Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: For god’s sake, don’t leave it for others to rescue us. Burton Albion v STFC  (Read 24329 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 15:57:10 »

Immensely frustrating. We've played much, much worse than that this season, but it's another loss. We were probably the better team in open play, but always looked vulnerable at set pieces. Easy to say in hindsight, but today was a Tom Broadbent game.

Payne, Missilou and Twine all looked good in the middle of the park and Caddis looked much better second half playing almost as an old fashioned inside right than he did in a more defensive role in the first half.

The first 20 minutes of both halves I thought we played as well as we have done for ages. But we're past the point where good performances are worth clinging to - today we needed points, we got none and we didn't make a single substitute until injury time. We don't really seem to know what kind of goals we want to score, other than occasional Twine/Payne brilliant long rangers. We simply don't score "system goals" - it's all one player's brilliance or a mistake from the opposition.

Need six points from Wimbledon and Rochdale, no negotiation now.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 15:57:41 »

Joel Grant man of the match for me
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 15:57:55 »

A complete waste of an opportunity - it as obvious that they were sitting off our midfield yet we continued to knock it long to Pitman who never had another Swindon player within 15 yards of him with a wind behind us so it was impossible to control.

For the second half, given the amount of space they were giving us, and Caddis was able to play right wing as they feared the wind and just wanted to get into a shape, an early change was needed.  You didn't need three centre halves to mark one forward, get a bit of pace out wide and start playing the ball through the midfield.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 15:58:01 »

played ok, just need to be a bit bigger and heavier
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 15:58:56 »

unlucky that. decent enough away performance that didnt deserve a loss. the style of play has definitely changed for the better, some good pass and move football and we created a lot of openings today. shame about the 2 goals conceded, almost the same as the sunderland goal.

again the same as last week, the fact that everyone else seemingly lost (except rovers- who have the worst fixture list)  is a positive. cant be too disappointed with today did their best
adje

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 15:59:07 »

I sort of praised Sheridan for the selection of Missilou but that defeat was 100% down to him. Positive substitutions in the last 20 minutes would have brought us at least a point. Undoubtedly
« Last Edit: Monday, April 5, 2021, 16:01:40 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #306 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 16:03:36 »

Sheridactyl should have made subs earlier and also should have brought on Garrick against their awful left back who couldnt even handle Caddis's lack of pace.

Caddis played his best game in ages against him, Payne ran the show for me with Missilou playing easily his best game in a Town shirt.

Undone by headers in the box, as always, against a stonger bigger team.

Deeserved at least a draw but thats football, especially when you have a fucking clueless cunt as manager.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 16:05:25 »

I am struggling to criticise any single player out there today.

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 16:05:58 »

Meltdown avoided, everyone else is just as shit as Town, except for the anomaly result of Barton Rovers who had the audacity to beat Donny. All that does is bring them back into the realm of "tight as a Nun's Chuff" territory.

The biggest winners today are Burton - who instead of potentially getting dragged into a relegation scrap (had Town won), now look like they have allayed their own fears and secured their L1 (Div3) status for next season.

I've said it for a while now. It's going down to the last day. It's going down to GD. IF Town do manage to score one more than about 4 other teams, can they in future walk out to "Vindaloo"  Hmmm

PS: Special mention to Johnny Smith, he played very well. Who would think a creative midfielder could bring something to a game?! Shame he got injured. 7.5/10

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #309 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 16:11:02 »

PS: Special mention to Johnny Smith, he played very well. Who would think a creative midfielder could bring something to a game?! Shame he got injured. 7.5/10
Really? I thought he was very very poor with no end product today.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 16:14:14 »

Completely agree. Just because his dad used to comment on here doesn’t mean that he was any good
adje

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 16:15:29 »

Johnny Smith was completely anonymous for me. Overshadowed by every single one of our midfielders. Just bamboo being provocative in my opinion
« Last Edit: Monday, April 5, 2021, 16:18:19 by adje » Logged

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 16:15:58 »

Camp 6
-   I thought he could have moved quicker for the first. Just before that he seemed to stop and watch one go out of reach. But then in the second he got down to one that was similar. Pulled off a decent save from Smith in the first and another in the second.

Thompson 6
-   Defended well and saved us on a couple of occasions. Whipped in a couple of crosses in the first. Didn’t offer much up front in the second half and was offside when he could have.

Grounds 5
-   I thought he kept playing us into trouble in the first. His headers plopped the ball in the middle of the park for Burton to pick up. He was soundly beaten by his man for the first goal as he didn’t jump!

Grant 6
-   Looked untroubled. Didn’t seem to do much wrong, but didn’t see his positioning for the second goal.

Odimayo 7
-   I thought he played well. Defended well in the first half and looked solid at the back and offered a threat going forward in the second

Caddis 7
-   Was in trouble playing deeper and defending in the first. In the second he was a revelation playing further forward. Offered so much threat, but started to tire towards the end. If only he had Garrick to link with towards the end

Missilou 6
-   A game of two halves. Played really well in the second, with flicks, tricks and strong challenges. Must have tied his weave too tight at half time as he seemed back to normal in the second half

Palmer 6
-   Frustrating player as he promises so much at times, but never quite delivers. Played a couple of glorious balls, but didn’t grab the game by the scruff of the neck, other than for very short periods.

Payne 6.5
-   Fantastic goal! Got in some good positions and ran his socks off in the first half and the first part of the second half. I thought he tired towards the end.

Twine 5
-   Frustrating game. Some gorgeous balls, showing excellent vision. But, went to ground too easily as normal and wasn’t going to get anything from the ref who was letting play flow. Didn’t really get into the game enough

Pitman 4
-   Didn’t win a ball in the first half. Had 3 clear chances to score – Headed wide, no connection for an open goal and a third that escapes me from the first half I think.

Subs:
J Grant & Smith: One touched the ball once and the other didn’t!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 16:16:06 »

We generally see what we want to see

Nothing to see here
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 16:16:38 »

Sheridactyl should have made subs earlier and also should have brought on Garrick against their awful left back who couldnt even handle Caddis's lack of pace.

Caddis played his best game in ages against him, Payne ran the show for me with Missilou playing easily his best game in a Town shirt.

Undone by headers in the box, as always, against a stonger bigger team.

Deeserved at least a draw but thats football, especially when you have a fucking clueless cunt as manager.

He made a sub after 3 minutes! Can’t get much earlier than that

(I know that wasn’t what you meant)
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: