Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Best headed STFC goal you’ve ever seen...and go...preferably with a link  (Read 7215 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, March 29, 2021, 12:57:19 »

Billy Tucker's and Aden Flint's were both massive and thunderous and equally enjoyed at the time.

Billy's edges it because the outcome eventually fell our way.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, March 29, 2021, 13:23:28 »

Strange one but Rory Fallons last minute diving header against Colchester sticks out in my mind, got a feeling it was boxing day 05/06 (one of our many relegations seasons from L1). We were bottom & utter garbage at the time and Colchester were doing really well, and particularly smug about it given they pinched Cureton on loan and he turned into Ronaldo. It was just a much needed win and I remember the celebrations in the Town End being akin to a playoff win.

EDIT - I thought I remembered there being a thread simply about the goal and I was right! http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=8600.0
« Last Edit: Monday, March 29, 2021, 13:26:36 by Tails » Logged
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, March 29, 2021, 13:42:34 »

I was there as I was for every game between 1983 and 1999 but have no recollection of that game, goals or result!
I probably remember games more from the 80s and up to the mid-90s than practically any of the games that I've been to since (aside from the Di Canio period). Ok, I haven't been to that many since 98, having lived in France since then but I'm sure the football back then was much more memorable, even the early 80s when we were really dismal. Probably because I was younger and more of a fan back then.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #48 on: Monday, March 29, 2021, 14:08:37 »

I probably remember games more from the 80s and up to the mid-90s than practically any of the games that I've been to since (aside from the Di Canio period). Ok, I haven't been to that many since 98, having lived in France since then but I'm sure the football back then was much more memorable, even the early 80s when we were really dismal. Probably because I was younger and more of a fan back then.
Similar to me, I remember almost every game I went to in the 80s and 90s but I moved away and have not been to many games since 2001 when I moved 120 miles away for Swindon, in the years since I have probably only been in person to 50 games in the last 20 years until the advent of iFollow where I have since only missed 2 games in 4 years.

Thats why its odd that I have no recollection of that game at all not even the thunderbolt from the fat controller.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, March 29, 2021, 14:09:25 »

Strange one but Rory Fallons last minute diving header against Colchester sticks out in my mind, got a feeling it was boxing day 05/06 (one of our many relegations seasons from L1). We were bottom & utter garbage at the time and Colchester were doing really well, and particularly smug about it given they pinched Cureton on loan and he turned into Ronaldo. It was just a much needed win and I remember the celebrations in the Town End being akin to a playoff win.

EDIT - I thought I remembered there being a thread simply about the goal and I was right! http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=8600.0

....then a month later we sold him.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, March 29, 2021, 15:21:13 »

And against them too

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, March 29, 2021, 15:30:40 »

3mins in. classic
adje

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, March 29, 2021, 15:42:17 »

Great thread by the way!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, March 29, 2021, 20:14:13 »

3mins in. classic

My first ever match. I'll never forget that goal!

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: