Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 93   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cricket  (Read 193366 times)
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: Tuesday, December 20, 2022, 06:36:57 »

Not sure how I feel about that. Strangest nightwatchman decision ever, the fact that it was his day, or a piss take?

I think Stokes wanted to give him some time at the crease. The game was as good as wrapped up so he knew it didn’t matter if he got out quickly. There was so much batting left that it really didn’t matter that he went for (I think) 10
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: Tuesday, December 20, 2022, 07:31:45 »

This on my feed this morning

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: Tuesday, December 20, 2022, 23:33:03 »

I think Stokes wanted to give him some time at the crease. The game was as good as wrapped up so he knew it didn’t matter if he got out quickly. There was so much batting left that it really didn’t matter that he went for (I think) 10
Could have been a very good bit of man management. Noticed that Ahmed was right in the centre of the post match series win team photo. Making him feel an integral part of the team perhaps?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2022, 05:54:48 »

Could have been a very good bit of man management. Noticed that Ahmed was right in the centre of the post match series win team photo. Making him feel an integral part of the team perhaps?

I reckon so! Gives a good impression to any youngsters in line to be put into the team too. Stoke’s man management and all around persona has been extremely impressive
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: Thursday, December 22, 2022, 10:48:23 »

He was the first player Stokes handed the trophy 🏆 to as well. Clearly making a proper effort to make him feel part of the team.

..never go back.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: Thursday, December 22, 2022, 11:01:53 »

He was the first player Stokes handed the trophy 🏆 to as well. Clearly making a proper effort to make him feel part of the team.

Sums up his vision for the team
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 20:57:18 »

Do you think Root is looking at Harry Brooks thinking "couldn't you at least wait until I've finished setting England run and century scoring records before you set about destroying them?"

It's hardly polite is it?

..never go back.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 21:03:37 »

Do you think Root is looking at Harry Brooks thinking "couldn't you at least wait until I've finished setting England run and century scoring records before you set about destroying them?"

Some player, isn’t he?
Looking forward to tonight’s play, should be an entertaining watch.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 21:05:50 »

Either that or he's thinking 'where the fuck was this guy when I was captaining a bunch of useless fuckers 18 months ago?'

Bloody hell are England fun to watch at the moment.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 21:37:23 »

Joe Root reverse scooping his fourth ball of the day for six. It's incredible, they've broken a sport that has been broadly the same stylistically for a century or more.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: Saturday, February 25, 2023, 00:54:05 »

Joe Root reverse scooping his fourth ball of the day for six. It's incredible, they've broken a sport that has been broadly the same stylistically for a century or more.

Marvellous effort that.  We've reinvented test cricket. 

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: Saturday, February 25, 2023, 12:03:10 »

That was insane. What a player. What a knock.
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2023, 14:16:52 »

Probably the most thrilling test match I’ve ever seen. Definitely should have been a wide at the end, but fair play to the Kiwis. Crazy, crazy stuff.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: Friday, June 2, 2023, 13:55:14 »

To my eye the way Ollie Pope bats and just his presence at the crease, he might as well be Ian Bell
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #539 on: Friday, June 2, 2023, 14:00:19 »

To my eye the way Ollie Pope bats and just his presence at the crease, he might as well be Ian Bell

Not sure Ian Bell came out of his crease as much!

Sadly, a game between the second best funded test side in the world and a side that literally can't afford to play red ball cricket is going exactly as you'd expect. 
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 93   Go Up
Print
Jump to: