Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Euro 2020(1) Instant Win & Sweepstake (not treading on Sippo's toes)  (Read 140925 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« on: Monday, June 7, 2021, 14:42:03 »

Right buggar it, I'm doing it.

Ok with just a few days to go, I don't know about any of you but I've started to get "football tournament fever" - just me? Maybe so but anyone on here that is interested, I will be going ahead with my planned Instant Win & Sweepstake Comp combo. I'd previously mentioned  running this idea with both Costanza and PandaPaws separately but then I got busy and well...life. For what it's worth I think Chris (Sippo) has done a great job and I'm only annoyed that I didn't get a chance to enter his Sweepstake. For starters, Mind is a fantastic charity so nice one Chris Smiley

The Format
In this comp you'll get a double chance and all get drawn a team like a normal sweepstake but have no fear, if you draw out Finland or even England you still have an opportunity to win! Once you've been drawn your team(s), don't throw away your virtual tickets just yet as I will be drawing one randomly selected (and very lucky) team via something like "Randomizer" to pick the instant winner.

What could you win?
Well the instant winner (drawn on the eve of the Euros) will receive a replica England Italia 90 Football shirt courtesy of FootballShop and a 4 pack of Craft Beers from my kind friends at Bullhouse Brewery (you can check them out here https://bullhousebeer.co.uk ).

As well as the Instant Win, obviously a normal sweepstake will ensue, so those with France, Germany & Belgium etc. can sit back for a month as the rest of the teams fall away. This sweepstake part will have a 1st prize winner and beer prizes for 2nd & 3rd too (see below). This is also part of a charitable effort too, combined with Cancer Research UK and The STFC Trust getting 50/50 of the remaining funds.

Why Should You Take Part/Enter?
Two reasons, on top of the obvious potential of winning something above, you'll also be putting your money towards the two charities mentioned. In September my three sisters and I are taking part in yet another Marathon Hike so this will go towards some way to achieve our collective target (yep, we're prepared to sweat and ache a bit for your kind donations), raising money for Cancer Research UK.

Also the other half of the remaining sweepstake funds will go to the STFC Trust. Obviously in the current climate, the Trust are working quite hard and have my full backing in the direction they choose to take. I have also mentioned this to Terry (PP) as I know he has been putting a lot of effort in for the Trust of late. So actual big kudos to him in that respect and all involved with the Trust.

Breakdown of donations
I'm suggesting an entry/donation of £10 per team with the aim of raising a minimum of £240. Feel free if you wish to donate more, then please do so.

If the minimum is reached we will:
£95 - Cancer Research UK
£95 - STFC Trust
----------------------------
£50 - Sweepstake Winner
£240

Prizes Breakdown
Instant Winner - 1 x Replica England Italia 90 Football Tee & 4 x Bullhouse Beers
Sweepstake Winner    - £50 & 6 x Bullhouse Beers
Sweepstake 2nd Prize - 4 x Bullhouse Beers
Sweepstake 3rd Prize  - 2 x Bullhouse Beers

All beers will be shipped to each winner upon completion of the Instant Win Draw and Sweepstake Winners. This might only be available to UK residents, unless of course you are not a UK resident but wish to donate your prize to someone located in the UK.

On top of all this, we'll be planting a tree for each entry (so a total of 24 trees) via OneTreePlanted.

If any more money is kindly donated then we will split that again 50/50 between the two charities.

That's about it so if you're in just request in the comments below.

Cheers and good luck,
Bamboo & Bullhouse Brewery
Smiley

PS: There is zero chance of me "Arthur Fowlering" any cash as some of you on here actually have my address! Plus I doubt the sponsor would be too happy as well!
  Pint
« Last Edit: Monday, June 7, 2021, 14:47:17 by bamboonoclue » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, June 7, 2021, 14:58:24 »

I'm in..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, June 7, 2021, 15:50:49 »

I'm in..

Cool. Only 23 to go Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, June 7, 2021, 15:53:52 »

Count me in - even if I can’t receive any potential prize!

I’m used to that, though - ask Berniman!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, June 7, 2021, 15:56:45 »

Go on then, albeit I don't want Russia again!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, June 7, 2021, 16:48:33 »

I'm in.
Flashheart

« Reply #6 on: Monday, June 7, 2021, 16:54:18 »

I'm in.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, June 7, 2021, 18:44:17 »

I’m in. How do we pay?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, June 7, 2021, 21:10:58 »

Thanks so far to all who have said they are in. Just want to make sure, any of those that are abroad (Flashheart & Aud so far) that you probably won't be eligible to receive the physical prizes directly but will be for the cash prize. Obviously you can donate/choose a nominated UK address that I can send to as an option.

As for payment, I'll either set up a Money Pool and/or will accept Faster Payment via your bank too. If the second option is chosen, just send me a DM.

We've got a quarter of the spaces filled so far, which is pretty decent. Hopefully get 'em all snapped up before Friday.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Crackity Jones

« Reply #9 on: Monday, June 7, 2021, 21:23:12 »

I'm in
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, June 7, 2021, 22:35:11 »

One more.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, June 8, 2021, 07:09:01 »

Count me in - even if I can’t receive any potential prize!

I’m used to that, though - ask Berniman!

It's not my fault your postman is a thief Smiley

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, June 8, 2021, 08:03:50 »

Yeah I'm in Kev. Already got your bank deets so I'll fire the dicky across this week.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, June 8, 2021, 12:15:20 »

Welcome to new entrants

Crackity J
Wobbly B
&
Bobs Orange

We're just over a third pledged with 9 so far. Feel free to let anyone in your own networks know if they fancy winning some cash, beers and a pretty snazzy retro England shirt.

I've shared this in my own networks but they are mostly "pint nursing stingy norvverners" so it can be a tough gig but I'm sure we'll get there Cheesy

Cheers Mr Orange, that's fine thanks. To anyone waiting for the Money Pool link. I will post later on or sometime tomorrow. Just waiting for a few more to jump on board and then we'll sort payments out.

Cheers,
Bamboo
Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, June 8, 2021, 20:59:46 »

We've got 10 (pending an 11th). Near on halfway.

Be decent if a few more on here enter. Lots of "win, win, win" scenarios here. You'll be putting half of your donation to the Trust and half to Cancer Research. But also you'll have 2 chances to win via the Instant Win & Sweepstake. Also the Sweepstake has some consolation prizes too, so you haven't even got to be the best!

I'm trying to do it so that I don't have to enter as I'd prefer someone else to actually win and it avoids any potential animosity if I were to end up with France or someone likely to do pretty well!

On top of the prizes already listed above, I will also be doing random "beer giveaways" throughout the tournament so you might even win something just for predicting the correct score or the correct goalscorer...I reckon that's £10 well spent if I'm honest with you, especially if you're drawn a shit team...like England*  Smiley

*They'll go and win it now!

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: