Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The good old days  (Read 8543 times)
Mr Stevens

Ignore
« on: Sunday, April 4, 2021, 11:56:26 »

I try not to live in the past too much but, when listening to 606 on 5live recently, I do not recognise it as the show by Danny Baker. He was a brilliant presenter, while Sutton and Savage really aren't and belong on Talksport with others of their ilk.

I a similar vein, I watched an old repeat of Top Gear this morning when they went to Vietnam. Seen it before but still laughed. This doesn't happen with the new incarnation of the show. Whatever your view is on Clarkson, there was brilliant chemistry between the three of them.

And what happened to Lindisfarne?

Take your chips and fuck off home.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, April 4, 2021, 12:02:49 »

I try not to live in the past too much but, when listening to 606 on 5live recently, I do not recognise it as the show by Danny Baker. He was a brilliant presenter, while Sutton and Savage really aren't and belong on Talksport with others of their ilk.

I a similar vein, I watched an old repeat of Top Gear this morning when they went to Vietnam. Seen it before but still laughed. This doesn't happen with the new incarnation of the show. Whatever your view is on Clarkson, there was brilliant chemistry between the three of them.

And what happened to Lindisfarne?

I agree Top Gear was so enjoyable when Clarkson presented the programme and the banter with May & Hammond has never been matched and I've struggled to watch it since they all left.

So, give no fucks
Hunk

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, April 4, 2021, 12:22:00 »

I loved Top Gear despite having no interest in cars, and it was purely because of the chemistry between the three. Stopped watching as soon as they left
Flashheart

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, April 4, 2021, 12:31:54 »

Clarkson's a bellend.

But he's a funny bellend.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, April 4, 2021, 12:35:20 »

I think we remember this way because the good bits stick with you more than the bad - as good as Clarkson/May/Hammond were as a trio for a few years, Top Gear went through a lot of other presenting line ups first that were crap (Jez something?) and C/M/H were getting pretty tired towards the end. Similarly, 606 was great under Baker but that same show also spent a period of time being presented by David fucking Mellor.

Some of the best things in life have a shelf life. That said, if they cancelled Kermode & Mayo I'd probably kick off.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, April 4, 2021, 12:49:57 »

I miss the good old days. Everyone is so much more serious these days.
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, April 4, 2021, 13:02:41 »

Clarkson is a racist bully while the other 2 watched and did nothing. If the person insulted was Muslim and not Irish there would have been hell to pay.
Clarkson is just a cunt.
Lindisfarne still exist and are still touring. There are 2 different versions of the band and Billy Mitchell who replaced Alan hull is doing his own thing and well worth going to see once gigs start up again. He does a double act with Bob fox that is folk comedy gold.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, April 4, 2021, 13:12:46 »

I think at some point of still watching Sunday night telly pre-streaming everything days I realised that countryfile over on bbc1 was much more entertaining and switched over to that.

Clarkson and co’s post top gear amazon grand tour thing ultimately ended up being a bit of a flop didn’t it?

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, April 4, 2021, 13:30:19 »

When football pitches were muddy and there was always something happening on the terraces. Check out the chanting right at the start Eek

So, give no fucks
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, April 4, 2021, 13:58:18 »

I miss the good old days. Everyone is so much more serious these days.
Down at the Old Bull & Bush  ??.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, April 4, 2021, 14:58:48 »

Top Gear is probably better now than the 'good old days'.

Nothing to see here
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, April 4, 2021, 15:26:38 »

I can't stand Chris Sutton on 606 - bloke is a knob and talks shit.  I liked the old Top Gear but also like the new Top Gear - i didn't like the period in between with Chris Evans and Matt Leblanc etc..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, April 4, 2021, 16:26:42 »

Ah the good old days like when Swindon was a nice town with decent play parks for the kids and leisure facilities.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, April 4, 2021, 16:30:42 »

I don't really get hankering after the good old days.  Presumably it's an age thing.

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, April 4, 2021, 16:32:26 »

Ah the good old days like when Swindon was a nice town with decent play parks for the kids and leisure facilities.

There's plenty of decent play parks where I live and they've been packed today by all ages. Also Coate, Lydiard, Mouldon, Stanton are lovely places to walk around as well as smaller parks like Queens Park and the Town Gardens close to the centre of Town. I agree the leisure facilities aren't so good and that the Town centre is run down but that isn't just Swindon it's a similar story up and down the country
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 4, 2021, 16:34:31 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: