Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 93   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cricket  (Read 190600 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2022, 15:48:31 »

Without trying to jinx anything. What is the record for most amount of runs scored in a 1st innings to then lose the test? 553 is a colossal first innings to then lose.

595 for Bangladesh against NZ in 2017. This would be fifth on the list. Highest in, or involving England though.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2022, 16:07:16 »

Nobody wants to see teams declaring on 550 runs and a draw being inevitable.

Tehehee.

What a silly game. Wonderful, but deeply silly.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2022, 17:34:12 »

Wow! Shocked.

Buffet bowling to Bairstow. If they'd just tried to get him out, they probably would have!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2022, 18:29:23 »

Missed it all. Walked through the door just after we scored the winning runs!

I'd of been interested to see the odds of England winning after NZ's first innings!

The fact we did it with over 20 overs to spare too. Bonkers stuff.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Saturday, June 25, 2022, 13:01:26 »

Knife edge stuff this. The form that Bairstowey is in anything around the 200-250 mark to chase is do-able.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Saturday, June 25, 2022, 13:01:59 »

Knife edge stuff this. The form that Bairstowey is in anything around the 200-250 mark to chase is do-able.

I’d be happy chasing 300-350.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Saturday, June 25, 2022, 13:04:22 »

I’d be happy chasing 300-350.

It would certainly be exciting!
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Sunday, June 26, 2022, 16:37:46 »

Feeling good about this. Rooty is due a score and we’ve got the most in-form batsman in the entire world ever still to come in Bairstowey
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Sunday, June 26, 2022, 16:42:07 »

Just accidentally watched some of yesterday’s highlights and I have to say Vaughan’s commentary regarding Stokes’ dismissal was embarrassing. You could hear the co-commentator (Agnew?) trying to reel him in but he just kept going.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Monday, June 27, 2022, 08:45:51 »

Just accidentally watched some of yesterday’s highlights and I have to say Vaughan’s commentary regarding Stokes’ dismissal was embarrassing. You could hear the co-commentator (Agnew?) trying to reel him in but he just kept going.

Can you elaborate? What did Vaughan say?

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Monday, June 27, 2022, 13:34:50 »

Can you elaborate? What did Vaughan say?

Along the lines of ‘that’s absolute rubbish from Stokes’ (which it was) but it was the tone that got under my skin. He almost sounded gleeful and it felt like there was a bit of nastiness to it. I felt that the co-commentator didn’t take kindly to it either.

Absolutely stunning result today, again. First team to chase 250+ in three consecutive tests. All played in great spirit too, clearly a lot of mutual respect out there between the two teams. Good to feel proud of the England test team again
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Monday, June 27, 2022, 13:51:31 »

I'm surprised NZ are the 'best team in the world'.

I still think England's batting line up is frail. I also don't think they bowl that well. Anderson and Broad are still coming to the end of their careers. Potts looked a prospect. Leach got lots of wickets through bowling straight balls!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Monday, June 27, 2022, 15:11:25 »

I'm surprised NZ are the 'best team in the world'.

I still think England's batting line up is frail. I also don't think they bowl that well. Anderson and Broad are still coming to the end of their careers. Potts looked a prospect. Leach got lots of wickets through bowling straight balls!

I agree, but we still seem to have made some strides. Form like Bairstow’s only comes round every so often but Pope, Lees and Foakes have all made some worthwhile contributions, and there’s always the chance of Broad swashbuckling his way to a 50 (although like you said, he’s in his twilight). Oh also Overton. There’s some promising signs if nothing else.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Monday, June 27, 2022, 16:41:25 »

Along the lines of ‘that’s absolute rubbish from Stokes’ (which it was) but it was the tone that got under my skin. He almost sounded gleeful and it felt like there was a bit of nastiness to it. I felt that the co-commentator didn’t take kindly to it either.

Absolutely stunning result today, again. First team to chase 250+ in three consecutive tests. All played in great spirit too, clearly a lot of mutual respect out there between the two teams. Good to feel proud of the England test team again

Thanks. I’m on holiday, so haven’t been able to watch any of this test.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Monday, June 27, 2022, 16:47:33 »

Vaughan has always had gobshite tendencies and has seemed to be even worse since TMS jettisoned Boycott, presumably trying to fill the "professional Yorkshire misery" role. Certainly not one I'm ever pleased to hear on commentary.

And that's leaving aside the Yorkshire racism stuff, which is not great at all.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 93   Go Up
Print
Jump to: