Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Harry Parsons  (Read 7555 times)
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, March 16, 2021, 19:42:17 »

Anybody know what type of player he is? Noticed he gets a few for the Under 18's. Just wondering if he may be worth a run at some point. Can't be any worse than what we've got & would be game time with a view to next season in mind, presuming he gets offered a pro contract & wants to stay.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2021, 20:05:36 »

He would get ruined in this team

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2021, 20:29:11 »

Pretty much. He’s desperate for game time, but he’s better off out of it at the minute with that pigeon in charge.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2021, 21:00:37 »

Didn't he play a game or two earlier in the season?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2021, 21:36:34 »

Didn't he play a game or two earlier in the season?

He did yeah off the bench.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2021, 21:36:42 »

More than likely. But could end up thriving. You never know until you try I suppose.

Anyway, what type of player is he? Targetman, poacher, channel runner? Anybody know?

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2021, 22:35:26 »

He sounds like a scoundrel out of an episode of George Gently.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2021, 22:50:24 »

More than likely. But could end up thriving. You never know until you try I suppose.

Anyway, what type of player is he? Targetman, poacher, channel runner? Anybody know?
He looked a similar size to Tyler Smith. So not a target man. Looked a long way off L1 or L2 standard.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 08:32:23 »

He looked a similar size to Tyler Smith. So not a target man. Looked a long way off L1 or L2 standard.
Bit harsh off the back of, what, 10-15 minutes on the pitch?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 09:29:43 »

I'd say that's pretty generous given Theakston had written off Archie Matthews as a professional footballer within about a minute of seeing him.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 10:17:58 »

I watched him in all of his 3 appearances.

He is small and runs around a lot, getting in the mix and harrassing defenders.

More like Bryan Wade (for the oldies) or close to Payne's style chases around but is a bit off the actual pace.

He is nowhere near the level to play for the 1st team yet IMHO, but with careful nurturing he could be a first teamer in future years but playing him would do his confidence no good whatsoever.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 10:18:53 »

He played 70 mins at Rovers from the off last season in the Mickey Mouse cup as well as 2 sub appearances this term.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 10:30:47 »

I'd say that's pretty generous given Theakston had written off Archie Matthews as a professional footballer within about a minute of seeing him.
I've seen Matthews play about a dozen times if you include his loan moves and youth cup so it wasn't based on 'a minute'. He's just clearly nowhere near 1st team level just another in the long line of youth keepers who hang around a bit but aren't football league standard like Craig Farr, Matty Bulman, Mark Scott, Leigh Bedwell even Will Henry. Only one that should have done better than he did was Jon Stewart.

As for Parsons, he's best off steering clear this season as a few games with this mob could finish him off before he's even started.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 10:35:28 »

I've seen Matthews play about a dozen times if you include his loan moves and youth cup so it wasn't based on 'a minute'. He's just clearly nowhere near 1st team level just another in the long line of youth keepers who hang around a bit but aren't football league standard like Craig Farr, Matty Bulman, Mark Scott, Leigh Bedwell even Will Henry. Only one that should have done better than he did was Jon Stewart.

As for Parsons, he's best off steering clear this season as a few games with this mob could finish him off before he's even started.

We don't have a particularly solid record of producing keepers to be fair. Who was the last one that came through the youth ranks to have a good career? I'm thinking Rhys Evans, but I think he was produced by Chelsea and sold to us IIRC.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 10:37:49 »

He played 70 mins at Rovers from the off last season in the Mickey Mouse cup as well as 2 sub appearances this term.
I'd forgotten about the Boycott Cup tbf, but this season he's had about 10 minutes at the end of a game we'd already lost and 3-4 minutes at the end of another game I can't remember what the state of play was. But given it was this season, I assume we lost. Don't think that's enough to judge a player on personally but I'd agree with what you and others have said that this squad this season doesn't look like an especially healthy environment in which to nurture a young player's fledgling career.

He did however manage to do more than the 1st team did last week, and beat Oxford at the weekend.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: