Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England v Scotland  (Read 22994 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 20:44:02 »

Media hype as always

So, give no fucks
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 20:46:42 »

I don't know enough about this team but the media always blame the managers and have done for years, without really questioning that the players are nowhere near as their hype

I come from a land down-under
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 20:47:05 »

Stunningly dull game. 4 points from 6 is fine but plenty to worry about in the performance - although I'm sure we'll still manage to overreact and there'll be a public enquiry about who to drop/guillotine.

Not sure it helps the Scots much either, they'll need to best Croatia in the final group game. Fair play though, they were obdurate and had the better chances, Stones header aside.

England have a lot of talent. Maybe Southgate isn't getting the best of it but most international managers are pretty average these days and I don't think he's worse than most. Amount of football played probably doesn't help.
« Last Edit: Friday, June 18, 2021, 20:48:42 by Nemo » Logged
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 20:47:18 »

We rightly slaughtered Sheridan week after week because Town hardly had a shot on target.

The pick of England have just managed a single shot on target against the second lowest ranked team in the Euros.

Football’s not coming home
Flashheart

« Reply #124 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 20:47:18 »

No energy. Hopefully, that will tell Southgate that he needs to change it. Nicking a win from that would have papered over the cracks.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 20:49:39 »

Bunch of very overpaid so called professionals performing as nothing really matters and led by an excuse for a manager.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 20:49:53 »

That's why I rarely watch internationals these days.

England over the years are better when they are the underdog.

Scotland always raise their game against England. Just fortunate that they don't have a quality striker.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 20:50:16 »

Passion?  

This is how I remember it. Football ain't what it used to be.

« Last Edit: Friday, June 18, 2021, 20:53:59 by 4D » Logged
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 20:50:29 »

Yawn fest, too many bang average players down the spine of the team. Mings is never international standard, Rice & Phillips are are also average and offer no creativity. Still can’t see what Southgate offers as a manager, everything is safe, slow and one dimensional and this was typical of him in every high pressure game where he gets found out and is unable to change the game.

We’ve been overhyped as usual but excluding a few decent attacking players we aren’t anything special.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 20:51:04 »

Spot on Clap

So, give no fucks
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 20:52:09 »

Yawn fest, too many bang average players down the spine of the team. Mings is never international standard, Rice & Phillips are are also average and offer no creativity. Still can’t see what Southgate offers as a manager, everything is safe, slow and one dimensional and this was typical of him in every high pressure game where he gets found out and is unable to change the game.

We’ve been overhyped as usual but excluding a few decent attacking players we aren’t anything special.

Phillips was man of the match literally one game ago. He wasn't good today, neither was anyone else (bar Pickford, who was excellent. Maybe James). Constant incredible overreactions from England fans are ridiculous.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 20:53:55 »

Not the best place to hold an interview and spot on Wrighty
« Last Edit: Friday, June 18, 2021, 20:55:31 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 20:54:50 »

Phillips was man of the matvh literally one game ago.
But isn’t that symptomatic of the problem, he basically got it because of his energy and hard work, there’s no one showing genuine quality and taking control of the game. The Croatia game was equally as dull for the most part.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 20:55:38 »

I'm seeing something very different to most on here.  This was a derby, it tells us very little about the players or the manager as far as how far we can go.  Do this on Tuesday and yes there should be cause for concern.  Right now, I'm relaxed.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Flashheart

« Reply #134 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 20:56:50 »

Phillips was man of the match literally one game ago. He wasn't good today, neither was anyone else (bar Pickford, who was excellent. Maybe James). Constant incredible overreactions from England fans are ridiculous.

Yep. To call Phillips average is odd, he was superb in the first game.

There's some very good players out there, but they're doing what the manager's telling them to do.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: