Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 42   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Can we actually do the double over this lot. STFC v oxford  (Read 34120 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, March 8, 2021, 20:54:36 »

Anthony Grant 😂

Clap Clap

So, give no fucks
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, March 8, 2021, 20:54:55 »

The way Sheridan barely processes the Adver question before going loco says, to me, that there might be previous. Irked by previous questioning etc.

Not that the reaction was acceptable/helpful/needed 24 hours before a derby.

To me, it seems this way a little. He gets incredibly irked by the littlest criticism. It's not even like someone is on a wind up with him. He should be able to answer questions and if he doesn't think they are worthy or relevant then a simple "No comment" or "I'm not discussing that today, next question thanks". It's likely he rarely listens to the question posed, ready to go on the defensive before later realising they asked him his favourite way of cooking potatoes or something.

If I, a serial TEF ranter (own admission, I own my faults Wink ) can see the simplicity of how to conduct oneself at a very specifically timed press conference then so should he. You only have to get through 30mins to an 1hr and then you can head home or ring your mate/wife and moan at them.

As others said. He doesn't help himself. More reason to see why he's incredibly outdated.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, March 8, 2021, 21:05:49 »

That battle-cry fizzled out a bit.  Huh?
Ha, yes. A bit of rousing Iron Maiden-ism followed by a swift return to reality.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, March 8, 2021, 23:16:40 »

To be fair, the reporter suggested that a couple of the players having handbags means that there is an unhappy dressing room when in reality emotions can often run high in a dressing room/training ground and arguments happen all the time, regardless of how happy the squad is.
Highlighted this bit because while you're right that emotions run high and arguments happen all the time, they're usually in the places you mention i.e. behind closed doors not on the side of the pitch. That bit is unusual and not unreasonable for local press to ask about.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2021, 06:22:16 »

Thank you - Just listened this morning.

Doesn't help himself by initially saying that 'nothing happened' and 'I don't know what happened to tell you the truth'. Then apparently hes 'not interested in it' and he's 'totally forgotten about it'.

He should have just acknowledged the fact that something happened, it was something of nothing, high jinx that went too far and its been sorted out internally. That would have been the end of it.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2021, 08:14:13 »

It's a beautiful day, let's beat the scum.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2021, 09:03:23 »

Needs to be much better than the very disjointed effort in the second half on Saturday.

Would take a defeat if it meant staying up.
A double and L1 status for next season would be even better.
Two in a row and all that.

We've never lost at home to them on a Tuesday night.
Banishment to Z'ha'dum for Sheridan if we lose.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2021, 10:10:30 »

If we can manage to play as well as we did 1st half at Accrington we will beat them, if we play as well as we did at Lincoln we will easily beat them, even play as well as at Sunderland last week we will win.

If we play like we did in the 2nd half on Saturday, against Wigan, against Crewe and at Portsmouth then they will beat us, probably with ease.

They haven't won since 14th Feb, a run of 2 defeats and 4 draws with only 1 goal scored and just 4 conceded in that run.

We haven't done the double over this bunch of bastards since 2000-01, coincidentally that the last time we managed to beat the scum at home, a run of 2 defeats and a draw (even though we won the drawn game on penalties but that "doesn't count" if you listen their fans).

Before the game in 2000-01 we were undefeated at home vs the Pox in 18 games with Town winning 12 games and 6 being drawn.

Lets start that run going again.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2021, 10:13:53 »

Least nervous I’ve been playing them, not expecting anything so won’t be let down if we don’t win. Saying that, we are perfectly capable of beating them again and it could be the tonic to kick start our season
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2021, 10:21:43 »

Least nervous I’ve been playing them, not expecting anything so won’t be let down if we don’t win. Saying that, we are perfectly capable of beating them again and it could be the tonic to kick start our season
How many kick starts do we need?

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2021, 10:23:56 »

Quote from: JoeMezz

exactly that.

maybe it is a self defence mechanism.

maybe it's because we already got the kassam monkey off our back

maybe it's because we can't be there.

zero nerves, not even thought about it much

I'm sure come 7pm that'll all change
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2021, 10:26:44 »

No doubt if they win they’ll be claiming 8 in a row.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2021, 10:49:29 »

What was their ‘in a row’? 1 x FA Cup, 4 x league games and a couple of piss pot trophy games?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2021, 10:54:21 »

Yes.

4x League
1x FA Cup
2x FL Trophy

1x FL Trophy draw which Swindon won on penalties between the two league losses in 2016/17.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2021, 11:27:10 »

No doubt if they win they’ll be claiming 8 in a row.
They could count it on one foot.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 42   Go Up
Print
Jump to: