Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Club Charged By The FA  (Read 84182 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #840 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 12:39:05 »

Doesn’t Power have to respond to the FA charges this week?

Thursday (22nd) OTTOMH
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #841 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 12:45:38 »

Doesn’t Power have to respond to the FA charges this week?

It will just be:

‘Werent me guv’
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #842 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 13:07:46 »

Thanks for the distinction.

The charges may not become "lost in the mists" but there would be considerably more (presumably unhelpful) evidence available to the F.A. if there were ever an open Court hearing between Standing and Power.  THis would be in neither of their interests.  This, along with the apparent cashflow crisis at STFC, point to a settlement.
Not sure any extra evidence is going to make much difference tbh. They both look fucked. But I suspect you're right about a settlement

The key point of my post, perhaps obvious anyway, was that the sale of the club is of no concern of the Court.  It is within the "gift" of the owner(s). However, whilst Power retains sole control but club ownership is credibly contested by Standing, the Court is concerned to protect Standing against potential losses to the asset he potentially (part) owns.
Indeed and the court will also want to keep the business going if at all possible.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #843 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 13:08:16 »

It will just be:

‘Werent me guv’
It will be...... well Shaaaawn I di tunt do naffink mate, don't pull that sheeet you caaaant orrr I wheel have yer kneecapped.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #844 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 13:12:26 »

What if Power/Able bid is nothing to do with football. Close down a failed club, get their hands on the CG and redevelop as required. SBC has a big part to play in this. Sell to the Trust now for their £1m with the proviso that the other half will be forthcoming when all this is finalised.

Take the carrot away from Able and see if they’re still interested then.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #845 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 13:13:52 »

What if Power/Able bid is nothing to do with football. Close down a failed club, get their hands on the CG and redevelop as required.
There's a massive hole in that. How do they "get their hands on the CG" after folding the club? Would be political suicide for the council to sell to the people who'd just destroyed the club, not to mention legally extremely complex, at best.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #846 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 13:16:55 »

Maybe not in that order. There’s got to be something in it for them - or anybody else for that matter.

An individual shyster like Power has made money skimming here, pocketing there, investing not a bean, but how would an ‘organisation’ make money?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #847 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 13:20:35 »

What if Power/Able bid is nothing to do with football. Close down a failed club, get their hands on the CG and redevelop as required. SBC has a big part to play in this. Sell to the Trust now for their £1m with the proviso that the other half will be forthcoming when all this is finalised.

Take the carrot away from Able and see if they’re still interested then.

I suspect its little to do with football, that's why in my eyes it really doesn't add up. As noted above the best they can hope for in terms of real estate is 50% of the ground with the other v50% in fan ownership, add to that as it stands there is also the covenant which whilst it can be overturned will take a fair wedge of folding stuff to do so, likewise with the ACV issue.

So in theory they are spending c.£7.5m (I know there is all this £1 bollocks, but Power will be getting his pound of flesh somewhere) for 50% of a pretty blighted development site, you could buy a lot of real estate in Swindon for that sort of cash, with considerably less baggage.

My only theory remains some sort of pre-package for Power TBH.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 13:23:13 by horlock07 » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #848 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 13:25:33 »

Maybe not in that order. There’s got to be something in it for them - or anybody else for that matter.

An individual shyster like Power has made money skimming here, pocketing there, investing not a bean, but how would an ‘organisation’ make money?
Maybe by acting as a flag of convenience for Power to shed himself of some unwelcome debt and unwanted investors. And to enable him to stay in the background once he's banned by the FA. So they sit up top as frontmen but don't actually have to do much in return for a split of whatever Power makes out of flogging players/the club/the training ground etc

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #849 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 13:33:55 »

As I asked earlier, wouldn’t it be possible for SBC to sell the CG now to the Trust thus pulling the rug from under whoever’s feet that is only interested in getting the CG site redeveloped.

If parties are still interested in buying the club with no chance of the CG being redeveloped (outside of a sporting venue) at least we’ll know they are interested in the footballing side.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #850 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 13:40:14 »

As I asked earlier, wouldn’t it be possible for SBC to sell the CG now to the Trust thus pulling the rug from under whoever’s feet that is only interested in getting the CG site redeveloped.

If parties are still interested in buying the club with no chance of the CG being redeveloped (outside of a sporting venue) at least we’ll know they are interested in the footballing side.
Possible, but the Trust have said the Council have told them they want to sell to a partnership between the club and the Trust and have suspended negotiations until the ownership issue is resolved.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #851 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 13:51:52 »

Apart from the issues noted above is that the Trust could potentially end up with a fucking great big liability if the clubs folds and there is no one to play there! Hasn't it also been noted by others that the place is even more run into the ground that it was previously, how much is going to be needed just to return it to basic standards?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #852 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 14:00:41 »

Revert back to SBC ownership and they sell it at a proper commercial rate after a bidding war!
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #853 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 14:24:07 »

Solicitors are like most professionals I encounter on a daily basis, some are good some are dreadful, usually the ones who think they are good are actually the most dreadful!  Wink

Knowing quite a few, that may be right.

Nothing to see here
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #854 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 14:58:17 »

Apart from the issues noted above is that the Trust could potentially end up with a fucking great big liability if the clubs folds and there is no one to play there! Hasn't it also been noted by others that the place is even more run into the ground that it was previously, how much is going to be needed just to return it to basic standards?

It has character  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60   Go Up
Print
Jump to: