Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: For god’s sake, don’t leave it for others to rescue us. Burton Albion v STFC  (Read 24091 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 20:59:11 »

Practically sums up his entire performance when he played for us. He still can't cross a ball for toffee

Apart from when he put that ball into the box that they scored from...........

I didn't think he was that much of a threat today, but he did set up a goal, you know, one of those things we rarely look like doing.
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 21:06:10 »

The fat lady ain't singing yet...

Let's not forget it wasn't that long ago we were bottom of the league. 2 wins on the bounce and we were flying. We've lost two matches and back to 'the inevitable'...

C'mon, we've all been here before. Look at the bigger picture, there are plenty of games left to go!

I see have Swindon surviving with 45 points... Wigan, Northampton Rovers and Rochdale going down in my prediction table. IMO, it's between Wimbledon and Wigan for that final relegation place. It's going to be Alex Ferguson squeaky bum time though!

Peterborough - Draw
Rochdale - Win
Wimbledon - Lose
Portsmouth - Lose
Franchise - Draw
Ipswich - Lose
Wigan - Win

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 21:08:12 »

I didn't think he was that much of a threat today, but he did set up a goal, you know, one of those things we rarely look like doing.

He can do set-pieces OK, but can't cross the ball in open play.

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 06:21:19 »

The fat lady ain't singing yet...

Let's not forget it wasn't that long ago we were bottom of the league. 2 wins on the bounce and we were flying. We've lost two matches and back to 'the inevitable'...

C'mon, we've all been here before. Look at the bigger picture, there are plenty of games left to go!

I see have Swindon surviving with 45 points... Wigan, Northampton Rovers and Rochdale going down in my prediction table. IMO, it's between Wimbledon and Wigan for that final relegation place. It's going to be Alex Ferguson squeaky bum time though!

Peterborough - Draw
Rochdale - Win
Wimbledon - Lose
Portsmouth - Lose
Franchise - Draw
Ipswich - Lose
Wigan - Win

Peterborough draw!!?
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 07:40:11 »

Peterborough draw!!?

Yep. Call me mental and I know Peterborough are flying but got a feeling about this one. The team will want to bounce back after the losses for a massive scalp so we’ll either a draw or we’ll win it.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 07:57:00 »

Peterborough - Loss
Rochdale - Draw
Wimbledon - Loss
Portsmouth - Loss
Franchise - Loss
Ipswich - Loss
Wigan - Draw

There you go.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 08:09:46 »

I had a feeling about the last fixture.  That went well.

Nothing to see here
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 08:24:24 »

Quote from: RobertT

he's also got good reviews while they were in their excellent run out of trouble.

agree all he did was set up a goal yesterday though 😠
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 08:24:49 »

Peterborough - Loss (We are doomed)
Rochdale - Win (ok)
Wimbledon - Win (gives us some hope)
Portsmouth - Loss (Oh)
Franchise - Loss (No)
Ipswich - Loss (We are fucked)
Wigan - Draw (bye)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 08:25:38 »

Peterborough - Loss
Rochdale - Draw
Wimbledon - Loss
Portsmouth - Loss
Franchise - Loss
Ipswich - Loss
Wigan - Draw

There you go.
we'll get more than 2 points from those games.

fuck me, how critical is Rochdale and Wombles now.

pressure building, thankfully on them too
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 08:27:21 »

I usually spend my Monday morning's (obviously Tuesday today) reading through the matchday threads as the comments during the game (with my hindsight trousers on) always make me smile. So I'm going to offer my thoughts on the game before reading back.

*sigh* can't remember it happening much this season but I think we deserved at the very least a draw yesterday. Taking out the fact we couldn't defend throw ins or set pieces very well we were much the better side I thought. And unfortunately because we couldn't defend properly was why we lost the game, and possibly why we'll maybe get relegated.

I think the players will have been gutted given the effort they put in yesterday in playing a very ordinary Burton side off the park for large swaths of the match. Unfortunately it just wasn't happening in the final third, either poor delivery in the box, or a Pitman who just wasn't at the races. (I thought that misses aside he was disappointing yesterday) Payne and Missilou did their best to make things happen but it just wasn't to be and 2 really poor goals to concede defensively.

Couple of other things - What's with the ridiculous substitutes 2 minutes into 5 of injury time? Way way WAY too late. I'd have tried Hope for Pitman on about 65/70 as he was barely winning a header and his movement is just non-existant. Granted we were dominating and so you don't want to change things too much, but I think we should have made at least 1 if not 2 changes and then surely after going 2-1 down you get your subs on immediately??
The other thing I've noticed is how much of a little bitch Scott Twine is becoming. Every time he is fouled he goes down holding his leg as if he has been attacked with a hacksaw. Granted in football these days you have to make it obvious you have been fouled but it's starting to irk me how much he does it. At one stage in the second half he got tackled and went down holding his leg but saw nobody was paying any attention to him and so stood up and got on with it. I hope he can learn to balance out his gamesmanship.

Positives to take out of the game but with Posh up next it's looking grim. If only we could transform our away performances into the CG, we'd be nowhere near the bottom.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 08:30:19 »

Quote from: DV Canio
Peterborough - Loss (We are doomed)
Rochdale - Win (ok)
Wimbledon - Win (gives us some hope)
Portsmouth - Loss (Oh)
Franchise - Loss (No)
Ipswich - Loss (We are fucked)
Wigan - Draw (bye)

now that sounds much more stfc.

of course a win at Wigan will keep us up, so we'll play defensively, somehow nick an equaliser then go ultra attack in the last 5 and hit the post after camping in their half.

we will be left wondering why we didn't go for it sooner.

twine will leave to go to reading for 3.50 and a bottle of Glenrednose.

season ticket prices will be frozen for 7 days early bird.

it'll rain all summer
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 08:32:15 »

good summary Bob.

for our dominance we didn't look much like scoring
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 08:37:29 »

now that sounds much more stfc.

of course a win at Wigan will keep us up, so we'll play defensively, somehow nick an equaliser then go ultra attack in the last 5 and hit the post after camping in their half.

we will be left wondering why we didn't go for it sooner.

twine will leave to go to reading for 3.50 and a bottle of Glenrednose.

season ticket prices will be frozen for 7 days early bird.

it'll rain all summer

You missed off Pox getting into the play offs.  Smiley
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #374 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 08:56:04 »

I had a feeling about the last fixture.  That went well.

Guaranteed win for STFC - one nil

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: