never go back to live in the U.K. again.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, June 21, 2021, 14:30:58 »

not sure how old you are, but that's bad luck. Nobody could predict the rise of the Jacks looking at them in the early 90s.

I nearly became a Swansea fan by default in the early 80's, had to have a football shirt for school and Giles in Carterton only had Swansea and Chelsea and I chose Chelsea as I liked blue, was converted over to the red side by my old man shortly afterwards.  
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, June 21, 2021, 14:33:10 »

I suspect there are a fair few of us on here who did not grow up in Swindon who are paying the price for the allegiances of our fathers....

Wish my bloody kids would take their dose of suffering. Little sods have never read their Larkin.

“Man hands on misery to man.
 It deepens like a coastal shelf.”

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, June 21, 2021, 15:17:30 »

On that yardstick I’d need to contact Phil Brown to help me choose an adoptive Swindonesque Indian lower league team then.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, June 21, 2021, 15:56:15 »

Ha, I knew a few Bromham lads back in the day. I'm early 50s so not sure if we knew the same crowd?

You’re a bit younger than me (57),  but probably know a lot of them.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, June 21, 2021, 16:02:45 »

i was born in Rodbourne Cheney, we moved away when i was 20 months old due to my Dad's work and i've lived in various places in Bedfordshire ever since.

Always supported the Town though, went to my first match back in 76. All the family supported them and still do.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, June 21, 2021, 16:20:47 »

Portsmouth roots.
Born in Wallingford then Berks, now Oxon.
Harwell, Didcot and North Oxon villages.
In fact always Oxfordshire thus know many Pox fans who detest the fact that I have supported Swindon since 75. Both boys loyal Swindon Supporters although the young one often needs reminding he is not a Portsmouth fan.
Why Swindon? A mate from school and got so many other school mates following Swindon and still do so now with their own kids supporting the mighty Swindon.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: