Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: For god’s sake, don’t leave it for others to rescue us. Burton Albion v STFC  (Read 24121 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 12:36:20 »

None of our goals look like they come from a system of play - they tend to be one off efforts.

Yup, I said this a few pages back and the more I think about it the more I think that's the root cause of the dissatisfaction with Sheridan. When we score it's either Payne/Twine doing something brilliant or the opposition fucking up somehow, or just a lucky bounce, we simply don't score "well worked goals".
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 12:36:44 »

There’s no mystery at all. We’re just fucking shit. Hopefully there are 4 others that are slightly worse than fucking shit.

Which is a distinct possibility.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 12:36:57 »

plus, what the fuck is the point in Omotoye?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 12:39:26 »

No point at all. He was Tyler Smith’s replacement when he was yet another loan Sheridan wanted to jettison.

Now he’s got another 2 players he doesn’t want to pick.

He really is a clueless fuckwit.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 12:45:52 »

^^^ to be fair it's not clear who cocked up there - Sheridan, Jewell, Power or an other
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 12:48:52 »

The whole season has been an absolute clusterfuck and there's not many people involved who are blameless.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 12:51:29 »

No point at all. He was Tyler Smith’s replacement when he was yet another loan Sheridan wanted to jettison.

Now he’s got another 2 players he doesn’t want to pick.

He really is a clueless fuckwit.

I've obviously got less tactical nous than a professional football manager but continuously prevailing with a lone target man that can barely get about the pitch is surely so easy for a team to defend against. Garrick and Omotoye have pace to burn so given his insistence on going long, why not utilise the option to get these players in down the channels, forcing defenders to have to think differently?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 12:54:35 »

or at least use them as plan B when plan a fails
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 12:56:30 »

Yup, I said this a few pages back and the more I think about it the more I think that's the root cause of the dissatisfaction with Sheridan. When we score it's either Payne/Twine doing something brilliant or the opposition fucking up somehow, or just a lucky bounce, we simply don't score "well worked goals".

Are there many teams at this level who score "well worked goals", admittedly only from watching highlights but the vast majority we have conceded seem to be similarly in the "fucking up somehow" genre....
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 12:59:21 by horlock07 » Logged
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 12:58:18 »

Exactly!

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 12:58:52 »

To be fair to Sheridan he did just that yesterday and reverted to Plan B, albeit after 93 mins and 10 mins after we had gone 2-1 down.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 13:08:17 »

To be fair to Sheridan he did just that yesterday and reverted to Plan B, albeit after 93 mins and 10 mins after we had gone 2-1 down.

Do we have a Plan A?  Huh?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 13:09:14 »

Deja vu  Smiley

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 13:55:25 »

Are there many teams at this level who score "well worked goals", admittedly only from watching highlights but the vast majority we have conceded seem to be similarly in the "fucking up somehow" genre....

Burton scored two yesterday, albeit from set plays. But you're right, there are plenty of shit teams this season. It's why we still somehow have hope!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 14:12:19 »

Burton scored two yesterday, albeit from set plays. But you're right, there are plenty of shit teams this season. It's why we still somehow have hope!

Even though he never gets off the bench!

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: