Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 35171 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Monday, April 26, 2021, 10:04:09 »

This got me thinking actually, apart from Mullin and Knoyle (although with hindsight choosing to move to Cambridge has ultimately been the right choice but at the time it did seem unusual to see him actually make that move when he was offered a deal at STFC) you have to wonder how much the internal ownership had on the decisions that players who had had possibly the best season of their careers decided not to go on the next stage in League one and ultimately ended up the league below. (again will probably all end up playing league 1 next season)

Without knowing what is happening behind the scenes, the Isgrove and Woolery situation seemed a no brainer, continue the good work in league 1 with an upwardly mobile team. Probably nonsense but you do wonder if the players did have concerns at the club hence why they weren't grabbing the new contract with both hands.
Think it's more likely they just weren't offered as much as they wanted. Not sure how much players really know about or are that interested in what's going on behind the scenes (apart from when they don't get paid etc obviously). Clearly they know more than we do, but all the shit in the court cases etc?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Monday, April 26, 2021, 10:09:07 »

Think it's more likely they just weren't offered as much as they wanted. Not sure how much players really know about or are that interested in what's going on behind the scenes (apart from when they don't get paid etc obviously). Clearly they know more than we do, but all the shit in the court cases etc?

Absolutely it almost certainly came to the £££ but I did wonder, as you say, how much players are aware of what is going on behind the scenes. My thinking would be more as a steer from the players agent for example who possibly are aware of what is going on behind the scenes at clubs, as surely they need to know this information so their players can make the best decision for their careers. Would they know about the Michael Standing situation for instance? I'm probably just babbling nonsense but did get the grey matter thinking.

I mean, he didn't come out and say it himself but the end of Wellens was probably exacerbated by the goings on behind the scenes. (well aware Covid didn't help either)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Monday, April 26, 2021, 10:50:53 »

Yeah they might not know the exact ins and outs but you're right they'll probably still have an idea that all isn't rosy.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Monday, April 26, 2021, 10:57:59 »

When all this Power/Standing/Barry shenanigans started off just after Power took over, just how did they all think it was going to end? Standing reckons - probably correctly - that his oodles of cash bought him 50% of Power’s share. But as an agent he knew it could never be divulged or formally admitted. He must have known that somewhere down the line Power would want out and all these skeletons would come a tumbling out.

Part of me thinks he deserves to lose whatever cash he put in because he’s just plain fucking stupid.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Monday, April 26, 2021, 11:00:12 »

Anyone know what type of businesses Power has made his millions in as he's obviously been successful in quite a short time after retiring as a player

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Monday, April 26, 2021, 11:18:32 »

There’s millions to be made just by being a fat cunt. Who’d a thought it.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Monday, April 26, 2021, 11:23:29 »

If only it was that easy!

So, give no fucks
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Monday, April 26, 2021, 11:25:51 »

When all this Power/Standing/Barry shenanigans started off just after Power took over, just how did they all think it was going to end? Standing reckons - probably correctly - that his oodles of cash bought him 50% of Power’s share. But as an agent he knew it could never be divulged or formally admitted. He must have known that somewhere down the line Power would want out and all these skeletons would come a tumbling out.

Part of me thinks he deserves to lose whatever cash he put in because he’s just plain fucking stupid.

Not necessarily, as noted previously with 50% Power 50% Standing (albeit basically 100% Power due to the trust or lack of trust agreement) assuming that Power could keep the plates spinning and sell the club for more than they had put in to them at least everyone was a winner, looking even more rosy when you consider the overall training ground uplift in value along with the potential for a 50% share of the ground and proceeds from that.

The one thing I have never really got, all I can assume that a hole appeared in the books, is why Power decided to get Morfuni involved in 2018 as that was only ever going to confuse things and bring a party not close to the Standing/Power 'deal' into consideration, someone who would possibly want to know what was going on, I can only assume that Power thought he would not ask too many questions.

So its all going reasonably well, we are top of the league and a possible way out emerging via either Able or an other especially if its a Lg 1 club to be flogged (whilst the fuss with Standing obviously started in late 2019, as long as there was an out perhaps he kept quiet). Then COVID strikes and the shit hits the fan, revenues vanish and whilst we get promoted its to a very unknown new world. Then that pesky Australian starts asking you to honour your deals, whilst Standing realises he has been rather mislead and suddenly the plates stop spinning and things start to emerge into the public domain.

Considering our very obvious 'can't be arsed' approach to much of the season (if we were a race horse I would imagine that Jockey and trainer would have been invited into the Stewards Room to discuss the non-triers rule) I still wonder where the final windfall is coming from?
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Monday, April 26, 2021, 11:56:50 »

Hasn't he already got a decent wedge from the housing, stables and training ground soon to be more housing I suspect. He's had Clem and standing paying for the running of the club. He's a fucking genius. Now for an exit strategy, able. He doesn't give a shit what they do with the club. He walks away with another wedge.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: