Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 42   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Can we actually do the double over this lot. STFC v oxford  (Read 34069 times)
REDBUCK

« Reply #270 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2021, 19:50:55 »

Where have you been.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2021, 19:51:12 »

0-1HT

Simple to assess quality of the performance. No player gets above 4 for me. Trueman might get a 5 for one good save, but his kicking has been poor, looks flappy, am sure he was beaten by one that went wide and nearly niches up with Broadbent to concede a corner.

Really thinking of turning this shit off and doing something else.

Don't mind losing, but not competing is awful.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2021, 19:51:34 »

Well, the good news is that tonight seems to be the day to get rid of embarrassing, unpleasant dinosaurs.

Otherwise, I guess Garrick has been pretty good. Pitman one or two decent link up moments, he's become a bit more than a pure poacher in recent weeks which is good. That's all I've got though.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2021, 19:51:51 »

Shocking refereeing on the card allocation.  Pox lucky deflection a killer but they had players in the box and accordingly got the break.

May be safer to bring on Grant for Lyden in the second half.

Garrick and Broadbent my Mom's to date.

Conroy classy but playing older than Caddis
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2021, 19:51:59 »

We were worse in the first half at Oxford. And we had Kovar in goal. Things can change yet.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2021, 19:52:25 »

Well, that was as bad as the previous games, keeping our form going.

Lots of comments about caring and effort, not sure that is the issue.  We are so consistently like this that I put it down to the plan - we are set-up to look this shit.  The idea is clearly to try and avoid conceding too many by getting the ball away from our end as quickly as possible.  Makes good players look ropey as fuck - everyone else is busy working out where to move to and not paying attention to the man on the ball - why would you? he isn't supposed to pass it short.

Garrick may be running around a lot, but he is shit I'm afraid.

Same plan as before, hope a ball falls to Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman in the box or Twine outside the box.

Payne runs around looking busy without actually impacting the game.  Palmer looks lost in the role he has been asked to do and goes to shit with the ball as a result.  Defenders so focused on the need to clear it that they actually play the game too quickly and create mistakes.

Proper shit - the ONLY saving grace is that our pitch and ineptitude seems to pull teams down towards our level.  We are not being trounced as a result and stay in games.  Just relying on pure luck to win them though.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 9, 2021, 19:55:49 by RobertT » Logged
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2021, 19:52:32 »

The old rope-a-dope tactic has been know to work before. Maybe not so much in football.

Bit more energy needed in the second half and move the average touches map a bit further up the pitch.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2021, 19:54:03 »

I fear that STFC might go down
in 24th place
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2021, 19:54:39 »

No complaints from me. It's shocking stuff on a beach.

So far removed from nearly every other Swindon team ive ever watched which at least attempts to play football properly. Not this percentage trash.

I'm not even mad. We don't deserve anything so far.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2021, 19:56:31 »

How can a manager turn his team out to play like this. Relying on a lucky break or an oppo cock up.

Honestly, what’s the fucking point.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2021, 19:56:58 »

No complaints from me. It's shocking stuff on a beach.

So far removed from nearly every other Swindon team ive ever watched which at least attempts to play football properly. Not this percentage trash.

I'm not even mad. We don't deserve anything so far.

I gave Flitcroft pelters for setting us up to play a bit like this - at least he brought in a bunch of cloggers who were suited to it.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2021, 19:57:24 »

Garrick may be running around a lot, but he is shit I'm afraid.

I know you're trying to be consistent with your early snap judgment that "he isn't a footballer", but it's making you a look a bit silly when you have to deny all the evidence to avoid giving him any credit.

Anyone can see he was our best player that half.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2021, 19:57:38 »

Twine would be the only player in this team that i would be really unhappy to see leave tbh, there's a couple that I would be happy to stay but only just

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2021, 19:58:14 »

Ben Wills points out:

Tonight is John Sheridan's 26th game in charge of #STFC, tonight is the 10th match that Swindon have conceded within the first 15 minutes since he arrived.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2021, 19:58:43 »

I know you're trying to be consistent with your early snap judgment that "he isn't a footballer", but it's making you a look a bit silly when you have to deny all the evidence to avoid giving him any credit.

Anyone can see he was our best player that half.

I'm not saying he wasn't.  He has bags of pace and that alone can create a threat - the problem is he doesn't know how to deliver.  Being better than the other 10 tonight does not make him a good 'footballer'.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 42   Go Up
Print
Jump to: