Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: It’s now or never  (Read 18379 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 18:25:38 »

storm the boardroom Ben
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 18:46:14 »

Ignored for two months probably tells it's own story about whether Power wants to accept the bid, and the fact he's now gone public presumably means Morfuni accepts his bid is dead in the water. So in those circumstances he can say what he likes about his proposals as he's unlikely to be asked to back them up. So the question is why has he gone public? Put some pressure on Power for the sake of it or a stalking horse to flush someone else out?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 18:50:53 »

Is Power likely to get an offer in excess of what Morfuni claims he has offered?

I’d imagine Power needs a mighty chunk of time to clear his skeletons before any sale.

At least it’s the first knockings of a new beginning. If that happens to be in L2, so be it.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 19:06:57 »

Will Clem insist Taylor Curran plays every week?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #139 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 19:10:48 »

Will Clem insist Taylor Curran plays every week?

Clem=Currans dad, haven't you put 2+2 together yet? Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 19:28:16 »

Is Power likely to get an offer in excess of what Morfuni claims he has offered?

I’d imagine Power needs a mighty chunk of time to clear his skeletons before any sale.

At least it’s the first knockings of a new beginning. If that happens to be in L2, so be it.

1) possibly, if there are multiple interested parties. Or the purchaser offers to pay off powers creditors. As it stands, Barry and Standing are not ‘officially’ anything to do with club so a potential purchaser can pay them off outside the official deal to buy the club.

2) no doubt about that and that maybe why Clem has heard nothing back. Of course Clem may have out flanked Power by engaging them first...

3) this IMHO is or are the opening salvos of public ‘briefing’ to garner support and as has been said flush out potential suitors, a stalking horse if you like.

What could be significant is Clem disclosing ‘monies’ that he knows have come Powers way. Let’s not forget there could be as you suggest legitimately skeletons Clems not aware of regarding monies in and debtors ‘owed’ a pound of flesh outside the Standing/Barry circle, think Curran. Might come as a surprise to possible lenders of last resort how much he actually has been paid during the last year and by whom.

‘What a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive’ Maybe concrete overcoats are coming back. After all, there’s a gunman loose in the Alps..
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 09:50:41 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Freddies Ferret 2.0

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 06:44:32 »

What is clems net worth?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 07:19:53 »

Here’s an overview of the Axis Group worldwide. As a taster Axis Plumbing in Australia has a turnover of approx £25m in 2018, so the group in total would be well in excess of that. Obviously, turnover gives little idea about actual profitability but I’d say it is miles away from Lee ‘where does his money come from’ Power..

https://www.axisplumbing.com.au/about/
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 07:42:47 »

What is clems net worth?
From memory, I think there's a quote in the court case document that Axis group is worth ~£200mn.
jevs

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 09:34:18 »

Ignored for two months probably tells it's own story about whether Power wants to accept the bid, and the fact he's now gone public presumably means Morfuni accepts his bid is dead in the water. So in those circumstances he can say what he likes about his proposals as he's unlikely to be asked to back them up. So the question is why has he gone public? Put some pressure on Power for the sake of it or a stalking horse to flush someone else out?

Given the ongoing court case, is Power actually allowed to make the decision to sell the club without agreement from the other parties? I'd assume not unless Standing/Barry agree, or settle. 

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 09:50:13 »

Surely the easiest thing to do is for Clem and Power/Standing to agree a price and that money is then held in a solicitor’s account until it is decided who is entitled to what. No waiting for the court case and Clem/whoever can get on with putting the club back together again.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 09:57:19 »

Now that Clem has come out fighting and there are no ‘other’ suitors I did mention that we could help expedite the removal of the current incumbent by withdrawing our ‘bangers and mash’, clearly Power has more than he’s letting on, wherever he’s finding the dosh, so I won’t be adding to the agony.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 10:03:09 »

indeed legends. Power clearly not in his knees.

however I don't think it's clear cut the are no other suitors. If there are this may flush them our
jevs

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 10:13:35 »

Surely the easiest thing to do is for Clem and Power/Standing to agree a price and that money is then held in a solicitor’s account until it is decided who is entitled to what. No waiting for the court case and Clem/whoever can get on with putting the club back together again.

Yes, I agree. If we were professionally run by straightforward business people that would be the most sensible option, so there's no chance. I was neutral on Power for years but more and more facts emerging just shows the whole way we're run as being shifty.  I suppose Clem & co reputedly being willing to stump up £7m plus makes some sense of the court case, which seemed an expensive way to argue over a loss making liability without any assets (from what we've been told). I'm more than willing to give the new group the benefit of any doubt for the meantime.

« Last Edit: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 13:39:10 by jevs » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #149 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 10:15:37 »

and there are no ‘other’ suitors

How do you know that?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: