Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Holidays are Coming - Sponsored by 4D  (Read 84770 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Friday, December 16, 2022, 14:21:23 »

Don't go chopping your fingers off.

Funnily enough there is a weird IRA type bloke that lives there that has 2 fingers missing. Allegedly he shot them off but he's such a brain-dead dolt that he could have lost them in all manner of imaginable ways.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Friday, December 16, 2022, 14:33:26 »

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Friday, December 16, 2022, 15:21:08 »

I went to Father Ted’s house in 2018.

It’s in Co. Clare close to where we have family living.

Apparently you can book in for Afternoon Tea, we didn’t so no idea what it’s like.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 11:45:37 »

This isn't really a holiday but I have to go to Swindon for a funeral and have booked the Village Hotel at Shaw Ridge as Mrs Bob has an outlet centre voucher she wants to spend and so going to spend the Sunday prior to it in Swindon. Apart from the County Ground I don't know the town very well and have a couple of questions.

How close are the Outlet Centre and Lydiard Park? Walkable?

Without driving how easy is it to get into Old Town? (Happy to get public transport or walk) We had a really good Tapas there before, Los Gatos I think it was, any food recommendations

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 11:51:06 »

Lydiard Park is a little more walkable than Outlet which would be a longer walk.

Taxi best bet for Old Town. I haven't got a bus in a while but I'd imagine you'd go right round the houses to get to old town. Probably have to go town first and change.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 12:10:04 »

Lydiard Park is a little more walkable than Outlet which would be a longer walk.

Taxi best bet for Old Town. I haven't got a bus in a while but I'd imagine you'd go right round the houses to get to old town. Probably have to go town first and change.

Thank you.

Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 12:11:59 »

On holidays, Ive a few days away in Seville at the end of Feb / start of March.  Anyone been?  Any recommendations?

Never knowingly overstated.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 12:52:13 »

This isn't really a holiday but I have to go to Swindon for a funeral and have booked the Village Hotel at Shaw Ridge as Mrs Bob has an outlet centre voucher she wants to spend and so going to spend the Sunday prior to it in Swindon. Apart from the County Ground I don't know the town very well and have a couple of questions.

How close are the Outlet Centre and Lydiard Park? Walkable?

Without driving how easy is it to get into Old Town? (Happy to get public transport or walk) We had a really good Tapas there before, Los Gatos I think it was, any food recommendations

I stayed there Xmas before last - the rooms are a bit dark, but a decent enough place for the money you pay.

Outlet is walkable - if you are into walking.  it would likely be a good 30-45 mins.

Lydiard the other way would be a nicer walk, or you can walk up past Peatmoor to Mouldon Hill, maybe take in the Swindon and Cricklade Railway.

The curry place in Shaw Village was pretty decent, and empty when I went.  10 minute taxi ride to Old Town.  From memory, the Caribbean place in Old Town is quite good, if looking a bit basic.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #458 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 12:57:32 »

Not really a holiday but work are sending me to Cisco Live (Amsterdam) for 5 days in Feb Cheesy
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 13:06:53 »

Not really a holiday but work are sending me to Cisco Live (Amsterdam) for 5 days in Feb Cheesy

I imagine Day 5 will be a proper mess
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 13:13:28 »

5 days of the Thong Song!
DMC

« Reply #461 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 13:13:39 »

Not met John have you, Day 1 will be
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 14:17:03 »

On holidays, Ive a few days away in Seville at the end of Feb / start of March.  Anyone been?  Any recommendations?

Take a coat and umbrella it will be bloody cold and probably raining
Its a beautiful city, take in a betis game if you can, the stadium in amazing
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #463 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 14:19:30 »

Not met John have you, Day 1 will be

I'm old and boring now
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 14:20:46 »

Banana Naughty
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: