Pitman - 0 (0%)
J Grant - 0 (0%)
Broadbent - 0 (0%)
Thompson - 0 (0%)
Garrick - 1 (2.1%)
Total Voters: 45

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rochdale vs STFC MoM  (Read 2577 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 20:12:26 »

What do you say?  Defence always a man down having to mark our own apprentice before worrying about the oppo. Strikers left on the bench while a centre half replaces our top scorer. Players thrown on out of position with no discernible shape or plan. A goalkeeper asked to launch most of our attacks because we don't trust anyone to cross a ball, and daren't throw big men into the box because we need them back to cover our fragile defence.

With tonight's "game-plan", I'd wager Ken Beamish's historically lowest-placing STFC squad would have beaten Sheridan and Wright's. Their total incompetence has gutted this club.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 20:13:23 »

Camp by a country mile. A Grant tried hard as did Payne.

Camp 8
-   Couldn’t do anything for either of the goal. Did his best to keep us in the game with several very good saves. Please come back next year Mr Camp

Grounds 5
-   Poor. Just not good enough. You would expect better of an experienced defender

Grant 7
-   Tried to play CB and CM. Left holes at the back because he tried to break up play (poss because he didn’t trust Curran) and Curran didn’t always cover.

Curran 3
-   Very poor. No need to say more

Caddis 5
-   Poor tonight. Ran around, but crossing was poor. Not the player he once was

Missilou 4
-   So slow with the ball. Plays too deep all the time.

Palmer 5
-   I realised who Palmer reminds me of: Anton Rogers. Couldn’t dominate a poor midfield. Poor delivery. One shot in the game which he blazed over

Payne 7
-   Ran around like a looney. Two chances in the first half including a 1 on 1 with the keeper. Two shots in the second. Tried hard, but lost discipline and was all over the shop in the end. At least he tried until the end

Hope 2
-   Did he do anything?

Twine 4
-   Didn’t get into the game. Took a couple of shots and a free kick. Disappointing

Pitman 6
-   He was causing trouble and started to get some service. Then we took him off! After that there was no control up top, no flick ons, no winning the ball! Everyone moans about his lack of movement, but you could see once he was off that we were worse for it!

Subs:
Broadbent 4
-   He’s not a striker. He didn’t do much other than foul

J Grant 4
-   Didn’t influence the game. Contributed as much as Missilou but in a different position!

Thompson 4
-   Not on long enough to influence anything. Should get bonus marks for replacing Curran

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 20:13:52 »

Didn't watch so can't express an informed view

Nothing to see here
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 20:22:05 »

Easily Curran today

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 20:26:05 »

Easily Curran today

You, or someone, keeps making this joke, but I don't get it. What's the point you're trying to make?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 20:39:49 »

You, or someone, keeps making this joke, but I don't get it. What's the point you're trying to make?

I'm not sure it's a joke, with the votes at least. More a case of spoiling your ballot because you're so disgusted at the options you've been given.

Camp for me, because amazingly it could have been worse.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 21:20:23 »

Andrew Hawes. Should be on the list as standard.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 09:30:41 »

This.

Camp easily the best player again.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Panda Paws

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 09:49:01 »

This.

Camp easily the best player again.

Easy to make a few straightforward saves and look good in this team. Did he do anything you wouldn't expect a keeper to do?

Perhaps we've forgot what an average keeper looks like this year.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 10:05:09 »

Easy to make a few straightforward saves and look good in this team. Did he do anything you wouldn't expect a keeper to do?

Perhaps we've forgot what an average keeper looks like this year.
He's a decent keeper, the fact this is the lowest level he has ever played at shows that and contrary to what some said when he joined he can get down to low shots.
Panda Paws

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 10:06:25 »

He's a decent keeper, the fact this is the lowest level he has ever played at shows that and contrary to what some said when he joined he can get down to low shots.

Not disputing that. Just don't think he did anything more than make a few saves he should have made anyway last night.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 10:09:05 »

Indeed, Camp did pretty much what is expected of him, but after a succession of poor goalkeepers in Kovar, Fryer and Trueman its refreshing to have a goalkeeper who is vocal, mostly commands his area and stops shot, all 3 of those keepers never did that.

But then again A Grant has had a few MotM literally because he was the only one actually doing his job and defending even though he is not a natural defender he is showing up far more seasoned defenders in his attitude and defensive ability.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 10:11:51 »

Not disputing that. Just don't think he did anything more than make a few saves he should have made anyway last night.
But making saves look saves 'he should make' is subjective, a lot of that will be down to his positioning and reading of the game, it's not just about the actual save.  Often keepers make what look like spectacular and 'great saves' because they were in the wrong position in the first place, the best keepers make things look easy.
Flashheart

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 10:14:21 »

A goalie making saves he should save is a vast improvement on a goalie NOT making saves he should save.

From what I've seen, Camp would make a more than able L2 goalie.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 10:16:26 »

The thread is about man of the match. They were that shit he could have just had to take a goal kick and he was in contention
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: