Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: #NoMoneyNoPower  (Read 39280 times)
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 19:47:19 »

If only we had a functional local press to ask these sort of questions

Guess the problem is that people have stopped buying local newspapers so the capacity to run a sports desk that we used to have has presumably all but disappeared. Different times and all that.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 20:00:29 »

This is a difficult one for the Trust.
There seem to be only 3 options
1 Admin
2 sell to Able
3 sell to Axis

1 should be avoided if we can
2 Able - do they exist? Or are they a way for Power to extract as much cash as he can?
3 Axis - clearly the best of the available options, but for me there is a concern about moving from one problem to another, based on knowing only that Clem isn’t Power. We do need more information.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #107 on: Sunday, May 23, 2021, 08:05:22 »

One thing I haven't seen (or have missed) is how Axis intend to  get a return on their investment.  Is it through interest on loan repayments, stadium purchase and development or something else?
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Sunday, May 23, 2021, 09:08:40 »

This is a difficult one for the Trust.
There seem to be only 3 options
1 Admin
2 sell to Able
3 sell to Axis

1 should be avoided if we can
2 Able - do they exist? Or are they a way for Power to extract as much cash as he can?
3 Axis - clearly the best of the available options, but for me there is a concern about moving from one problem to another, based on knowing only that Clem isn’t Power. We do need more information.

To be fair to Clem/Axis he has been very public and vocal with his plans. Obviously he can’t talk about the court saga until it’s over but compared to Power who avoids the media at all costs I think he is a godsend. I’m more concerned about Able. Not a single word from them. Zero engagement with the fans. If they do exist they are hardly going about it the right way.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 07:33:58 »

I notice the accounts are due one week from today. Reckon they’ll get filed?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 08:23:18 »

I notice the accounts are due one week from today. Reckon they’ll get filed?
yes, with the scrutiny the club will be under soon it's stupid not to.

reckon they'll show anything meaningful? no
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 10:46:30 »

One thing I haven't seen (or have missed) is how Axis intend to  get a return on their investment.  Is it through interest on loan repayments, stadium purchase and development or something else?

There are 2 ways I can think of for him to see a return

He intends to use axis to develop the stadium (which they will be paid for)  and use it as a showcase to enter them into a new market. 

The same way other owners do - get promoted and sell on.

Of course there are benevolent owners and that is the vast majority in the lower leagues.   No idea if Clem is in that category but we can only dream.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 10:54:36 »

Out of interest.  Why do you think Axis Plumbing build stadiums
Flashheart

« Reply #113 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 10:56:32 »

He intends to use axis to develop the stadium (which they will be paid for)  and use it as a showcase to enter them into a new market. 

This is what I reckon as well.

He's denied it but, to be frank, I don't believe him. And I'm not fussed about that as long as the club's best interests are served.
Flashheart

« Reply #114 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 11:02:53 »

Out of interest.  Why do you think Axis Plumbing build stadiums

Axis doesn't build stadiums - which is largely the point for me.

He has a lot of experience being involved with stadium builds, but not in actually building them himself. For a relatively small investment in a club that's in dire need of a new stadium, he gets to choose himself as the contractor. He builds the stadium and gets a shiny new stadium build on his portfolio; helping him win other contracts further down the line. He'd also get the stadium built without the mark-ups a contractor would usually take, there'd probably be some tax jiggery-pokery he could take advantage of, and he'd be the owner of a football club that has its own stadium.

That much is fine by me as he'd be incentivized to do a good job.
« Last Edit: Monday, May 24, 2021, 11:05:55 by Flashheart » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #115 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 11:09:16 »

I think it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to realise that Clem is into property development/building and the only way he can make any money is if the club(and the fans) eventually own the stadium and then he has the rights to develop/appoint developers when this eventually happens and makes some return on the initial purchase of the club.

I do not for one minute think Clem would be interested in owning a club that already has these facilities such as Shitty/Reading etc...

At the end of the day he is a business man and will want some return on his investment in the short to medium term timescale or he will be lumbered with a run down under performing football club with no assets, much like Power is now and Wael at Rovers.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 11:14:28 »

I don't think it's a bad thing at all.  We desperately need an upgraded stadium and if we get that and as fans own 50%, then that's a good outcome.  Providing of course it's done at market rate.

It's about timing and we might just be a good fit for each other.
Panda Paws

« Reply #117 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 11:22:40 »

Morfuni has already stated that he's not in it for the stadium build. If as and when the ground gets redeveloped it will go through an RFP and procurement process which, like everything else, will be minuted, open and transparent in line with the commitments he has made via the Trust.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #118 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 11:34:29 »

Morfuni has already stated that he's not in it for the stadium build. If as and when the ground gets redeveloped it will go through an RFP and procurement process which, like everything else, will be minuted, open and transparent in line with the commitments he has made via the Trust.
I am FULLY aware of what Clem Morfuni has said to the Trust, I personally don't believe him fully though and will wait to see what happens in the future.

Do I trust Clem to take us forward in preference to Power? yes.

Do I think Clem is being 100% truthful with the Trust? no.

Do I trust Clem 100% that he has the best interests of the club at heart? not 100%.

Do I think Clem wants to make money from the club? yes.

Do I trust Clem when he says he is fully funding the bid on his own? no.

He may have said these things to the Trust (which I know he has) I guess its my inner Reg to be sceptical about anyone who wants to buy a lower league football club who is not a lifelong fan of the club they are buying.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 11:37:06 »

He's denied it but, to be frank, I don't believe him. .
I refer Panda to Flash's previous comment, he doesn't believe it Smiley
------
I don't know if he's up front 100% honest about it or not. nobody can..

I also don't know what Ables game is. Either Power by proxy, or redevelopment too is my guess
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: