Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England v Scotland  (Read 22992 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 13:53:48 »

I've been away too long. What's a goggle coat?

One of those expensive 'designer' jackets that has a pair of goggles in the hood. I'm not completely au fait with why, but it seems to be the knuckle-draggers coat of choice.

https://www.tkmaxx.com/uk/en/kids-goldlabel/kids-designer-gold-label/green-honeycomb-print-goggle-hood-coat/p/43145570?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=OrganicShopping&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping&utm_term=4314557000802&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4sTUlauh8QIVEt1RCh0hygZlEAQYASABEgLVS_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Not entirely sure of the purpose of the goggles, whether you can actually wear them or they are for 'show'

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 14:03:23 »

That looks like a Kermit outfit for 160!
I think they were originally used for motor racing years ago

I come from a land down-under
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 14:15:48 »

Sweden Slovakia game is not great but the commentary team on BBC are. Danny Murphy and a young lady, don't know who. They were pretty good in a previous game as well.
Also been impressed by the quality of refs so far. Letting the game flow and taking no shit.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 14:34:20 »

yeah, refs have been good
Barry Scott

« Reply #34 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 14:37:45 »

What with three teams going through I wonder whether we’ll see anything like this in order to secure easy fixtures

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbados_4–2_Grenada

Crazy, reminds me of a game in Asia, Tiger Cup I think it was called where I think neither team wanted to win. I forget why, but I remember they resorted to trying to score own goals too.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 14:40:47 »

I just had to Google it myself.

My initial response was - What the fuck?

I bet Crispy has one  Smiley
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 14:57:23 »

That looks like a Kermit outfit for 160!
I think they were originally used for motor racing years ago

Just looks like this....

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 15:26:19 »

Crazy, reminds me of a game in Asia, Tiger Cup I think it was called where I think neither team wanted to win. I forget why, but I remember they resorted to trying to score own goals too.

All here Barry

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_AFF_Championship
Flashheart

« Reply #38 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 15:28:40 »

This tournament was marred by an unsportsmanlike match between Thailand and Indonesia during the group stage.[1] Both teams were already assured of qualification for the semi-finals, but both teams also knew that the winners of the game would face hosts Vietnam in the semi-finals, while the losing team would face surprise group winners Singapore, who were perceived to be easier opposition, and would also avoid the inconvenience of moving the team's training base from Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi for the semi-finals.[1][2] The first half saw little action, with both teams barely making any attempt to score. During the second half both teams managed to score, resulting in a 2–2 score after 90 minutes. During injury time, despite two Thai defenders attempting to stop him, Indonesian defender Mursyid Effendi deliberately scored an own goal, handing Thailand a 3–2 victory.[2] FIFA fined both teams $40,000 for "violating the spirit of the game", while Mursyid was banned from domestic football for one year and international football for life.[3] In the semi-finals, Thailand lost to Vietnam, and Indonesia lost to Singapore. In the final, the title was to elude the hosts, as they went down 1–0 to unfancied Singapore in one of the competition's biggest shocks to date.[3]
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 15:53:21 »

One of those expensive 'designer' jackets that has a pair of goggles in the hood. I'm not completely au fait with why, but it seems to be the knuckle-draggers coat of choice.

https://www.tkmaxx.com/uk/en/kids-goldlabel/kids-designer-gold-label/green-honeycomb-print-goggle-hood-coat/p/43145570?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=OrganicShopping&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping&utm_term=4314557000802&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4sTUlauh8QIVEt1RCh0hygZlEAQYASABEgLVS_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Not entirely sure of the purpose of the goggles, whether you can actually wear them or they are for 'show'

Those are epicly shit. Another reason to be glad I'm at a safe distance.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 16:27:57 »

Croatia v the Czechs not a fabulous game so far.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 16:32:20 »

Shick's nose just got a good solid whack there.  Think he's gonna get a penalty for it...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 16:57:30 »

On the USA commentary I have, Efan Ekoku was surprised at the Penalty decision because he didn't mean it.  Not sure how that works, if he'd managed to kick a guy in the head, I am pretty sure intent would neither be here nor there, everyone would be calling for a penalty.

Croatia look a bit meh.

It likely will all mean jack shit once knock out games start getting played, but there does seem to be a big gap between teams like Italy and the rest.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 16:59:49 »

UK commentary and studio are the same. I don't know, I get that they're not often given but if you elbow someone in the nose to the point where their nose is spread all over the box you can't be that shocked a foul is given. Sure, it's not deliberate but it is absolutely reckless, same as a bad tackle. I'm surprised everyone seems to think it's a shocker.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 17:20:07 »

it's a better game now
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: