Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Euro 2020(1) Instant Win & Sweepstake (not treading on Sippo's toes)  (Read 140946 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Saturday, June 12, 2021, 10:40:23 »

For the prize of a Retro England Shirt & 4 x Bullhouse Beers is...

Congratulations!

As well as the Instant Win & the main Sweepstake prizes I will be doing random beer giveaways through the tournament so keep an eye out!

Cheers all!

Bamboo
Smiley

Sometimes it pays to be Finland  Pint Pint Pint Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Saturday, June 12, 2021, 16:33:57 »

Hey Berni, yep. It's still pending and taking 88p in fees. I will just deduct the 88p from the other one (as you suggest) and send you back

£19.12
-     88p
=
£18.24

I don't know what justifies those kind of fees in PayPal in all honesty. Think it's around 4.5% in this instance but they don't appear to be consistent. FH had a 7.9% fee deducted but of course that was at least due to cross transfer. This (yours) was GBP-GBP so baffled me. Unless it has something to do with being B2B (Business to Business) poss?

Anyway, if it all goes tuts up, I'll just pay the difference into the charity pots Smiley

I don't know why it is showing as pending..  My end shows paid 2 x £20, the same as always.  I haven't had this problem with any other payment..  And mine isn't a business account.

I don't know, either way I'll let you work it out - if you need me to do anything then let me know.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Saturday, June 12, 2021, 16:35:53 »

The business thing, there's an option on PayPal you need to change to 'family and friends' rather than 'paying for an item or service' to avoid fees.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Saturday, June 12, 2021, 22:03:46 »

The business thing, there's an option on PayPal you need to change to 'family and friends' rather than 'paying for an item or service' to avoid fees.

Yeah there is usually the option to choose either or for the sender at payment (and a note if needed). This is usually set to F&F as the default option.

I don't know why it is showing as pending..  My end shows paid 2 x £20, the same as always.  I haven't had this problem with any other payment..  And mine isn't a business account.

I don't know, either way I'll let you work it out - if you need me to do anything then let me know.

Hey ho mate, it's no problem. I had to go in to my desktop version and state that you'd paid for "virtual services" rather than a physical product. Maybe because I've received payments for framed prints via that PayPal, possible PayPal thinks that every single transaction done was for a physical product?! Still wouldn't explain the hold up.

Any way, it'll supposedly clear in a couple of days but honestly mate, it's no big deal...as long as you don't end up winning the thing and I get a backlash 

I'll sort it Smiley

=================

In other news, hope Christian Erickson gets better soon regardless of the future for him in football.

Oh and leading on, since Denmark played Finland...Horlock...you might be interested in seeing that Wheel of Fortune clip  Beers

'Incessant Nonsense'

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Saturday, June 12, 2021, 23:08:17 »

Yeah there is usually the option to choose either or for the sender at payment (and a note if needed). This is usually set to F&F as the default option.

Hey ho mate, it's no problem. I had to go in to my desktop version and state that you'd paid for "virtual services" rather than a physical product. Maybe because I've received payments for framed prints via that PayPal, possible PayPal thinks that every single transaction done was for a physical product?! Still wouldn't explain the hold up.

Any way, it'll supposedly clear in a couple of days but honestly mate, it's no big deal...as long as you don't end up winning the thing and I get a backlash 

I'll sort it Smiley

=================

In other news, hope Christian Erickson gets better soon regardless of the future for him in football.

Oh and leading on, since Denmark played Finland...Horlock...you might be interested in seeing that Wheel of Fortune clip  Beers

Great job yesterday Boo I didn't realise what you were doing until it was too late

So, give no fucks
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Saturday, June 12, 2021, 23:18:10 »

Great job yesterday Boo I didn't realise what you were doing until it was too late

That's ok JQ, the weather has been good pretty much everywhere so no doubt many have been making the most of it. The UK is a pretty place when the weather is good.

If you feel like donating to either cause though feel free Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Sunday, June 13, 2021, 06:18:51 »

Fuck me, I have won something!
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Sunday, June 13, 2021, 10:36:29 »

Fuck me, I have won something!

Yep! It made me laugh more because the other day, you were banging on about football shirts and how they're getting smaller etc.

Congrats fella. I've not yet received the shirt from the sponsor as they obviously need details etc.

Drop us a DM whenever you're ready and we can start putting your Retro Shirt & Bullhouse Beers package together for you Smiley  Beers

'Incessant Nonsense'

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Monday, June 21, 2021, 09:59:25 »

Interesting that Bamboo got all our cash and has not been seen for a week!  Hmmm

P.S - Hope he is OK!  Cheesy Wink
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Monday, June 21, 2021, 12:17:03 »

This reminds me, what is happening with my overpayment BB?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Monday, June 21, 2021, 13:23:30 »

This reminds me, what is happening with my overpayment BB?

I imagine the same as has happened to the shirt and beer I have won!  Wink
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Thursday, June 24, 2021, 23:18:59 »

Ok so we're down to the nitty gritty. Tournament football gets "proper" now the groups have been decided!

We might be saying goodbye to 8 teams but in this competition - whilst you might be out, none of you are "out out" yet. That's because we will be doing a few random beer giveaways via a random teaser question. Whoever answers correctly will then be invited to "spin the wheel" to win some beer(s).

Keeps everyone interested - even those like Aldbourne Red, who drew the heroic North Macedonia. Horlock (the Instant Win Winner), with Finland who started with a win and DV Canio's Hungary - where at one point he could have been scoffing the Goulash, in a Round of 16 nail biter v England! I wonder what the Magyar would've made of that?!

Back to the competition. I've finally got round to putting a proper "Tournament Tree" as well as some extras if you have nothing to do tomorrow, after the "Power v Standing" Judgement (seeing as there is no footy for at least another 24hrs). Feel free to have a browse but the tab you really want to look at is the "Top 16" one. Especially if you're still involved in the sweepstake main prize.

There's an individual PDF to view the Round of 16 too, which will also be updated along with the spreadsheet as we go along.

Round of 16 PDF attached below

In depth spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1svLvh4eCbZhtiyq2DzVXtTiAZpbXC__9Ol8APBeRwk0/edit?usp=sharing

For those unsure of who they are (Round of 16):

Belgium (Off Grid Gary)             v Portugal (Fowey)
Italy (Chris Sorso (Sippo))         v Austria (WTTRA)
France (Flash 'art)                    v  Switzerland (Nemo)
Croatia (Batch Sarža)                v Spain (Grieta Jonah (Crack Jones))

Sweden (Kenny)                       v Ukraine (бамбук (Bamboo))
England (Wobbling Robert)        v Germany (Berni Herr (Berniman))
Netherlands (Gareth of Orange) v Czech Rep (Rozviklaný Bob (Wobbly Bob))
Wales (Arlunydd Audrey)           v Denmark (Sprække Jones (Crack Jones))

That's that for now! I'll update as we go along but keep your eyes peeled for the random beer giveaways too!

Cheers,
Bamboo & Bullhouse Brewery

NB:
Berni, I will drop you a DM tomorrow afternoon and sort the difference on your 2nd payment. Just been busier than I anticipated. Arthur Fowler is nowhere near the donation kitty - he doesn't have PayPal Wink

Horlock, I've DM'd you in regard to details, etc Smiley

* Euro2020(+1)SweepstakeTop16.pdf (61.33 KB - downloaded 42 times.)
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 24, 2021, 23:20:54 by bamboonoclue » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 15:06:40 »

Just a quick update before the Round of 16 Starts. If you've not have chance to checkout the Ro16 Tournament Tree yet then give it download and have a quick view. If you want a more comprehensive look at all the tournament data and team info (as well as the Ro16/Top16 tree) then the drive link on there is the go to one.

In terms of donations etc. Everything has been settled and Berniman, I've DM'd you regarding your refunded amount after the rather bizarre payment issue. All sorted.

I will be rounding up each of the donation amounts to £100 (from £95) for both the STFC Trust and Cancer Research UK - just makes it a more round number. The prize money still remains as £50 to the Sweepstake Winner and beer prizes also remain the same of course.

Any extra beers "given away" at random could be a mixture from either Bullhouse/Brewdog. I've contacted them (Brewdog) and they are also sending some out too. If you are to win a random beer giveaway then I'll beer sure to let you know what is available. Also, if by some great stretch I (Ukraine) happens to win the Euros then I'll donate the £50 to both the charities. It's unlikely but we only have to look at Greece in 2004.

Anyway, enough of that...it's time for the Round of 16 to get underway...

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 15:44:05 »

Here they come then... who are you backing?

The first “Round of 16” tie...

* Euro2020(+1)Rof16_WvD.jpg (269.7 KB, 2560x1920 - viewed 75 times.)

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 17:55:17 »

Well that was an easy start!

Audrey (Wales) is(are) out. Crackity Jones (Denmark) is(are) through to the Quarter Finals.

Denmark nullified Bale and maybe something is written in the script or stars for the Danes, in this tournament!

Here's the result...

* Euro202(+1)Rof16_WvD_FT.jpg (287.98 KB, 2560x1920 - viewed 69 times.)

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: