Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Relegation Mini league  (Read 16867 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 16:10:52 »

Pinched from the Rovers forum

This is the bottom seven's results against each other so far.

Swindon 5-0-2 15

Northampton 4-2-4 14

Rochdale 3-4-4 13

Wimbledon 3-2-1 11

Burton 3-2-4 11

Wigan 3-2-4 11

Us 2-3-4 9

So, us and Wimbledon have played fewer games against the other 6 relegation candidates - yet we still have more points. Keep up that sort of form and we’ll be fine.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 16:15:45 »

Pinched from the Rovers forum

This is the bottom seven's results against each other so far.

Swindon 5-0-2 15

Northampton 4-2-4 14

Rochdale 3-4-4 13

Wimbledon 3-2-1 11

Burton 3-2-4 11

Wigan 3-2-4 11

Us 2-3-4 9

So, us and Wimbledon have played fewer games against the other 6 relegation candidates - yet we still have more points. Keep up that sort of form and we’ll be fine.
I like your working Audrey!!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 18:34:33 »

Is there a Barton effect? Fleetwood not exactly tearing up trees this season under him
Many of our fans seem jealous of his appointment, with or without Sheridan wanting to be ousted.

On the Gas forum they seem to think they will easily get out of the relegation zone with his managing...although of course not all.

I personally don't see the appeal in the manager equivalent of Nile Ranger.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 21:30:50 »

Many of our fans seem jealous of his appointment, with or without Sheridan wanting to be ousted.

On the Gas forum they seem to think they will easily get out of the relegation zone with his managing...although of course not all.

I personally don't see the appeal in the manager equivalent of Nile Ranger.
I can actually, he has a bit of oomph about him, although obviously that can go in both directions. I was surprised when someone pointed out how indifferent Fleetwood had done this season under him. I guess in his defence they might not have the biggest budgie
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 08:27:12 »

Are we still going?

Some good results last night for us with teams games in hands. We are now obviously bottom of the 6 table and 3 points separate top to bottom. Everyone but Wigan have now played their games in hand.

I know most fans have seemingly given up, easy to do when the manager comes out and says it as well! BUT it isnt like we are cut adrift and until we are there is a chance.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 08:47:52 »

Oddly being bottom is a better result than being second bottom - the gap is only 3 points to 2 teams.
Being second from bottom would mean Wigan won and so only Rovers would be 3 points ahead.

Tuesday's game is going to be fucking massive*.

*watch us beat Fleetwood now.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 08:56:22 »

"the bottom seven is upside down, the bottom seven....."

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 09:10:52 »

Oddly being bottom is a better result than being second bottom - the gap is only 3 points to 2 teams.
Being second from bottom would mean Wigan won and so only Rovers would be 3 points ahead.

Tuesday's game is going to be fucking massive*.

*watch us beat Fleetwood now.

Can shereiden get the players onside and motivated as out of the three away games we need to take at least 4 points from Rovers & Rochdale if not more to make sure we don't lose ground with games starting to run out.

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 09:13:33 »

not sure if the Rochdale fixture being moved is a blessing or a curse
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 09:16:42 »

Normally I would agree as three away games on the trot is never good but with our home form the worst I can remember who knows if it's a good or bad time to play them.

So, give no fucks
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 09:18:32 »

Stop doing it to yourself people, we have not been able to win 2 or 3 consecutive games all season, there is nothing to suggest we will now - especially when our manager tells us he has run out of ideas

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 09:20:23 »

We may have had a chance if he had walked last week end!

So, give no fucks
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 09:27:32 »

League 2 next season guys, don't bother stressing.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 09:28:52 »

Quote from: Berniman
Stop doing it to yourself people, we have not been able to win 2 or 3 consecutive games all season, there is nothing to suggest we will now - especially when our manager tells us he has run out of ideas

stop speaking sense
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 09:37:02 »

(I went on a managing stress course yesterday at work (remotely) and so this statement comes from the outcome of that mainly;)

Well I am not going to surround myself with you Debbie Downers and I am going to share our great leaders' belief that he has the ability to turn this around. (this bit is sprinkled with a lorry load of fairy dust) As it stands we are mathematically in with a chance and play all the teams in the bottom so we have it in our hands. I still have a nagging belief that we will survive, I know that goes against all the evidence to the contrary but until we have the R against our name I'm going to believe we can still do it.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: