Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: #NoMoneyNoPower  (Read 39283 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 08:21:18 »

I've just completed the questionnaire sent out by the Trust. I understand their #NoMoneyNoPower stance, but I do feel they've jumped on the Morfuni bandwagon !

I particularly have a problem with their second question - I am a current season ticket holder, and I do want Power to leave the club asap, BUT I don't necessarily want to say I'd only back Morfuni - I feel there may be other prospective owners so there should have been another option on the question.

I fully support the Trust's #NoMoneyNoPower stance, but I don't agree with their obsession and unwavering support for Morfuni, without exploring all other options. There may be other interested and more suitable investors out there - why don't the Trust shout 'club for sale' and raise the profile to attract extra attention from would-be investors ?

We have run out of time and no other interested parties.
Notwithstanding the club is going through ownership challenges that would put any future owners off.
This needs sorting or we are dead. Unfortunately it’s as black and white as that.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 09:44:15 »

RE: Clem's engagement. I think that's overplayed mightily and he could do much more (and I believe he will) but hasn't needed to due to Able's complete silence.

Ultimately, McCrory and co shook peoples hands in the Legends and BEST Holdings were in the crowd with their ties on. Slightly different cases perhaps but visibility doesn't always equate to good intentions or success.

Everybody wants Power gone and Morfuni is, in my opinion, currently the preferred option by some stretch but there are a few inconvenient truths out there which are being ignored/not addressed/not asked.

The Trust are doing what needs to be done and it's good to see but it doesn't make it wrong to ask questions and, in my opinion, there are some fans who are beginning to feel that they are being alienated, dismissed 'thick'/not 'getting it' or pro-Power for not drinking the Morfuni CoolAid (yet) and I'm sympathetic to that because we've had boardroom issues for the majority of my 30+ active years of following Swindon.

This shit is scary and we are united as a fanbase... just not fully on the action element just yet.

Roll on when this is all over.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 09:51:31 »

All I want is an owner who demonstrates a duty of care towards the club. If he/she/they make bad decisions, fair enough, we all do that. But to set out to drain the maximum possible, whatever the consequences, can eat shit and die.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #93 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 10:06:57 »

Everybody wants Power gone and Morfuni is, in my opinion, currently the preferred option by some stretch but there are a few inconvenient truths out there which are being ignored/not addressed/not asked.

The Trust are doing what needs to be done and it's good to see but it doesn't make it wrong to ask questions and, in my opinion, there are some fans who are beginning to feel that they are being alienated, dismissed 'thick'/not 'getting it' or pro-Power for not drinking the Morfuni CoolAid (yet) and I'm sympathetic to that because we've had boardroom issues for the majority of my 30+ active years of following Swindon.

This shit is scary and we are united as a fanbase... just not fully on the action element just yet.
Myself and Batch and also Ollie were speaking about this exact thing only a week or so ago, Clem is easily the best current option but some questions need to be asked even about this bid and aren't.

I am pro Clem but there are several important questions that need to be addressed before we can look at this as being totally positive yet. That doesn't mean it isn't but there are always some doubts.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 10:13:49 »

I think someone on the OSC chat said it for me

This might be out of the frying pan into the frying pan. But unless we get our the first one we'll never know.

I do feel Trust survey was somewhat weighted in terms of impartiality. I also think Able aren't a viable option unless they break cover and talk
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 10:23:23 »

I also think Able aren't a viable option unless they break cover and talk

LP was even given the opportunity in court to give a positive case as to why Able were his preferred bidder and he didn't do that, he just said that it was because he didn't like Clem.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #96 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 10:27:28 »

LP was even given the opportunity in court to give a positive case as to why Able were his preferred bidder and he didn't do that, he just said that it was because he didn't like Clem.

LP said they were his preferred bidder because the value of their bid was in excess of Axis bid because they encompassed more debts than the Axis bid.

Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 10:45:18 »

Trying to remember what has been said in the past by the Trust and not trawling through all the messages, does Axis (i.e. Clem) have any other people lined up as actual directors or is it a one man operation with non-voting directors brought on board? Iirc the Trust intimated that they also have interested parties in the background and if so would they be part of the setup?

Possibly not relevant questions at the current time but just me thinking thoughts.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #98 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 10:59:23 »

Trying to remember what has been said in the past by the Trust and not trawling through all the messages, does Axis (i.e. Clem) have any other people lined up as actual directors or is it a one man operation with non-voting directors brought on board? Iirc the Trust intimated that they also have interested parties in the background and if so would they be part of the setup?

Possibly not relevant questions at the current time but just me thinking thoughts.
Not at all, this is a very relevant line of questioning, and one of which needs to be answered.

AFAIK it has been suggested that Clem/Axis is a lone partner in this takeover bid but it has not been confirmed.

Flashheart

« Reply #99 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 11:17:49 »

If only we had a functional local press to ask these sort of questions
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 12:46:44 »

Well in all fairness they can ask the questions to Power or anyone else for that matter, wether they get a reply electronically or in person verbally is another matter.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 13:30:09 »

If they push the questions too hard they get banned

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 13:48:41 »

Power seems to have been intent on running the club into the ground.

Trust seem worried, as are all of the fans.

Axis/Clem is a developer. We don't understand what his motives are. But he seems to want to put money into the club.

We don't seem to have any other options. I'm worried we will fold before the new season begins.

Thank God the stadium hasn't been sold.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Flashheart

« Reply #103 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 13:50:08 »

I meant they could ask Morfuni, because that's who the discussion was about. I'm well aware Power won't say anything.

Have the adver done anything other than repeat what they've been asked to? You can be sure that Morshead would be producing content even if we had nothing from Morfuni or anybody else. It's not as though there's nothing going on.

It's not necessarily the journos' fault as I get the impression they're underpaid and overworked, but it does seem that the bare minimum of effort is being made.
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 14:04:14 by Flashheart » Logged
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 14:47:40 »

It’s a tough one for me as I’ve previously expressed on here that my match-day experience is more important to me than ownership issues.

However, as a Trust member and season ticket holder, I’ve decided to trust the Trust leadership at the present time.

The current regime is failing and the only viable alternative seemingly on offer appears to be one that could arrest the rot. As far as I know, Axis could be a wolf in sheep’s clothing but unless a better alternative comes to the fore soon, I’m willing to support the Trust’s position (and respect any Town fan who decides to hand over cash to the club while Power continues to be in charge).
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: