Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: For god’s sake, don’t leave it for others to rescue us. Burton Albion v STFC  (Read 24104 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 18:13:34 »

Playing the likes of Colchester again is so depressing

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 18:18:09 »

Decent Managers have a sense of game changing decisions.
Second half for 10 minutes we were technically better and what did Burton do, they changed it as could sense we were on top.
At that time we could have exploited their defence, they looked ponderous but we did nothing.
Could have made 2 changes. The lump up top was not influencing the game in any way.
Garrick and even Hope if we were brave may have changed it.
Both free kick goals defenders and keeper have to do better.
Yes we have played worse which makes today even more disappointing.

Blame goes to one person today for me, the dinosaur.
Did fuck all and paid the ultimate price.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 18:20:27 »

Decent Managers have a sense of game changing decisions.
Second half for 10 minutes we were technically better and what did Burton do, they changed it as could sense we were on top.
At that time we could have exploited their defence, they looked ponderous but we did nothing.
Could have made 2 changes. The lump up top was not influencing the game in any way.
Garrick and even Hope if we were brave may have changed it.
Both free kick goals defenders and keeper have to do better.
Yes we have played worse which makes today even more disappointing.

Blame goes to one person today for me, the dinosaur.
Did fuck all and paid the ultimate price.

He could have went brave and put on Garrick, Hope and Smith with 25 minutes to go!

So, give no fucks
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 18:21:46 »

Meh...

I feel like its done Sad

We have gone from a hopeless side with a clueless keeper to a mediocre side who will always concede AND now we seem to need eight chances to score and Twine has lost his shooting boots.

Really needed something from today.

I think Sheridactyl thought we were getting a draw and decided to stick and not twist...Epic Fail.

How far away is Barrow?

About three and a half months.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 18:22:18 »

But as observed above, STFC might still survive.  All is not lost quite yet ...

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 18:23:51 »

If Sheriden walked now I may be convinced

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 18:36:35 »

If Sheridan stays he basically needs to come up with a batshit crazy formation with players in random positions. Catch teams off their guard, get a few results then change to another batshit crazy formation before teams work us out.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 18:41:59 »

Who know she what players would want to sign for us if he's here next season

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 18:43:32 »

Our game in hand on Rovers could be a right liability. At the moment we are ahead of them on goals score as both teams goal difference is the same.

Lose our game in hand and we’ll drop below Rovers. If we get thumped against Posh it’d be like losing another point, too.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 18:45:19 »

Not sure if we want Northampton to beat Rovers or if a draw is better
« Last Edit: Monday, April 5, 2021, 18:56:29 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 18:53:24 »

Our game in hand on Rovers could be a right liability. At the moment we are ahead of them on goals score as both teams goal difference is the same.

Lose our game in hand and we’ll drop below Rovers. If we get thumped against Posh it’d be like losing another point, too.
This is the problem with games in hand when you're at the wrong end of the table, you tend not to win them. But the teams around us are just as shit and look at what a vast difference two wins made a couple of weeks ago.  We may yet still do it but the time for "not a bad performance just didn't get the points" is long gone.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 18:55:48 »

Not sure if we want Northampton to beat Rogers or if a draw is better
Cobblers v Rogers? He’ll run rings round them.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 18:58:12 »

Cobblers v Rogers? He’ll run rings round them.

Always check your spelling before posting otherwise the iPad can make you look foolish😀

So, give no fucks
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 19:19:42 »

We should have got at least a point today - Burton are a poor side, and had no threat apart from free kicks, corners and long throws. Unbelievably as it doesn’t normally happen under JS we played the better football today, but didn’t defend well enough and didn’t take the few clear cut chances we have.
I think the wind may well have impacted today - their keeper’s long clearances were creating problems for us in the first half, in the second we over hit some balls and their keeper barely reached half way.
Contrast Yates on Saturday with Pitman and you see the difference a decent budget makes. Yates has pace and movement and holds the ball up / links play. Pitman is ponderous, can’t really press the opposition, and today missed the clear chance he had.
I’d also agree with those who would have brought Garrick on at around 65 mins to go for the win at 1-1.
It’s looking tough now - with Peterborough, Portsmouth and Ipswich at home, I can’t see us getting more than 3 points there, and probably less, so we’ll need to take a minimum of 7 from Rochdale, AFC Wimbledon and Wigan and something from MK.
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 20:33:57 »

Really? I thought he was very very poor with no end product today.

Practically sums up his entire performance when he played for us. He still can't cross a ball for toffee

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: