Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Relegation Mini league  (Read 16860 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Saturday, March 27, 2021, 16:57:39 »

Ass lost.
Pardon?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #91 on: Saturday, March 27, 2021, 17:00:13 »

What might have been this season if we'd signed him ....
I don't like to heap blame on 1 individual but Kovar was a rash panic signing by Wellens that probably cost us a top half place this season. Quite possibly the worst keeper I have seen in 45 years+ at Town who played more than 5 games.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Saturday, March 27, 2021, 17:01:06 »

Still 19th after not kicking a ball. Couldn't really have gone much better. Fairly happy

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Saturday, March 27, 2021, 17:04:00 »

Bristol City fans happy on their forum and boy do they know how to take the Mickey out of their poor neighbours😀

* IMG_3571.GIF (42.71 KB, 484x280 - viewed 138 times.)
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 27, 2021, 19:46:20 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman

« Reply #94 on: Saturday, March 27, 2021, 17:09:52 »

Tight as a gnats chuff at the bottom.

adje

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, March 27, 2021, 17:20:08 »

PV Is your signature a "Boomtown Rats" quote at the bottom?
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 27, 2021, 17:22:14 by adje » Logged

Peter Venkman

« Reply #96 on: Saturday, March 27, 2021, 17:24:53 »

PV Is your signature a "Boomtown Rats" quote at the bottom?
Slightly modified yes mate Smiley

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Saturday, March 27, 2021, 17:33:02 »

I don't like to heap blame on 1 individual but Kovar was a rash panic signing by Wellens that probably cost us a top half place this season. Quite possibly the worst keeper I have seen in 45 years+ at Town who played more than 5 games.
No 'possibly ' about it !!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Saturday, March 27, 2021, 17:36:52 »

Tight as a gnats chuff at the bottom.

Stil rather be in our position than some of the others,  even games in hand over some, wasn't that long ago we were in the bottom two and played more games than all the other relegation candidates.

adje

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Saturday, March 27, 2021, 17:49:31 »

Stil rather be in our position than some of the others,  even games in hand over some, wasn't that long ago we were in the bottom two and played more games than all the other relegation candidates.
Yes Indeed

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Saturday, March 27, 2021, 18:18:17 »

tighter than a nuns chuff

I am not sure I can take a ghost of Sheridan past v ghost of Sheridan present last v day showdown
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Saturday, March 27, 2021, 19:07:08 »

Stil rather be in our position than some of the others,  even games in hand over some, wasn't that long ago we were in the bottom two and played more games than all the other relegation candidates.

This is a really good point.  Even only a few weeks ago, we stood out as having played more games than the teams around us.  That's gone now.  Our amazing two game winning run has effectively wiped out the games-in-hand threat without losing us any ground.  We're now out of the drop zone, just, on merit.  A handful of wins is all we need now.  It's there for the taking.

I'm still scratching my head wondering how this is possible after 6 months of Sheridanesque awfulness.  But it is.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Saturday, March 27, 2021, 20:37:24 »

This is a really good point.  Even only a few weeks ago, we stood out as having played more games than the teams around us.  That's gone now.  Our amazing two game winning run has effectively wiped out the games-in-hand threat without losing us any ground.  We're now out of the drop zone, just, on merit.  A handful of wins is all we need now.  It's there for the taking.

I'm still scratching my head wondering how this is possible after 6 months of Sheridanesque awfulness.  But it is.

I'm still scratching my head wondering how this is possible after 6 months of Sheridanesque awfulness.  But it is

That may be down to players confidence. Trust me when these guys come out the dressing room for an interview after another dicking, they always trot out the same old cliches about unity, harmony, everyone playing for each other, back to basics, simple errors etc. Their confidence levels are up and down like a whores draws, same as everyone else. Our Jurassic manager has history, some good, some bad. He is old skool. Calling them cunts behind closed doors isn’t the way forward. Piss poor formations, selections and falling in and out with players doesn’t help either. Nor do injuries, suspensions, poor referees decisions. That said, we may 🤞 just pull a 🐇 out of a 🎩 Going forward. Is the Jurassic one our future? Probably not but we are no more than we are and attracting a good manager with a proven TR is going to be both difficult and costly. So it’s either an up and coming one, a journeyman or an ex player looking to cut his teeth. Until the ownership and future funding is secured we’ll just have to scratch the itching scalp and keep wondering how the fuck did that happen, whatever that may be.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Sunday, March 28, 2021, 08:07:01 »

Was looking at the table again just now and thinking IF only we had played and won yesterday how good that table would look.
Happy with the way things are going at present and reasonably confident we can beat the drop provided we continue to perform as we have the last couple of games.  Just shows what a difference two wins on the bounce can make -  equally the same applies to two defeats.
It's in our own hands,  just get over this shi t of a season and the Championship beckons once again.
It's the hope that kills you !!!.

river monster

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Sunday, March 28, 2021, 10:32:26 »

Didn't realise Northampton missed a last minute penalty at Wimbledon, that would have been a lovely draw for us, thankful its still in our own hands at this point though..
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: