Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Premium Bonds  (Read 4538 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« on: Friday, March 5, 2021, 20:52:59 »

With interest rates so low just wondering if any fellow posters have had much luck with premium bonds and if so how much they've invested.

So, give no fucks
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, March 5, 2021, 22:20:18 »

Got £11.5k invested at the moment. Not won a dime for the past 6 months or so mind
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, March 5, 2021, 23:23:53 »

Got £11.5k invested at the moment. Not won a dime for the past 6 months or so mind

Cheers Tans. I was thinking of investing arounv £10k as a bloke at work has won around £1500 over the last 9 months. Let's hope you win soon.

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 03:53:59 »

You could buy a quarter of one Bitcoin for that!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 07:19:42 »

You could buy a quarter of one Bitcoin for that!

I don't understand the bitcoin thing so havw no idea if it's a good investment or not!

So, give no fucks
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 12:32:22 »

My Nan bought me £20 worth of premium bonds when I was born in 1985. I have the app on my phone so as to be able to easily check my winnings. So far it's £0.
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 13:52:51 »

The following is purely my opinion rather than financial advice Cheesy

Premium Bonds are old school non-starters these days and you'll be better off investing in cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Etherum right now.

Why? The world's banking system has been set to fail since 1971 when Nixon 'temporarily' suspended the US Dollar being backed by the value of Gold. Now, fiat currencies are suffering from hidden hyperinflation where the US is printing money like no tomorrow keeping the world economy afloat.

Where Bitcoin is different is that there will only ever be 21 million Bitcoin ever created which means it has scarcity. It's a really new innovation at just over 12 years old, so it's really young and still developing scaling use cases. However, within 12 years, it's gone through 2 halving events and halfway through it's third but scaled from 1 Bitcoin being worth less than $1 to 1 BTC currently floating around $50,000. If it continues at the rate of growth demonstrated over the last decade, arguably, 1 BTC will be worth $100 billion. Whether or not it will reach that sort of value is unknown and seems absolutely insane but if someone said to Bitcoin investors that 1 bitcoin back then worth less than $1 would be worth around $50k, you'd have been laughed at...

Where will this bull run end? There are plenty that are predicting various numbers from $100k to $1.2million, personally, I think the maximum ceiling to be somewhere around $250k per BTC before the end of October. But a word of warning, cryptocurrencies are volatile. In January, Bitcoin doubled in value from $20k to $40 within 30 days then dropped 30% before pumping up to $57k before another 30% retracement. Next leg up technical target I'd set a target of $74k before another 30% retracement and then go at least once more, up to three times more, before seeing a 60-80% retracement. This is completely normal over it's 3-4 year cycle.

That said, I bought at the bottom of the coronavirus dump back in March and quadrupled my investment. If you want to trade in crypto assets, give me a shout and I'll dig out a referral link for the exchange I recommend Smiley

If you want exposure to Bitcoin but not directly holding the asset, I'd recommend investing in companies via a Stocks and Shares ISA that directly own Bitcoin.
Tesla recently invested 7% of their cash reserves into Bitcoin that represents a $1.5 billion investment, currently 30% down since they invested as it correlates with Bitcoin.
Microstrategy ($MSTR) has invested to date $1.3billion and holds 90,000 Bitcoin in its treasury and recently closed a fundraise of just over $1 billion to purchase even more Bitcoin..
PayPal kicked off the current bullrun by announcing PayPal customers will be able to buy, sell, hold Bitcoin in PayPal wallets (although you are merely borrowing PayPal's owned Bitcoin within it's closed payment network) - as a result, PayPal's company value has doubled since it's announcement last October.
Square Inc (owned by the same CEO as Twitter) has also experienced massive growth. This list of companies diversifying their assets into Bitcoin will continue over the years and even in this bullrun.

It's a question of WHEN will Apple buy and copy PayPal's business model, not if... If they haven't already started buying?

Argo Blockchain (a crypto mining company) is a cracking buy at the moment in a Stocks and Shares ISA. I've trebled my investment within 30 days and currently consolidating above £2 a share. If Bitcoin continues to pump upwards, I'm setting a target of £10 a share before the end of September.

If you wanted to open a Stocks and Shares ISA, I'd fully recommend Freetrade. It starts from £3 a month and can get exposure to more risky investment stocks (like Crypto companies) for £9.99 a month. No trading fees, no limit to how many times you can trade in and out of shares. If you use this link when signing up, we'll both get a free share in something random worth up to £18 or something like that. https://magic.freetrade.io/join/thomas/c852ec85

Sorry for the long post but this has sadly been my hobby through Covid hahaha
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 13:58:29 by Formerly Drummer Boy » Logged

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 14:17:43 »

Drummer boy, many thanks for the detailed info.

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 14:18:38 »

My Nan bought me £20 worth of premium bonds when I was born in 1985. I have the app on my phone so as to be able to easily check my winnings. So far it's £0.

Wow that's disappointing not have one nothing in 35 years

So, give no fucks
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 14:20:48 »

I have a sizeable chunk. 3 or 4 years ago I could win in about 8 of the 12 months in a year. Mostly £25. Now the odds seem to have changed and I have one a couple of times in the last 18 months.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 14:21:57 »

I have a sizeable chunk. 3 or 4 years ago I could win in about 8 of the 12 months in a year. Mostly £25. Now the odds seem to have changed and I have one a couple of times in the last 18 months.

Do you have a few thousand invested?

So, give no fucks
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 14:22:43 »

Maybe  Smiley
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 14:27:55 »

Maybe  Smiley

😀😀😀
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 14:35:45 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 14:30:58 »

Premium Bonds are old school non-starters these days and you'll be better off investing in cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Etherum right now.

Fucking hell. OP asks about 100% guaranteed cash savings and gets told to put his money in literally one of the most volatile markets in the world.

Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 14:34:32 »

Fucking hell. OP asks about 100% guaranteed cash savings and gets told to put his money in literally one of the most volatile markets in the world.

Smash it all into a CBD IPO that hasn't got any products instead  Grin

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: