Poll
Question: Following Clem Morfuni's letter "to clarify his position in relation to the club", do you:
Trust what he says and believe he is the man to turn the club around - 8 (8.7%)
Give him the benefit of the doubt (nothing can be worse than LP) - 50 (54.3%)
Sit on the fence for now and see what happens next - 26 (28.3%)
Feel suspicious of his motives and how he has conducted himself so far - 7 (7.6%)
Think he is on the make and should be avoided at all costs - 1 (1.1%)
Total Voters: 81

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Do you trust Clem Morfuni?  (Read 24647 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #75 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 11:26:17 »

We'd be bonkers to relocate if we could avoid it.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 11:29:00 »

I agree it's a fantastic location and I wouldn't want it elsewhere but with the known problem regarding the Stratton bank roof/blocking daylight to the houses I would explore again if there is anyway of turning the stadium around 90 degrees and maybe trying to relocate the cricket ground which won't be easy because of the heritage protection of the pavilion
As long as it doesn’t affect our wind tunnel.

Has anyone ever properly evaluated the effect a roofed Stratton Bank would have on the houses on Shrivenham Road. I bet it wouldn’t effect that many.
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 11:31:32 »

The manner in which Clem conducts himself does not inspire confidence. Obviously that does not mean I want Power to stay. In the 30 years I've supported Swindon the only decent owner I would say that we've had is Andrew Black who had real financial clout. Had Wray not caved into Di Canio's financial demands he might still be here today. All the money that has come into football has passed Swindon by. Just imagine if James Dyson liked football.....
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 11:33:12 »

As long as it doesn’t affect our wind tunnel.

Has anyone ever properly evaluated the effect a roofed Stratton Bank would have on the houses on Shrivenham Road. I bet it wouldn’t effect that many.

Yes we need to keep that wind tunnel! I can't remember the legal stuff regarding any roof blocking out light to the houses directly behind the stand but its always been a known issue when any redevelopment has been looked into

So, give no fucks
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 11:34:03 »

There's enough space and scope to redevelop the current site. Plus who wants to move when there are so many pubs within walking distance.

The idea of a bowl on the outskirts surrounded by shops and such depresses me greatly.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 11:35:14 »

Anyone would bite your arm off for the CG site. On top of that, I think that many clubs will regret dumping their heritage and moving to soulless identikit grounds. Football is steeped in tradition, and an old-fashioned stand will be considered an important historical artefact in years to come. I loved sitting on an ancient wooden flip-up seat at Fulham a few years back - they’ve redeveloped sensitively, and I’d be very sad to see the Arkell’s knocked down or the old turnstiles on the Shrivvy Road scrapped.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Flashheart

« Reply #81 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 11:45:03 »

Dilapidation aside, the County Ground is a good stadium and is conducive to creating a good atmosphere. 4 sides each with different characteristics - perfect.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 11:47:00 »

Swap the town end for the Stratton bank which could then have a roof and the existing town end is so small it wouldn't impact the house. Simples!

So, give no fucks
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 11:48:24 »

Yes we need to keep that wind tunnel! I can't remember the legal stuff regarding any roof blocking out light to the houses directly behind the stand but its always been a known issue when any redevelopment has been looked into

I assume that the property owners will have rights to light through certain apertures.  A substantial interference with the level of light received by a new structure would give rise to claims for injunctive relief and/or damages by those owners.

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 11:49:13 »

Well explained and no doubts your right

So, give no fucks
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 11:54:04 »

We can't build a new stadium until we get the plans out of Mr whippys head
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 12:02:16 »

Relocating would kill it for me. Also the bigger pictures of developers looking for housing money obvs rings alarm bells.
Mr Stevens

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 12:03:27 »

It always struck me that the logical move is for the pitch to stay as it is now but simply moved 30 yards into the car park. That would allow the Clock end to be moved 30 yards and a roof to be put on the stand.

My favourite ground in the country is Newcastle, given that it's such an integral part of the city centre. Perfect!

Take your chips and fuck off home.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 12:13:11 »

I love where the ground currently is.
Walking distance from the train station, plenty of pubs within walking distance. Moving the ground would ruin the whole day for me.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 12:17:21 »

It always struck me that the logical move is for the pitch to stay as it is now but simply moved 30 yards into the car park. That would allow the Clock end to be moved 30 yards and a roof to be put on the stand.

My favourite ground in the country is Newcastle, given that it's such an integral part of the city centre. Perfect!

That's a good point I've not heard before I guess I'd depends on whether the current size car park is needed the only problem then is the Arkells and DR stands would be out of sync unless you build a complete new stadium

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: