Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: #NoMoneyNoPower  (Read 39288 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #180 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 11:15:26 »

Why are administrators not independently appointed?

No idea.

You'd think that they shouldn't be. It leaves it wide open to all sorts of shenanigans otherwise.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 11:18:36 by Flashheart » Logged
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 11:16:51 »

No idea.

You'd think that they should be. It leaves it wide open to all sorts of shenanigans otherwise.
We’ve seen that first hand before, Andronikou and his cosy relationship with Diamandis.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 11:18:59 »

I don't remember that happening.

By 'poo-poohed', do you mean people pointing out that it's not enough to know for sure that he's a bad guy?

Just got to look through the resurrected Lee Power thread when he was appointed to see the amount of ‘wait and see’ and ‘I don’t see how he can fleece the club’ and ‘he’d have picked a better proposition than STFC to make money out of’ and ‘how can he make money out of us when we have no assets’ plus any number of excuses for his past business behaviour.

I realise it’s all fine now with hindsight but it really did stand out like a sore thumb.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 11:22:14 »

Again it's a comparing two options thing - Power was a better option than Jed, although that's two very poor options.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 11:24:25 »

Oh, I agree entirely. But it seems Power got the benefit of the doubt to a large degree while Clem is treated with suspicion when he has nowhere near the historical shenanigans that Power had.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #185 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 11:26:06 »

Once bitten, twice shy.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 11:26:31 »

Seems that Axis has friends locally and those friends are wanting to  help take the club forward in the best way possible
I am aware of the background re  one  party involved trying to help and suggest their heritage is good. Real genuine type of person/ people.
Wealthy, possibly not enough. Honesty yes.
Suggest everyone needs to follow their gut feelings and strongly urge a time for change is now. LP surely your time is up
Good luck to all involved
COYMRs
Crackity Jones

« Reply #187 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 11:27:03 »

Just got to look through the resurrected Lee Power thread when he was appointed to see the amount of ‘wait and see’ and ‘I don’t see how he can fleece the club’ and ‘he’d have picked a better proposition than STFC to make money out of’ and ‘how can he make money out of us when we have no assets’ plus any number of excuses for his past business behaviour.

I realise it’s all fine now with hindsight but it really did stand out like a sore thumb.
who said what 7 years ago is kind of irrelevant. What we need to ensure happens via the Trust is that any new owner is held fully accountable during their tenure. We sure as hell can't rely on the powers that be to do the correct due diligence that any owner is fit and proper.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 11:27:07 »

The problem is when there is no other option what do you do....

So, give no fucks
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 11:33:10 »

Once bitten, twice shy.

Once bitten? I think by this point STFC have been bitten more times than Steve Irwin.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 11:33:46 »

Once bitten, twice shy.
If only we had been bitten just the once before!

We seem to attract wrong ‘uns like flies to shit.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 11:33:54 »

Believe it or not the club via the Trust is in a better position now
The option that the sale of the County Ground has given is at least given the supporters a say in the future
The future is the unknown part though
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 11:34:41 »

Seems that Axis has friends locally and those friends are wanting to  help take the club forward in the best way possible
I am aware of the background re  one  party involved trying to help and suggest their heritage is good. Real genuine type of person/ people.
Wealthy, possibly not enough. Honesty yes.
Suggest everyone needs to follow their gut feelings and strongly urge a time for change is now. LP surely your time is up
Good luck to all involved
COYMRs

Able to elaborate further on those other parties?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 11:35:49 »

The future is the unknown part though
That applies to everything and everybody.

You’d hope, though, that the law of averages means we’re due a decent owner.
Flashheart

« Reply #194 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 11:36:52 »

Oh, I agree entirely. But it seems Power got the benefit of the doubt to a large degree while Clem is treated with suspicion when he has nowhere near the historical shenanigans that Power had.

Giving somebody the benefit of the doubt does not mean not treating them with suspicion.

Power had umpteen (often unsupported) claims made against him on a regular basis throughout his tenure at the club, whereas a few people have merely pointed out that we should not be taking Clem (or anybody) at his word.

I've yet to see a single person claim that Clem IS going to rip the club off/put us into admin/take us into admin or any of the other accusations that were made toward Power. The two just don't compare. You seem to be confusing caution with outright accusations of wrongdoing.

« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 11:43:29 by Flashheart » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: