Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Holidays are Coming - Sponsored by 4D  (Read 84857 times)
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2021, 09:42:19 »

Is anyone in the know about travelling abroad and the Covid tests required on here at all? Is the free PCR test ok or is it the lateral flow one that is needed?

The lateral flow tests are the free ones, it's a pcr test that you'll need for foreign travel.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2021, 09:44:49 »

The lateral flow tests are the free ones, it's a pcr test that you'll need for foreign travel.

Ah ok thanks BT.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #92 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2021, 14:06:07 »

Is anyone in the know about travelling abroad and the Covid tests required on here at all? Is the free PCR test ok or is it the lateral flow one that is needed?
Stay away from a company called prenetics. If you need any guidance with what tests you need let me know i can pop you over a flow chart
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2021, 14:29:23 »

come on canaries, get on the green list you sods

(left overs from last year, booked pre-covid)
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2021, 14:43:24 »

Hopefully on the 7th Batch
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2021, 14:45:19 »

Stay away from a company called prenetics. If you need any guidance with what tests you need let me know i can pop you over a flow chart

Thanks SR, that's very kind of you. That might be really useful actually as there appears to be a load of them out there. We are going with BA and they have a discount with Randox, but obviously not got a notion how useful they are! I'll give you a DM shortly sir.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2021, 15:01:27 »

Hopefully on the 7th Batch
fingers crossed

any advice on insurers. Do any cover going back onto amber/being barred from every by host country?
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2021, 15:04:32 »

fingers crossed

any advice on insurers. Do any cover going back onto amber/being barred from every by host country?
There are a couple who do cover this and they offer annual policies as well which is great in the circumstances. Battleface & Rock insurance are 2 providers i would speak to

Not a problem at all Bob
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2021, 15:41:47 »

Maybe you'll get a tweet.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2021, 16:14:18 »

thanks Shrivvy.

next time i book a holiday I'll be in touch
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Thursday, June 3, 2021, 08:37:39 »

Rumour that Portugal is going onto the amber list. Hopefully BA let me cancel/rebook to later in the year.

Panda Paws

« Reply #101 on: Thursday, June 3, 2021, 08:54:28 »

Rumour that Portugal is going onto the amber list. Hopefully BA let me cancel/rebook to later in the year.

Most companies are still flying to amber destinations so would be surprised if they do, unless they cancel the flight. Fingers crossed for you that it doesn't come to that.

Would you not just go anyway and do the 5 days when you get home?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Thursday, June 3, 2021, 09:02:11 »

Most companies are still flying to amber destinations so would be surprised if they do, unless they cancel the flight. Fingers crossed for you that it doesn't come to that.

Would you not just go anyway and do the 5 days when you get home?

I'm not really sure what the options are to be honest. I do know that the govt advice is that people should be 'responsible' when travelling to Amber countries and we will adhere to that of course. Doing 5 days at home is not a problem either to be honest.

I'll wait and see if it happens and give BA a buzz to see what our options are. It is a bit frustrating but completely understand with the numbers that the list can change at any time. The wife will get her Birthday trip at some stage!! (This was last year's present!)

Shrivvy Road

« Reply #103 on: Thursday, June 3, 2021, 09:09:02 »

I'm not really sure what the options are to be honest. I do know that the govt advice is that people should be 'responsible' when travelling to Amber countries and we will adhere to that of course. Doing 5 days at home is not a problem either to be honest.

I'll wait and see if it happens and give BA a buzz to see what our options are. It is a bit frustrating but completely understand with the numbers that the list can change at any time. The wife will get her Birthday trip at some stage!! (This was last year's present!)
BA are quite good and if you have insurance also speak to them to see if they cover for this eventuality
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Thursday, June 3, 2021, 09:12:26 »

BA are quite good and if you have insurance also speak to them to see if they cover for this eventuality

Cheers Shrivvy.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: