Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England v Scotland  (Read 23065 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 10:38:53 »

Anyone watching later?

Pint Pint Pint
Panda Paws

« Reply #1 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 10:39:22 »

Hopefully the rain eases as we're heading to Tobacco Dock for this one. Should be mega.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 10:41:01 »

The big screen at home for me  Smiley
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 10:43:07 »

Thai green curry, onion bhajis, raita, Mythos beer and a couple of sacrificial Jock friends this evening. He has a tartan face mask and a ‘see you Jimmy’ hat/wig, I’ve dug out my 2018 World Cup T-shirt - which, surprisingly, still fits!
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 10:44:44 »

Who are the locals supporting for this one Aud?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 10:45:30 »

Don’t think they give a stuff, tbh.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 10:46:31 »

Shame
Old_Town_Red

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 10:53:56 »

Will be at the game, first live match since Swindon vs. FGR so double excitement
Flashheart

« Reply #8 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 10:55:22 »

At home.

Gin, crackers, smoked salmon, and blue cheese.
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 11:22:07 »

England 3 0 or possibly more if we get an early goal. Scotland are shit and their defence even worse. England aren't shit.
I will be watching at home accompanied by wine, wine, wine and some strong cheddar on stick bread, undecided whether to put chilli marmite on it. Chilli marmite is a bit good.
Panda Paws

« Reply #10 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 11:28:28 »

Thai green curry, onion bhajis, raita, Mythos beer and a couple of sacrificial Jock friends this evening. He has a tartan face mask and a ‘see you Jimmy’ hat/wig, I’ve dug out my 2018 World Cup T-shirt - which, surprisingly, still fits!

That's a very confused supper Aud!

Will be at the game, first live match since Swindon vs. FGR so double excitement

V V jealous. Enjoy it.
Flashheart

« Reply #11 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 11:40:38 »

A joke:

It is just before Scotland v England in the Euro’s Group game.
Kane goes into the English changing room to find all his team mates looking a bit glum.
"What's up?" he asks.
"Well, we're having trouble getting motivated for this game. We know it's important but it's only Scotland. They're shite and we can't be bothered".
Kane looks at them and says "Well, I reckon I can beat these by myself, you lads go down the pub."
So Kane goes out to play Scotland by himself and the rest of the English team go off for a few pints. After a few jars they wonder how the game is going, so they get the landlord to put the teletext on. A big cheer goes up as the screen reads "England 1 - Scotland 0 (Kane 10minutes)". He is beating Scotland all by himself!
Anyway, a few more pints later and the game is forgotten until someone remembers "It must be full time now, let's see how he got on". They put the teletext on.
"Result from the Stadium "England 1 (Kane 10 minutes) - Scotland 1"(Angus McShagnasty 89 minutes)".
They can't believe it, he has single handedly got a draw against Scotland!!
They rush back to the Stadium to congratulate him. They find him in the dressing room, still in his gear, sat with his head in his hands. He refuses to look at them.
"I've let you down, I've let you down."
"Don't be daft, you got a draw against Scotland , all by yourself. And they only scored at the very very end"
"No, No, I have, I've let you down...
I got sent off after 12 minutes"
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 11:52:45 »

If, IF, we smash Scotland, we would qualify but almost certainly then play the runners up of Group F in the first knock-out game... France or Germany or Portugal or Hungary (but probably not Hungary).

So in some ways the more that Scotland lose by, the more they win by.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 12:00:38 »

Going for a curry at 6 and then will watch the game at home with a few beers. Nothing too heavy as up early to head to get the train into the big smoke for a gin experience at Portobello Road tomorrow!

hopefully London will be de-tartan armied by then!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, June 18, 2021, 12:08:26 »

Watching at home (in Scotland, so probably won't go to the pub...)

Two other games first - Sweden v Slovakia bit of a warm up but actually quite interested in Czechs v Croatians - will give a good view as to how good that England performance was if Croatia suddenly look like a strong side.

As for the main event... look, England should win. But clearly it'll be a harder game that you'd expect against the fourth best side in the group.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: