Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preseason Friendlies 2021/22  (Read 52060 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, June 10, 2021, 06:13:38 »

Swansea Fans Alliance are urging their fans not to attend the friendly in support of STFC supporters in trying to starve Power of any more income.

Kudos!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, June 10, 2021, 08:05:43 »

Swansea Fans Alliance are urging their fans not to attend the friendly in support of STFC supporters in trying to starve Power of any more income.

Kudos!

I saw that Oldham's supporters Trust were also backing the initiative and pretty sure they will be looking to do something similar re their owners. Fan power on the up!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, June 10, 2021, 12:39:42 »

Posh at the CG 31 July
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, June 10, 2021, 15:33:18 »

I saw that Oldham's supporters Trust were also backing the initiative and pretty sure they will be looking to do something similar re their owners. Fan power on the up!

I doubt this thought is accurate, I think it more likely everything will slip back to normal, but I wonder if the Covid period has somewhat stripped bare the way clubs have wandered so far off the original concept of football clubs in the UK?

If it has, that could be good.  Essentially, the sheer indifference club owners have had towards fans, which has exposed those businesses to practical crooks, has largely been because we could just be relied upon.  We keep sending them money, regardless of what happens.  It's not like a normal business, it's like a small Monopoly without regulation.  Covid has ripped the curtains open a bit - we couldn't keep going, even nutcase fans started asking why they should buy a season ticket for a season where they would never be able to attend and not get a refund.

Hopefully this gets some movement in the game, but as I say, I doubt it.
Panda Paws

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, June 10, 2021, 15:35:51 »

I doubt this thought is accurate, I think it more likely everything will slip back to normal, but I wonder if the Covid period has somewhat stripped bare the way clubs have wandered so far off the original concept of football clubs in the UK?

If it has, that could be good.  Essentially, the sheer indifference club owners have had towards fans, which has exposed those businesses to practical crooks, has largely been because we could just be relied upon.  We keep sending them money, regardless of what happens.  It's not like a normal business, it's like a small Monopoly without regulation.  Covid has ripped the curtains open a bit - we couldn't keep going, even nutcase fans started asking why they should buy a season ticket for a season where they would never be able to attend and not get a refund.

Hopefully this gets some movement in the game, but as I say, I doubt it.

I think it'll be one extreme or the other. The clubs who have engaged, been fair with refunds etc will experience a real boon of pent-up demand. Away crowds will be up and goodwill towards those clubs from their fans will be huge.

And then there's us, Oldham etc....
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 10, 2021, 15:52:46 by Panda Paws » Logged

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 15:07:05 »

Obviously won’t be ready for the Supermarine friendly on 6 July. Been put back to the 20th.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 15:08:25 »

Obviously won’t be ready for the Supermarine friendly on 6 July. Been put back to the 20th.

Pity for Supermarine, they would probably have started as favourites.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 16:28:35 »

I knew this over the weekend but it’s one of those you can’t say anything about until it’s announced. But still going either way as I have tickets.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 17:00:46 »

I'll put me boots away then
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 17:03:48 »

I knew this over the weekend but it’s one of those you can’t say anything about until it’s announced. But still going either way as I have tickets.

Proper derby match Pint

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 08:56:56 »

Garrick may actually be quite useful in league 2 under management that know what they are doing. Assuming of course Garrick is one of the 4 that Cowley has said we are getting on loan.
I would welcome back Garrick, 1 good game out of every 3 for a winger isn't bad. At times it looked like he had never seen a football in his life then he would look a world beater in the next game.

Its about careful management of him under a good coach not an archaic dinosaur like he had.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ahounsell

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, July 9, 2021, 13:30:36 »

Just a heads-up for anyone coming to the friendly at Melksham this evening. Dont be alarmed by the sign that says "No access to football ground". About 100 yards away is a sign for the temporary access road. (This is due to the housing being built in the area).

If you are coming from the M4, you need to go past both signs and do a u-turn at the roundabout by the Water meadow pub. If you are coming from the Calne direction you will be coming that way anyway. Hopefully that is clear enough!

For what its worth, Melksham drew 1-1 with Bristol Rovers last Friday. Rovers played a different team in each half with a handful of first-team players in each.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, July 9, 2021, 15:27:40 »

Shit! We're gonna get tonked!  Doh  Crying

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, July 9, 2021, 17:42:40 »

Wollacott, Hunt, Baudry, Conroy (c), Player A, Lyden, Parsons, Gordon, Cowmeadow, Bell, Player B

Never knowingly overstated.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, July 9, 2021, 17:43:25 »

Substitutes: Player C, Dworzak, Boulden, Weir, Taank, Winchcombe, Bryan, Minturn, Francis, Fox

Never knowingly overstated.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: