Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: #NoMoneyNoPower  (Read 39266 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 10:00:25 »

Seems a bit of a white wash that to be honest and still feel their close relationship with Clem doesn't exactly make them impartial. They've just brushed over the liquidation debts, were those creditors ever actually paid?  Did the Axis liquidation cause some of the others to liquidate?  Just because what they did was legal doesn't make it right and that's the whole issue we've got here, there's lots of stuff that can be done to a football club that is legal but it doesn't mean it will be right for the club and supporters.
Panda Paws

« Reply #166 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 10:08:51 »

Benham has reportedly invested £90m in Brentford - quite a helping hand. The guy at Plymouth has invested £6m according to the beeb. This reads similar to supposed investment over the last few years at STFC if memory serves correct. Yet the two clubs have very different future outlooks on the face of it adding weight to your point about a well run business

Quite - Brentford's initial investment was way beyond anything most clubs could expect. Plymouth is a really interesting case. The chairman there has said that the £3m he put in to cover losses during covid will be the last cash injection. His point of difference is his ability to run a business, not his bottomless pockets.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 10:13:53 »

Benham has reportedly invested £90m in Brentford - quite a helping hand. The guy at Plymouth has invested £6m according to the beeb. This reads similar to supposed investment over the last few years at STFC if memory serves correct. Yet the two clubs have very different future outlooks on the face of it adding weight to your point about a well run business

Thing is, Plymouth actually have assets and thus the potential to invest to obtain the mythical 24-7/365 income which all clubs need to offset the losses associated with running a football club, something STFC do not benefit from.

Quite - Brentford's initial investment was way beyond anything most clubs could expect.

As noted above they have also benefited enormously from the support of the Council in planning matters.
Flashheart

« Reply #168 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 10:15:09 »

Aye, Brentford's not a good example.

I don't know what they're doing now, but when they were lower down they were losing vast sums a year. Something like 10m+ losses every season. They may well be breaking even now that they're higher up and stable, but they definitely had a rather hefty leg-up.

That's not to say it can't be done on a more modest budget, but Brentford aren't the best example.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 10:17:49 »

Seems a bit of a white wash that to be honest and still feel their close relationship with Clem doesn't exactly make them impartial. They've just brushed over the liquidation debts, were those creditors ever actually paid?  Did the Axis liquidation cause some of the others to liquidate?  Just because what they did was legal doesn't make it right and that's the whole issue we've got here, there's lots of stuff that can be done to a football club that is legal but it doesn't mean it will be right for the club and supporters.

It is a difficult one - there are definitely a few oddities around Clem, but if it's him or Able (or Power) then there are much bigger concerns about the others, no?

If we had the chance to design our ideal owner they probably don't look like Clem, but in a straight comparison of the interested parties then it seems pretty cut and dried.
Flashheart

« Reply #170 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 10:26:05 »

It's no contest.

If I had to choose between the current options, then Clem wins by a country mile. I'll be happy if it does all end up going in his favour considering the alternatives.

But that doesn't mean to say Clem should not be held to account also. There are question marks over him (whereas there's fuck-off great exclamation marks in red, underlined, bolded, and italicised over the others)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 10:32:53 »

To be fair to Clem (and I am still a bit cynical) but he seems willing to engage with the supporters so it seems the importance of the fans is not lost on him. Either that or he is simply trying to win us over to help us push through a sale to him, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

I hope, if he takes over, he sticks to his word about the transparency and the Trust do hold him to account.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #172 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 10:33:02 »

It's no contest.

If I had to choose between the current options, then Clem wins by a country mile. I'll be happy if it does all end up going in his favour considering the alternatives.

But that doesn't mean to say Clem should not be held to account also. There are question marks over him (whereas there's fuck-off great exclamation marks in red, underlined, bolded, and italicised over the others)
100% this.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 10:33:45 »

There were huge question marks about Power before he took control. The number of previous bankrupt businesses he’d been involved with - CRE8 screwed over a number of other football clubs, there was a hotel in Peterborough I think that got the full Power treatment, then his association with Cambridge Utd and Rushden & Diamonds. A huge number of red flags that were poo-poohed by quite a few on here, probably because he wasn’t Jed and his cronies.

Clem appears to be almost Mother Theresa like compared to him.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 10:37:55 »

did anyone listen to the Trust update yesterday on YouTube?

interesting links around powers preferred administrator when he tried to get the injunction lifted in a previous hearing

Paul Appleton did the Bolton admin.
He appointed Keith Cousins to run the football side re: contracts, etc.

Keith Cousins was a director of Rushden with Power. And also a director at CRE8..

Now I know Power claims he doesn't want the club in admin, but even so.

16:39

Flashheart

« Reply #175 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 10:38:04 »

A huge number of red flags that were poo-poohed by quite a few on here,

I don't remember that happening.

By 'poo-poohed', do you mean people pointing out that it's not enough to know for sure that he's a bad guy?

« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 10:40:46 by Flashheart » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #176 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 10:42:43 »

A huge number of red flags that were poo-poohed by quite a few on here, probably because he wasn’t Jed and his cronies.
Not really poo pooed as such just several gave Power the benefit of the doubt to start with that a leopard may well have changed his spots, he didn't though suffice to say.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #177 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 10:45:30 »

did anyone listen to the Trust update yesterday on YouTube?

interesting links around powers preferred administrator when he tried to get the injunction lifted in a previous hearing

Paul Appleton did the Bolton admin.
He appointed Keith Cousins to run the football side re: contracts, etc.

Keith Cousins was a director of Rushden with Power. And also a director at CRE8..

Now I know Power claims he doesn't want the club in admin, but even so.

16:39

He'd have a contingency plan in place in case it did end up as going in to admin - which is clearly a possibility even if it's not the intention.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 10:55:47 »

No legal expert in the slightest, but wonder if the Admin route is preference because Power knows most of the funding came from Standing et Al, so admin would deprive Standing of his share of debt repayment should Standing be successful in September. Especially if Power isn't confident of winning.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 11:07:59 »

If he’s not confident of winning he might as well sell up to Clem. The judges seem pretty insistent that admin will not happen with 1 firm bid on the table and 1 mythical one. Hopefully, he’ll be forced to sell before Admin is even a possibility.

Why are administrators not independently appointed?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: