Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Holidays are Coming - Sponsored by 4D  (Read 84779 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #105 on: Thursday, June 3, 2021, 09:21:48 »

I'm not really sure what the options are to be honest. I do know that the govt advice is that people should be 'responsible' when travelling to Amber countries and we will adhere to that of course. Doing 5 days at home is not a problem either to be honest.

I'll wait and see if it happens and give BA a buzz to see what our options are. It is a bit frustrating but completely understand with the numbers that the list can change at any time. The wife will get her Birthday trip at some stage!! (This was last year's present!)

The government advice doesn't know its arse from its elbow.

If you can get your a cash back or delay then great, but if not there's literally no reason to not go, so long as the 5 days at home after isn't a problem.

EDIT: I am in no way an expert and do not know what I'm talking about. Shrivvy defo does.
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 3, 2021, 09:24:11 by Panda Paws » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Thursday, June 3, 2021, 09:23:03 »

The government advice doesn't know its arse from its elbow.

If you can get your a cash back or delay then great, but if not there's literally no reason to not go, so long as the 5 days at home after isn't a problem.

Yeah I'm inclined to agree with you to be honest PP.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Thursday, June 3, 2021, 11:55:23 »

looks like no be countries being added to green list today Sad
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Thursday, June 3, 2021, 12:56:58 »

looks like no be countries being added to green list today Sad

And Portugal removed! tits.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Thursday, June 3, 2021, 13:19:16 »

PP - you mentioned 5 days but isn't it 10 days? Thinking about it, that might cause an issue as we have plans the weekend after we get back.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Thursday, June 3, 2021, 13:23:03 »

PP - you mentioned 5 days but isn't it 10 days? Thinking about it, that might cause an issue as we have plans the weekend after we get back.

You can expedite it by taking an additional day 5 test and getting a negative result. That still means 3 tests in total though on days 2, 5, and 8....

« Last Edit: Thursday, June 3, 2021, 13:30:06 by Batch » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Thursday, June 3, 2021, 13:26:20 »

I really don’t understand the criteria they are using. We’ve always had a very low Covid rate on the island. Anyone coming in has to have been fully vaccinated.

So what’s the point in being vaccinated - apart from the obvious - if you’re still subject to restrictions.

Yet flights from red countries still fly into UK every day. These are the ones that should be banned entirely.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Thursday, June 3, 2021, 13:31:36 »

I really don’t understand the criteria they are using.

"The infection rate, the vaccination rate, the prevalence of variants of concern, and access to sufficient medical facilities, including the ability to do genomic sequencing"

They presumably make up the threshold values based on whether Stanley Johnson can get to his holiday home or not.

So what’s the point in being vaccinated - apart from the obvious - if you’re still subject to restrictions.

Quite. At some point you have to draw the line and say we've done what we can. But I guess we aren't quite there either home or moreso abroad on vaccination %

I think we would be OK if the variants were proven to be no worse in terms of serious illness. I think its a bit early..

That said, more likely to get it here than some foreign destinations.
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 3, 2021, 13:35:19 by Batch » Logged
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Thursday, June 3, 2021, 13:36:22 »

You can expedite it by taking an additional day 5 test and getting a negative result. That still means 3 tests in total though on days 2, 5, and 8....

Cheers. We're only going for 3 days! Such a hassle, I might just put it back when all this is back to some kind of 'normality'

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Thursday, June 3, 2021, 13:43:40 »

There’s a point where those that don’t want to get vaccinated are left to get on with any consequences and let the rest get on with their lives.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Thursday, June 3, 2021, 13:45:57 »

I work with men in their 40's who say they will never have it

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Thursday, June 3, 2021, 13:49:03 »

I work with men in their 40's who say they will never have it

Bravado and bullshit. I know people who say the same. Be the first to bleat when they catch it and end up in hospital or their family when they end up in a morgue.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Thursday, June 3, 2021, 14:05:23 »

Bravado and bullshit. I know people who say the same. Be the first to bleat when they catch it and end up in hospital or their family when they end up in a morgue.

Always ask:

'So if you get Covid and need hospital treatment, you will pay to go private then?'

Clems Army!
Panda Paws

« Reply #118 on: Thursday, June 3, 2021, 14:27:03 »

There’s a point where those that don’t want to get vaccinated are left to get on with any consequences and let the rest get on with their lives.

And that point is imminent - as soon as it's available to all adults.

How you can restrict people's lives when there is a solid preventative measure is beyond me.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Thursday, June 3, 2021, 16:23:24 »

BA are quite good and if you have insurance also speak to them to see if they cover for this eventuality

BA have been very good (they do tend to respond to tweets very quickly) and have offered a voucher or a reschedule of our break so I'll try and work out when that's likely to happen.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: