Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 ... 60   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Club Charged By The FA  (Read 85326 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #810 on: Monday, April 19, 2021, 22:35:46 »

And whilst some would like to think they have some input/influence, whatever happens is outside the hands of the average/'normal' punters who pitch up to games and buy replica apparel from the club shop.

Nothing to see here
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #811 on: Monday, April 19, 2021, 22:45:40 »

The EFL charges get lost in the mists and without the detailed evidence that could have come out in a Court hearing.
*FA. We're not facing EFL charges. Yet. And not a cat in hell's chance these charges will get "lost in the mists", that's wishful thinking on an epic scale.

Why do people struggle so much to remember the FA and League are different bodies?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #812 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 02:52:42 »

I still can’t get the old noggin to interpret what’s gone on today.

How can this present court case force through a sale when it’s going to take another court case in the future to decide who owns what of the club? All ass about face to me.

Obviously Power wants a deal that is beneficial to him i.e. sell to Able, yet that would wipe out any return to Clem/Standing and, presumably, would be illegal if the court decided that Standing did, indeed, own 50% of Power’s share of the club.

Dr Google comes up with diddly squat when asked about AC Sports Wiltshire LLC.

Apart from the natural feeling of wanting to see Power get a right good kicking, I can’t work out what, long term, is the best outcome for the club.

Maybe Chalkies Shorts is correct. It boils down to a choice of cunts.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 02:58:57 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #813 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 07:28:29 »

Are there further court shenanigans today?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #814 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 07:37:15 »

I would assume so, didn't I read something had to be produced by 30th April?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #815 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 07:39:49 »

Not more hot air, surely (with just the merest whiff of vitriol).
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #816 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 07:57:52 »

Quote from: The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey
Are there further court shenanigans today?

don't think so.

mid may or just after is next, no date set yet afaik
That Nestor Lorenzo Heade

« Reply #817 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 08:06:05 »

Not quite what I meant, but you're right my tone was way harsher than I meant it to be. Apologies to Nestor Lorenzo's Head. Nonetheless, I still think it would be helpful for fans to be more knowledgeable of how the football regulatory regime works and how little protection it actually offers clubs and fans. If they were, they might be more engaged in trying to change it.

Thanks for the feedback - will strive to be more helpful.

Here's a link to the Owners' and Directors' Test on the EFL website, which was apparently rebranded in 2011 to remove the insinuation that any moral judgement was being made about the suitability of new club owners.

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-3---owners-and-directors-test/

But my original point about how LP passed this test still stands, especially given the references to bankruptcy, insolvency and dishonesty.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #818 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 08:08:02 »

It says in the adver that the judge has given LP until 30th April to provide docs to enable Axis to finalise their bid.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/19244300.swindon-town-ownership-wrangle-back-high-court/

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #819 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 08:23:52 »

It says in the adver that the judge has given LP until 30th April to provide docs to enable Axis to finalise their bid.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/19244300.swindon-town-ownership-wrangle-back-high-court/

And also "The case is expected to return before the judge in mid to late-May."
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #820 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 08:26:22 »

Thanks for the feedback - will strive to be more helpful.

Here's a link to the Owners' and Directors' Test on the EFL website, which was apparently rebranded in 2011 to remove the insinuation that any moral judgement was being made about the suitability of new club owners.

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-3---owners-and-directors-test/

But my original point about how LP passed this test still stands, especially given the references to bankruptcy, insolvency and dishonesty.
That's the point, the test is not fit for purpose. People think it offers some level of protection to clubs from unsuitable owners when all it really offers is a fig leaf for the game's authorities to shrug their shoulders and say "Pfft, whaddya gonna do about these guys when they sneak past our stringent tests?"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #821 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 08:30:33 »

yeah, that's what it sounded like from the q&a yesterday - Axis to be given same access to books that Able were for due diligence
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #822 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 08:36:21 »

yeah, that's what it sounded like from the q&a yesterday - Axis to be given same access to books that Able were for due diligence
Exclusive picture of those books lined up ready to be examined for due diligence
Crackity Jones

« Reply #823 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 08:42:59 »

For the benefit of thicko here, can somebody clarify where Standing fits in all this. I get that he is claiming that he part owns or has financial interest in Stfc (contrary to fa regs.) but why is he having to put further money into the club with Axis (the 300k that was talked about) when he can't, according to the rules, have an interest?  Is he part of the Axis bid now? Or is it something else?

Also somebody in this thread mentioned that Clem has wealthy backers.  Is that yet another invisible party to be wary of?

As for Able, who knows?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #824 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 08:45:59 »

For the benefit of thicko here, can somebody clarify where Standing fits in all this. I get that he is claiming that he part owns or has financial interest in Stfc (contrary to fa regs.) but why is he having to put further money into the club with Axis (the 300k that was talked about) when he can't, according to the rules, have an interest?  Is he part of the Axis bid now? Or is it something else?

Because it was them who obtained the original injunction that is preventing Power from disposing of the club as he wishes, so if they wish to continue to delay that process, it is down to them to fund it
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 ... 60   Go Up
Print
Jump to: