Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 35150 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 16:51:50 »

but can he decide which buyer
Apparently he can, but only if the relevant parties cannot come to some sort of agreement
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #361 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 16:52:32 »

As it will be for most of us- not renewing my ST after 30 seasons unless the ownership changes

Won't be renewing my season ticket or going at home next year until Power has gone.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 16:54:15 »

Same here and if there aren't no crowds at the start of nex season I won't be forking out for ifollow either

So, give no fucks
Flashheart

« Reply #363 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 16:55:07 »

Lolz.

I was tempted to go digging myself.
Flashheart

« Reply #364 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 16:58:27 »

but can he decide which buyer

I don't see how the court can tell somebody who to sell their business to.

But.

I can see how the court can refuse to lift the injunction if he intends to sell to able. Which itself might effectively force Power to accept the Axis offer.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #365 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 17:06:19 »

Lolz.

I was tempted to go digging myself.

Cheesy
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 17:09:37 »

But.

I can see how the court can refuse to lift the injunction if he intends to sell to able. Which itself might effectively force Power to accept the Axis offer.
At last! Someone who gets it. This is exactly the situation.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 18:17:15 »

Lolz.

I was tempted to go dogging myself.

FIFY
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Monday, April 26, 2021, 06:37:33 »

But.

Yes he can - in O'Neill vs Phelps the judge ordered the sale of shares from one shareholder to another creating the concept of unfair prejudice.

It essentially stops one shareholder shafting another.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Monday, April 26, 2021, 07:52:53 »

I rest my case, M’lud!
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Monday, April 26, 2021, 07:56:58 »

Has anyone seen what I will loosely describe as 'the court papers'?  They will set out what the parties are asking the court to do.  Fan group summaries are great but the source material is much better.

Nothing to see here
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Monday, April 26, 2021, 08:19:33 »

Yes he can - in O'Neill vs Phelps the judge ordered the sale of shares from one shareholder to another creating the concept of unfair prejudice.

It essentially stops one shareholder shafting another.
It's how the Oystons were eventually forced out of Blackpool IIRC
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Monday, April 26, 2021, 09:12:46 »

It's how the Oystons were eventually forced out of Blackpool IIRC

Sort of,

Court put them into receivership meaning that Oyston had to pay the Latvian bloke what he was owed https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47229992

Which in turn led the Receiver to remove the Oystons from the board and appoint others (including fans rep) https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47360416

And finally the league did not impose a penalty https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47899636

I hope that the Trust and others are talking to those involved at Blackpool as it seems potentially a very similar situation.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Monday, April 26, 2021, 09:47:45 »

Sort of,

Court put them into receivership meaning that Oyston had to pay the Latvian bloke what he was owed https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47229992

Which in turn led the Receiver to remove the Oystons from the board and appoint others (including fans rep) https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47360416

And finally the league did not impose a penalty https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47899636

I hope that the Trust and others are talking to those involved at Blackpool as it seems potentially a very similar situation.

Ah thanks, I'd not remembered it was quite so convoluted. Let's hope we don't have to go down that route
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Monday, April 26, 2021, 09:52:55 »

We could see Doyle, Isgrove, Woolery, Mullin and Knoyle passing us in the other direction soon.
Not to mention the Cheltenham contingent as well.

This got me thinking actually, apart from Mullin and Knoyle (although with hindsight choosing to move to Cambridge has ultimately been the right choice but at the time it did seem unusual to see him actually make that move when he was offered a deal at STFC) you have to wonder how much the internal ownership had on the decisions that players who had had possibly the best season of their careers decided not to go on the next stage in League one and ultimately ended up the league below. (again will probably all end up playing league 1 next season)

Without knowing what is happening behind the scenes, the Isgrove and Woolery situation seemed a no brainer, continue the good work in league 1 with an upwardly mobile team. Probably nonsense but you do wonder if the players did have concerns at the club hence why they weren't grabbing the new contract with both hands.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: