Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: For god’s sake, don’t leave it for others to rescue us. Burton Albion v STFC  (Read 24105 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 08:58:21 »

Yes, and how is that inconsistent with my post this morning?  Hmmm

Nothing to see here
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #376 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 09:23:12 »

Yes, and how is that inconsistent with my post this morning?  Hmmm
Just quoting for posterity the only time you admit to being wrong.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 09:38:02 »

Again didn't watch as watched the racing instead, assume we have reverted back to shit again.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 09:40:17 »

Again didn't watch as watched the racing instead, assume we have reverted back to shit again.

Decent performance for no return.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 09:43:48 »

Just quoting for posterity the only time you admit to being wrong.

I have been wrong about results on many occasions this season.  More than happy to acknowledge that- of all the things to get butt hurt about, that's pretty low on the list.

Nothing to see here
Peter Venkman

« Reply #380 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 09:47:11 »

This, not great but far from shocking, just can't defend crosses and struggle to score, 2 basics of a team TBH but it was between 2 evenly matched teams, both pretty shit and lacking in quality.

That said we didn't have many really poor performers, I would probably suggest Thompson was the only sub par performer for most of the game. Pitman led the line well but missed a decent chance 1st half which probably would have changed the outcome.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #381 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 09:48:01 »

I have been wrong about results on many occasions this season.  More than happy to acknowledge that- of all the things to get butt hurt about, that's pretty low on the list.
You have indeed been backing Sheridactyl to get us results, but this was the first time you openly admit you were wrong, milestone.

Butthurt  Girl Giggle

JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 09:52:18 »

You have indeed been backing Sheridactyl to get us results, but this was the first time you openly admit you were wrong, milestone.

Butthurt  Girl Giggle

Nice riposte but I suspect that previous posts will indicate that I suggested that a number fixtures would result in defeat.  Yes

Nothing to see here
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 09:59:31 »

Bit like my betting performance on the racing.

Bookies still think we are in with a shout of saving it, my cash out offer on the relegation bet is still much lower than it was a couple of weeks back.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #384 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 10:01:17 »

Bookies still think we are in with a shout of saving it, my cash out offer on the relegation bet is still much lower than it was a couple of weeks back.
Wait a couple of weeks....

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 10:31:23 »

Nice riposte but I suspect that previous posts will indicate that I suggested that a number fixtures would result in defeat.  Yes

Are you a rocket scientist?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 10:55:42 »

That don't impress me much
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 10:56:37 »

No, I must be psychic

Nothing to see here
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 12:05:23 »

Mystic JBZ  Smiley
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 12:33:11 »

The biggest couple of issues, which are pretty fundamental and why I lay them at the Managers door, are that we don't really look like we have a "way" to score goals, but we have several ways where we look likely to concede them.  Aside from some random changes in personnel and formations by Sheridan when under the kosh, we've rarely looked like solving either of those issues.  When you layer in the lack of possession we seek in most games, it's a recipe for disaster.  That is the frustration with yesterday because we actually did get possession thanks to playing a team being just as cautious as us and Grant in defence brings a bit of desire to play out at times.

None of our goals look like they come from a system of play - they tend to be one off efforts.

Every goal we concede seems to be down to a just a few route causes - either balls into the box from wide and we lose markers, route one bullying, or through balls in behind/down the channel with a defensive line that is not a line.  Two of these are made worse by our lumping the ball forward in most games and losing possession, plus little to no press on the opposition once they get the ball back.

I'll keep coming back to it, but that smacks of a team not being coached well.

Sprinkle in a lack of confidence, a few players not really up the the standard and you get individual mistakes to layer on top of just being badly set-up in the first place.

With yesterday specifically, you would ask why change it when we were dominant - well, because we were dominant and they change it by adding a ball play in midfield to try and get possession and counter us a little.  At that point you could make a change to put more of a press on them, either replace Twine with someone more mobile/pacey or remove a defender and put another body further up the pitch (given they were no threat outside of set pieces).
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: