Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: It’s now or never  (Read 18378 times)
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 09:27:03 »

The power situation needs to start getting some national attention IMO.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 09:27:17 »

I think the club have forgotten yesterday even happened, they havent even done a match report on the website

I think that's probably for the best.

Don't expect him to go, but would be perfectly happy to give it to Peacock or Mildenhall or anyone else around the club who is less of an obvious bellend until the end of the season. No point Power doing a long term appointment.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 09:31:50 »

Woken up in a terrible mood! Idiot owner, disgraceful manager. Fans suffer.

Have thought about taking a step back and blanking STFC until things change but as supporters we'll always be there.

Just remember Power will be gone in a year or so - Kassam will always have a stranglehold on OUFC!
Panda Paws

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 09:42:23 »

The power situation needs to start getting some national attention IMO.

But from a cold-hearted, neutral POV what is there to report? Club struggling during a pandemic but owner has them limping on, and the fans don't like the manager. Some sort of court case that can't really be reported on and can't be stood up because no one is talking. That's it.

EDIT: Maybe the Curran angle, but again, there's no way you can stand that up.

There is no story there. No one outside the small community of Town fans would find that remotely interesting.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 09:44:11 by Panda Paws » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 09:44:17 »

I'm really fed up with this club, yet again it's all about the boardroom. Been like that for donkeys years.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 09:57:30 »

The adver being banned from asking questions has been picked up by Henry Winter - hopefully a bit of national coverage will put some pressure on.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 10:00:47 »

I think that's probably for the best.

Don't expect him to go, but would be perfectly happy to give it to Peacock or Mildenhall or anyone else around the club who is less of an obvious bellend until the end of the season. No point Power doing a long term appointment.

I'm finding the way we've gone about playing football from the slick, pressing, passing game under Wellens to this absolute non-football hot potato type tactic really unpalatable. And if fans don't like it, what must the players think? You've got decent midfielders in Palmer and Payne who are totally unsuitable for this type of football. You could argue that our pitch is too bad to play a more posession based game, but Oxford managed it perfectly well last night, other sides have also come and passed the ball and looked more than competent. (probably as we play so horribly)

I agree that we should get rid of Sheridan, get one of the coaches from internal, change the style of play to something far more suited to the playing staff and give staying in league 1 a good go. At the moment its all a big waste of time for everyone.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 10:01:27 »

If fans were in stadiums Sheridan would have gone weeks ago, as I have no doubt there would have been protests and an unbearably toxic atmosphere.

The story in our current plight is how fans have no voice during this pandemic.

Other than shouting on social media there really is nothing at all we can do to get him out. It is the most helpless I have ever felt as a Town fan.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 10:04:04 »

I think the club have forgotten yesterday even happened, they havent even done a match report on the website

Writing club statement on the manager leaving?
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 10:09:34 »

Someone said he only has 2 months left on his contract, is that true??

Also something else I must have missed, what is all this stuff about a fight?!?!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 10:17:57 »

If fans were in stadiums Sheridan would have gone weeks ago, as I have no doubt there would have been protests and an unbearably toxic atmosphere.

The story in our current plight is how fans have no voice during this pandemic.

Other than shouting on social media there really is nothing at all we can do to get him out. It is the most helpless I have ever felt as a Town fan.

Even with crowds he wouldn’t have gone.
If the fans are turning up to rant about him - then they are still turning up thus paying
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 10:19:46 »

I know it probably wouldn’t make any difference what so ever - but I’d like to see some kind of joint statement from the Trust and Supporters Club asking for him to resign/be removed.
Almost as an official voice from the fans, as nothing else is working.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 10:22:08 »

Someone said he only has 2 months left on his contract, is that true??

Also something else I must have missed, what is all this stuff about a fight?!?!

Contract up in May. Surely would only cost about 15k to remove him?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 10:23:16 »

Even with crowds he wouldn’t have gone.
If the fans are turning up to rant about him - then they are still turning up thus paying

This is it, under the present situation the only real thing the fans can do is not pay for the games online but then again most season ticket holders have paid already.

The only thing that's going to sort the crap with the club is Power and Standing sorting themselves out, as it stands they both have a depreciating asset, Power managed to keep the plates spinning for so long but has been royally rumbled by Standing, Clem and the general public though the court revelations.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 10:25:21 »

Sheridan is lucky there are no fans in the stadium, I would genuinely fear for his safety if there were Swindon fans there last night.

What he did was a disgrace and the players let him know that, banning the Adver as well, that shows the contempt the club has towards the fans desperate for news and the media, who Power has never liked anyway, he wants his cake and eat it when it comes down to the press, he will probably ban Hawes and Hartley next just to add to it.

Yesterday was a pathetic excuse for a derby performance, yes I know the derby is all about the fans but the Pox players gave a shit we didn't until Grant came on.

Its fairly common knowledge I think that we have a few interested prospective new owners so just fuck off now Power and save us all the embarressement of having this idiot in charge any longer.

Its obvious Power won't get rid of Sheridan as he loves him and its obvious Sheridan is too pig headed to walk and thus stopping his guaranteed monthly pay cheque, why would he resign? he has no face to ave as he knows he wont get another gig on the back of this tenure.

Power goes then Sheridactyl goes, until then we will have to endure this shit week in week out.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: