Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wigan v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 20949 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 11:40:04 »

Can someone who's watching tell me whether it's a back three or two and who is in it? I'm doing something marginally less dull than watching the game, but quite close.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 11:40:44 »

Wigan are far more confident than we are, noticably so.

Yeah but tbf this game is deader than a durex with multiple perforations  Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 11:43:41 »

Can someone who's watching tell me whether it's a back three or two and who is in it? I'm doing something marginally less dull than watching the game, but quite close.
I’m watching and I have no clue. There is little semblance of any defensive organisation. Lots of half arsed ambling around and booting the ball to nobody in particular. Thank fuck the majority of these rancid turds will be gone soon.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 11:44:11 »

I cannot understand how basic footballing ability is totally missing so many times. Just being able to pass, tackle, and generally compete for the ball seems to be an anathema to this team.  

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #64 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 11:44:18 »

Back 4 of Hunt Grounds Broadbent and Thompson, Grant sat in front of a 4.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 11:45:24 »

Looks like a two with Grant sitting in front of them, playing as badly as he did there earlier in the season.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman

« Reply #66 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 11:47:08 »

Well that went about as expected.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 11:47:10 »

Back 4 of Hunt Grounds Broadbent and Thompson, Grant sat in front of a 4.

Thanks PV. That makes them the 28th and final (hopefully) addition to my incredibly-dull-but-I've-done-it-now Sporcle quiz...

https://www.sporcle.com/games/nemostfc/swindon-town-defences-202021

Can you name all 28 unique central defensive pairs/trios Town have used this season? Just as boring as watching the game but £10 cheaper!

(If anyone is doing it, it should accept the answers in any order, shout if you have issues. Format is Calderwood & Taylor or Thompson & Turnbull & Stephens)
Crackity Jones

« Reply #68 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 11:50:11 »

I’m watching and I have no clue. There is little semblance of any defensive organisation. Lots of half arsed ambling around and booting the ball to nobody in particular. Thank fuck the majority of these rancid turds will be gone soon.
Rancid turds is a good description- its a shame we still have 6? of the fuckers contracted for next season.
Cheltred

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 11:52:59 »

Sky probably wanted it that way
Sky are showing Pompey v Accrington live and I guess all games have to k.o. at the same time
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 11:56:02 »

I doubt if there will be many interested, but the game can be watched for free via this stream....:

https://media1.club/media1/wigan.php?streamerName=All-Sports-HD&origin=reddt1.soccerstreams.net
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 11:59:25 »

Will check that out later possibly Nemo. Good work.

Oh well, the rain has cleared for a quite glorious and warm afternoon. Not wasting it in what has been a very soggy May so far. Good for the flora and fauna though and soon we will notice the benefits of all that rain. Should do a fair chunk of our lands good for some of the Summer and hopefully L-L can grow some beautiful big red peppers bursting with ideas that could even whet his blue tinged appetite.

A wet Spring usually points to not a scorching Summer but an elongated warm one. We'll be BBQing into the October eves, all with a renewed sense of freedom and possible normality.

See you all in early August for more feather ruffling shenanigans. Some of you hate me, some of you tolerate me, some of you love me but don't yet know it. Some of you will always think I'm an insufferable cunt but I actually love all of it in this small corner of the ethereal world. Don't argue with each other too much, hug your loved ones, remember Reg fondly and always remember to leave your morals at the TEF doorstep.

For now though, there's hay to be made.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 12:00:23 »

I doubt if there will be many interested, but the game can be watched for free via this stream....:

https://media1.club/media1/wigan.php?streamerName=All-Sports-HD&origin=reddt1.soccerstreams.net

nice one,

flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 12:06:16 »

Although it's about an hour behind on the radio so will probably just stick with that
Peter Venkman

« Reply #74 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 12:07:46 »

If Lang had his shooting boots on we would have been 4-0 down already.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: