Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: #NoMoneyNoPower  (Read 39539 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 13:15:23 »

Whatever worries that people have would be the same when any prospective new owner turns up. I know it’s easy to take on board everything Clem says just because he’s not Power, but someone has to own the club and the reason anyone has for doing or so are exactly the same at almost every club.

Sometimes you just have to go with the flow.
Panda Paws

« Reply #136 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 13:17:14 »

Whatever worries that people have would be the same when any prospective new owner turns up. I know it’s easy to take on board everything Clem says just because he’s not Power, but someone has to own the club and the reason anyone has for doing or so are exactly the same at almost every club.

Sometimes you just have to go with the flow.

Absolutely, and it'd be naive to expect any club to run for a non-financial reason. There are just different ways to get that end game, and having an owner that doesn't need the club to fund his day-to-day living expenses would be grand.
Flashheart

« Reply #137 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 13:42:54 »

No
Just the opposite

He's banging your dad?
Flashheart

« Reply #138 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 13:48:35 »

With a big caveat that, of course, you may choose to not believe him, he is quoted as saying he wants to buy the club because he's a huge football fan, has fallen for the town and the fans and will make money out of it by running it well and flogging when it becomes bigger than something he can take forward, i.e. if we're in the Championship.

He does not need our club to support his lifestyle, his day-to-day earnings, his business operations etc. He has a very very successful business to do that for him already.

Too good to be true? I'll leave that for individuals to judge. A better alternative to the current regime? Yes.

I don't 'choose' to not believe him. It's not as though I ticked a box just to be contrary or something. 

That may well change further down the line as more evidence presents itself but, at this moment in time, I'm not just taking his word on it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #139 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 14:39:56 »

I don't 'choose' to not believe him. It's not as though I ticked a box just to be contrary or something. 

That may well change further down the line as more evidence presents itself but, at this moment in time, I'm not just taking his word on it.
Exactly my thoughts.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 14:49:29 »

Dear Santa,

Could I please have:
- An end to dodgy dealings at Swindon Town
- A set of owners who can take the club forward
- A playing budget used sensibly to finance a winning team
- A manager that knows how to build a team that can compete and within 2 years be candidates for promotion. If and when promoted, can the club be ready to invest further to make the team competitive in L1
- The foundations put in place to enable the club to grow and become successful
- A comms and engagement strategy that enables the club to thrive in the local community and keep old and new fans alike interested
- A pitch that is well kept, well drained and suitable for free flowing and attacking football.

If you could see your way to start delivering this asap I would be very grateful - I promise to be good in the mean time!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 14:59:22 »

And the sad fact in all of this, is that our opinions on whether he is the new messiah or a very naughty boy matter not a jot in relation to whether he can buy our club or not. We are "Power-less". But not in a good way.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 16:01:52 »

Bollocks to Clem.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 16:06:21 »

This is it, just about everything we know is what he has told us, much as with the suggestions that he does not need our club to support his lifestyle, his day-to-day earnings, his business operations etc. He has a very very successful business to do that for him already.

I hope and pray that he is as honourable and community focused as he says he is, and I fear he is the unwilling victims of who has preceded him (including way before Power) but until he a) puts his money where his mouth is and b) delivers upon his promises he will be viewed with a degree of scepticism, 100x's bitten and all that!

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 16:18:23 »

As I said before, these worries would be the same about any new owner. If we wait for some white knight to come along we won’t have a club at all.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 16:44:31 »

Quote from: The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey
As I said before, these worries would be the same about any new owner. If we wait for some white knight to come along we won’t have a club at all.

well quite.

Able have the same worries and a whole load of other ones

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 16:57:48 »

I found this rather strange mish mash of info regarding Clem’s businesses. Appears to be more widespread than I thought

‘Menu. Clem Morfuni explains, “Thailand has been set up for estimating, quantity surveying and drafting whilst the UK is a multi-disciplined business with mechanical, electri-cal and hydraulic services because that’s the way the UK market likes to do things. sector, the SIC for which is 96090. Mr Morfuni was interested in owning or part owning a football club and discussions began in 2017 between him and … The company's next accounts are due on 7 January 2022, and fall under the accounts category: No Accounts Filed. Their business is in the Other service activities n.e.c. CLEM GLOBAL LTD is an active private limited company, incorporated on 7 April 2020. Clemente Giovanni Bruno Morfuni currently holds the position of a Director (MANAGING DIRECTOR) in SWINTON REDS 20 LIMITED. The Axis Services Group is a group of companies operating throughout Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, the United Kingdom and the USA. A free inside look at Clem-Mar House hourly pay trends based on 1 hourly pay wages for [jobTitleCount] jobs at Clem-Mar House. MR CLEMENTE MORFUNI - ACTIVE - Director ID is 911457709 And address is 47-49 Charlotte House Charlotte Road, London, EC2A 3QT - A free Director Summary including all company appointments. SIMILIAR NAME other countries. Mr Morfuni first became involved in the Club in 2015, having been introduced to Mr Power, and the Axis Services Group became a shirt sponsor of the Club. Clem MORFUNI 109 Darvall Road, West Ryde, Nsw 2114, Australia. Clemente Giovanni Bruno MORFUNI: 19 Chadwick Street, Putney, Nsw, 2112 AUSTRALIA ... name address ; 1 : 76 (76%) TEIL NOMINEES (OCS) LIMITED: RPH Consulting, Level 7 Anzac House, 181 Willis Street, Wellington, 6011 NEW ZEALAND : 2 : 24 (24%) Clem MORFUNI: 19 Chadwick Street, Putney, Nsw, 2112 AUSTRALIA : Related Companies . 1. AXIS MEDICAL INC. AXIS PROTOTYPES INC. AXIS. List of companies where Clemente Giovanni Bruno Morfuni was involved. News Company restructure will not affect Swindon Town involvement, says Clem Morfuni. CLEM GLOBAL LTD has no previous names. By Advertiser Reporter ... according to liquidation papers lodged at Companies House. Free company director check. Swindon Town investor Clem Morfuni says decision to wind-up firm is part of normal restructure. Our Chiang Mai (Thai-land) office prices hydraulics, me-chanical and electrical with a long- Filter appointments Filter appointments Current appointments Total number of appointments 1 Date of birth February 1970. Hourly Pay posted anonymously by Clem-Mar House employees. House Bill 3160 would add insurance companies to the state's Unlawful Trade Practices Act, allowing Oregonians to sue companies for not paying claims promptly, denying coverage for … The nature of the business is Activities of other holding companies n.e.c.. The company's registered office is on High Street, Gillingham. He has been a Director (MANAGING DIRECTOR) of SWINTON REDS 20 LIMITED for 6 months. 6. Cookies on Companies House services. AXIS AS. ... Clemente Giovanni Bruno MORFUNI. AXIS PLUMBING (SMALLWORKS) PTY LTD. AXIS PLUMBING ACT PTY LTD. New Zealand Company Search. CLEM & CO LIMITED are a relatively new Private Limited Company which has been trading for 2 years. Their registered office is located in the area of MANCHESTER. Relegation beckons this season, one way or another, the accounts are late to Companies House, and the club is said to be on the brink of insolvency. The first company was founded in NSW by Clem Morfuni in 1994.’
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 17:13:32 »

With a big caveat that, of course, you may choose to not believe him, he is quoted as saying he wants to buy the club because he's a huge football fan, has fallen for the town and the fans and will make money out of it by running it well and flogging when it becomes bigger than something he can take forward, i.e. if we're in the Championship.

He does not need our club to support his lifestyle, his day-to-day earnings, his business operations etc. He has a very very successful business to do that for him already.

Too good to be true? I'll leave that for individuals to judge. A better alternative to the current regime? Yes.

Why don’t people believe there is more behind this than just Clem?
Equally as you point out we have to move on from this shit show of an owner who has been exposed, we are deep in the shit and if we don’t change we are finished.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 17:15:46 »

Clem doing a Q&A with Rich on Loathed Strangers, he's asking for (non court case related) questions on Twitter.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #149 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 17:20:54 »

Why don’t people believe there is more behind this than just Clem?
Equally as you point out we have to move on from this shit show of an owner who has been exposed, we are deep in the shit and if we don’t change we are finished.
I agree, its seems pretty obvious that Clem cannot fund this without extra backers.

He is wealthy but not significantly wealthy, not enough to fund a football club on his own I wouldn't think.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: