Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: You might be vaguely optimistic. So here goes - Swindon Town v The Cobblers  (Read 18941 times)

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Saturday, February 27, 2021, 20:51:39 »

Well, what a turnaround it's been in recent games. None of us saw this coming apart from Sargent Slaughter...
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Saturday, February 27, 2021, 20:59:37 »

Hasn't dusted off one of his accounts for a while though

Nothing to see here
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Saturday, February 27, 2021, 21:15:16 »

Well, the next thread title is going to be verging on giddy.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Saturday, February 27, 2021, 21:18:20 »

Has he gone yet?

Nothing to see here
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Saturday, February 27, 2021, 21:22:40 »

7 points out of 9 this week, Sheridan is a lower league Guardiola.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Saturday, February 27, 2021, 21:37:50 »

Mr Power was in attendance today. Didn't talk to the BBC (in an official capacity).

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Saturday, February 27, 2021, 21:47:41 »

Matthews 6
Came in at short notice and did his job. Made me feel a bit nervy at times. Looked as if things were happening too quickly at times in front of him. Couple of takes at the second attempt could have been punished. Defence protected him enough to see us through. Only time they left him exposed, Northampton scored. Thought he could have done better there. If Northampton had peppered him with shots, the result may have been different. He's not ready for an extended run, but I hope today helps him progress (He looked better than he did in pre-season).

Grounds 7
Did his job well. Quietly unspectacular.

Broadbent 7
Ditto Grounds. The pair stopped everything in the air. Had one or two strange passing moments, but other than that did well.

Conroy 6.5
Grew into the game. Looked at sixes and sevens at first but improved after we went 1-0 down. Some of his first half distribution was awful. Thought he was a different player in the second half.

Caddis 7
Not overly troubled defending. Couple of decent runs and crosses going forward. Excellent time wasting when we were in the lead.

Thompson 5
Poor today and deserved to be taken off.

Palmer 6
Couple of nice deliveries. Helped break things up but created nothing.

Payne 6
Flashes of energy with darting runs. Panics when getting near their penalty box. Can't shoot for toffee it seems - He snatches at it.

Twine 8
First half midfield general with excellent vision and superb linking up play. Wonderful strike from the free kick. Went to ground too easily though. Can't seen him signing a new contract and staying with us. Think a bigger team will poach him, as he really has developed into a player. When played in the right role and with a better midfield around him (cos ours is poor) he would stand out.

Pitman 8.5
Led the line superbly. Bullied defenders, held the ball up, played a couple of lovely balls to set up others, including the pass of the match to slide Garrick in (who dived at the edge of the area when he should have stayed up and taken a shot). Scored the winner. What more could we ask for?

Garrick 8
Another good performance. He is a very limited player, but used his speed and tenacity well. Great bit of endeavour to win the ball and put the ball on Pitman's head for the winner.

Subs:
Hope 5
Contributed nothing. Had the ball a couple of times but did nothing.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Saturday, February 27, 2021, 21:48:32 »

Mr Power was in attendance today. Didn't talk to the BBC (in an official capacity).
Did he talk to someone who wants to buy the club? Or did he offer Twine a 3 year contract extension?

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Saturday, February 27, 2021, 22:01:21 »

Did he talk to someone who wants to buy the club? Or did he offer Twine a 3 year contract extension?

I have no idea Smiley Maybe he was here to meet with Sunderland's Swiss owner?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Sunday, February 28, 2021, 00:13:00 »

Twine 8
First half midfield general with excellent vision and superb linking up play. Wonderful strike from the free kick. Went to ground too easily though. Can't seen him signing a new contract and staying with us. Think a bigger team will poach him, as he really has developed into a player. When played in the right role and with a better midfield around him (cos ours is poor) he would stand out.

Garrick 8
Another good performance. He is a very limited player, but used his speed and tenacity well. Great bit of endeavour to win the ball and put the ball on Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman's head for the winner.

I appreciate all the effort you put in with the post match Comms and your player ratings after a match. But to say Twine goes down too easily when he promptly gets up to smash it into the top corner, and that Garrick is a very limited player when he’s scored one and has 2 assists since being played in the right position seems harsh.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Sunday, February 28, 2021, 00:57:56 »

I think Twine gets fouled a lot and this may be a deliberate tactic. Any idea about what Power was chatting to Sheridan about?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Sunday, February 28, 2021, 08:56:49 »

I think Twine gets fouled a lot and this may be a deliberate tactic. Any idea about what Power was chatting to Sheridan about?

We have had an approach from Liverpool for you.😂
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Sunday, February 28, 2021, 08:59:46 »

I appreciate all the effort you put in with the post match Comms and your player ratings after a match. But to say Twine goes down too easily when he promptly gets up to smash it into the top corner, and that Garrick is a very limited player when he’s scored one and has 2 assists since being played in the right position seems harsh.
I take your point, but let me try to elaborate to explain what I mean:

Twine: In the modern game, players tend to try to gain a free kick for the merest of touches. The person who I think is best at that in our team is A Grant. The amount of free kicks he gets when facing goal and trying to get out of trouble is astonishing. I think he gets so many because he is big and powerful and makes it look as if he has sustained a real mauling (when he hasn't)  Twine does get fouled and and does try to draw the foul when in a dead ball position. However, I'm talking about other times, when out of shooting range. When battling  for the ball I think he gets brushed off a little too easy. He tries to show he's been fouled, but the ref sees it that its just that he's not as strong as some of the combative midfielders at this level. I'll try to point it out in a match when I see it next.

Garrick: He's young and he's raw. He doesn't read the game that well and doesn't adopt great positions at times. That's because he is learning the game. His goal against Lincoln was awesome. His battling to make the goals for Pitman against Lincoln and Northampton was good too. I'm not disputing that - He was my MoM against Lincoln and close yesterday too. I thought Wright said something interesting after the match yesterday though. He talked about the fact that Garrick is better on the wing, especially on the side next to the dug out, where they can call to him and help him with his positioning (Cue the comments about Sheridan effing and blinding). So, by 'limited' I mean that he has pace and good feet but he's not the finished article.

Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Sunday, February 28, 2021, 09:11:31 »

Hope 5
Contributed nothing. Had the ball a couple of times but did nothing.
Our tactical mastermind must've clocked that everything was coming down the right for us, I assumed he wanted Hope to be backstick when crosses came in.
Hope did do a run inside Brett, Brett, Brett Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman in injury time and was a bit miffed when B,B,BP started to run the ball to the corner (to end up running the ball out for a throw)
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 28, 2021, 10:04:44 by bennett » Logged

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Sunday, February 28, 2021, 09:47:04 »

I’d be miffed too if I saw Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman running...
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: