Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: For god’s sake, don’t leave it for others to rescue us. Burton Albion v STFC  (Read 24290 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 16:42:39 »

Grounds:
- Disappointed
- Worked on it yesterday
- Knew set pieces were their main threat
- We have been good between both boxes but haven't been ruthless enough in each box
- How come 2 similar goals were conceded? Gave away too may cheap free kicks and throw in.
- Need to stay on our feet. Clearances should go longer and higher! (What???!?!?!?!?)
- Not mentally and physically strong enough 1 vs 1
- Dealt with throw ins ok, but not the wide free kicks
- Only positive is the 80 yards between box to box
- Moved the ball well but not got enough people in the box.
- Payne lovely finish
- Talked at half time about moving their block around
- Today was a massive opportunity missed.
- In the ascendancy at 1-1
- Have to go to Peterborough and try to get something
- Then a massive week against Rochdale and Wombles
- Quiet in the dressing room
- Young dressing room
- We have let people down by not doing what we were told to do yesterday.
- So everybody in that dressing room need to ask if they did enough today. Only individuals can answer that

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 16:45:37 »

Think today proved that Sheridan’s subs and tactical changes in the past are nothing but baseless punts that have yielded the occasional result. Today was crying out for Garrick second half and not bringing him on just shows he generally doesn’t have a clue.

I think we will go down as I don’t believe Sheridan is capable of keeping us up due to a combination of his tactical ineptitude and petulance in selections.

We already knew this.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 16:45:41 »

Really? I thought he was very very poor with no end product today.

No end product, that's seems a bizarre assessment mate...he got an assist and made a bit of a nuisance of himself. Not lots more you can do as a midfielder in that sense. He did his job as a lower league midfielder.

Also those saying it is to do with his Dad posting on here. What a bunch of cunts you all are. Once again, taking one part that I wrote in isolation and using it to say i'm being controversial. Get over yourselves.

Midfielder gets assist = TEF definition "hE dIdN't CoNtRiBuTe".

As I've said before, several people on here respond purely to the account posting rather than the content of the post.

Laters.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 16:46:06 »

Hartley part 3:
- Likely 4 from 6 go down.
- Burton probably out of it. They only need the odd point
- If you take Pitman off you may gain something attacking, but you weaken the team as he is important for set pieces at both ends
- Final ball was missing
- As Grounds said, 80 yards between boxes was good
- Garrick is not an out and out striker so isn't a good swap with Pitman

JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 16:48:30 »

As I've said before, several people on here respond purely to the account posting rather than the content of the post.

Yeah, on reflection it may be fair to say that Valid Pint didn't get a fair crack of the whip.

Nothing to see here
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 16:55:31 »

Hawes:
- Hamer and Brayford cards marked: Not every team can defend
- Manager exceeded Mourinios efforts yesterday saying we prepare players!
- Ground said that individuals could only look at them selves. Seemed odd. Very interesting. Evading whether he thinks they do or not.
- A bit of a concern if the players dont think they can look at themselves
- Bad goals to give away.
- In terms of throwing on subs. We've seen Garrick up front and it didnt work
- Could have put Hope up front. But, when in control of the game, why would you?
- Iandolo injury. Grounds was one of the better performers today.
- Rediscovered passing game today
- If we play like we did today they that might be enough to stay up
- Deserves to be a mighty inquest on what has happened this year. Recruitment, management etc
- How does Paul Jewell work? Are there plans for L1 and L2 next year?
- Should we have had a succession plan for Wellens going? Yes, we should. You can never trust managers to hang around. When they do well they move.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 17:09:42 »

Hawes has gone a bit potty if he thinks Grounds was a top performer today.  He was defensively weak on multiple occasions, not only was he constantly heading the ball less than 10 yards away in the middle, he even managed to jump under one ball in the 2nd half.  At fault for one of the goals, maybe the second.

Knowing who is a threat and where the threat may come from is one thing, having a plan to deal with it another.  I saw nothing other than marking players going on, nobody stood in front of the throw in taker, nobody pushing the line further out, nobody double marking that threat etc.  There wasn't anything you could see that was out of the ordinary - none of those may have worked, but just using it to show what bollocks Sheridan talks.  Shouting at people to defend, not give away a free kick, get it forward, move etc. is hardly adding much.  He's basically Captain Obvious with a foul mouth.  Every week it's the players fault - different players, different positions, but always them.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #337 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 17:13:26 »

Another day closer to Shexit with that defeat, still worst manager in our history for defeats and adding to it with each game.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 17:18:22 »

Come the end of the season he will probably say he wants to stay and turn things around😀

So, give no fucks
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 17:18:44 »

Meh...

I feel like its done Sad

We have gone from a hopeless side with a clueless keeper to a mediocre side who will always concede AND now we seem to need eight chances to score and Twine has lost his shooting boots.

Really needed something from today.

I think Sheridactyl thought we were getting a draw and decided to stick and not twist...Epic Fail.

How far away is Barrow?

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 17:19:31 »

Another day closer to Shexit with that defeat, still worst manager in our history for defeats and adding to it with each game.

Shexit!

Genius!

Clems Army!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 17:24:48 »

Shexit!

Genius!

To misquote a previous Prime Minister, we're all Shexiteers now.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 17:29:21 »

Agree with general consensus that we could have got something out of todays game but we didn't.
'Being in control of a game' that we're losing doesn't really help in the grand scheme when you lose at the end. Would we have created more with Garrick brought on as has some have suggested (I personally think yes) we'll never know because our manager and his assistant didn't roll the dice until too late. They really do not have a clue.
I have seen us play as bad or even worse over the years but this season has to be the most frustrating. The two games won most recently we pressed more than the whole of the rest of the season but Friday and to a lesser degree today we go back to defending ten yards too deep giving opportunities for the set pieces we do not seem to be able to cope with.
Don't know why but we'll probably against all expectation win next week just to ramp the frustration up. Then we will have to beat Rochdale and Wimbledon, and we'll need to take them on as oppose to just trying to live with them. Will we do that ? We're capable but will the manager let us ? I have my doubts. Even now God knows how but we still have a chance.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 17:55:38 »

Can’t believe we’re still out the bottom 4. The bottom 6 are awful and burton aren’t a lot better. Still expect at least 1 team to go on a run and surprise everyone, but it just hasn’t been happening. Could be one of the lowest points ever in League One to stay up
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 18:10:29 »

What’s really depressing is if this is the standard of league 1 this season then what is the average match in league 2 like to witness. Paul Mullin scoring 29 and counting in the league points to the standard being far worst than last season and it was pretty dire then so I dread to imagine what we will be subjected to next season.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: