Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 93   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cricket  (Read 190616 times)
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, July 23, 2021, 12:58:09 »

The hundred's just a rebadge of T20 (give or take a few overs). I don't see the point in it but then I already enjoy watching cricket.
If it helps get more people into the game then it's done its job

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, July 23, 2021, 13:03:58 »

Also, I'm isolating as I'm over from France for a bit.  Nothing else is interesting me on TV at the time the games are on, or at all frankly, so live sport is very welcome.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Friday, July 23, 2021, 13:10:43 »

I would have like to have seen some bold rule changes - for example, extra runs for the distance of each boundary or hitting particular targets/zones or having to take off a fielder at certain intervals.

Nothing to see here
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, July 23, 2021, 13:10:47 »

I think that Reg described it as an abomination.
That's good enough for me.

T20 is plenty good enough.

Franchising is ok in cricket it would seem.
Still, all well & good if it encourages youngsters to take an interest in the satisfying thwack of leather on willow.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, July 26, 2021, 20:41:00 »

I've enjoyed watching quite a bit of cricket this summer. Just seen a very entertaining win for Trent Rockets in The Hundred. Great to see the enthusiasm shown by fans of all ages, but especially by families and the young kids who are the future of the game.
I enjoy watching the Indian Women's team too, some really good batters in that team.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, July 26, 2021, 20:50:26 »

I'm an extremely fair weather cricket watcher, watched quite a bit in the summer of 2000 whilst avoiding my GCSE revision, and have been to precisely one live cricket match with my cricket mad brother in law (who's dad was the vicar at a church that overlooks Edgebaston, he used to watch games from the roof when he was a nipper), which was a one day game between Gloucestershire and maybe Sri Lanka, again early 00s... can't remember. Dragged back into awareness of the sport by the Tailenders, ep1 OG Wink

Thoroughly enjoying the Hundred though. Trying to get my nippers to watch but neither really care, ha!

Hunk

« Reply #66 on: Monday, August 16, 2021, 16:17:39 »

Fucking useless
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, August 16, 2021, 17:34:05 »

What a shambles

Now, ain't that just like me?
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 07:39:16 »

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/england-vs-india-1st-test-trent-bridge-its-not-the-coach-captain-or-players-at-fault-its-the-whole-rotten-system-1272148

Sums it up for me. Understand the rationale behind 20/20, but the way it, and the 100, have been scheduled, is not good for the game imho.

The 100 itself is totally un-neccessary; they could have tweaked the 20/20 (e.g. to add Womens teams) and been fine. As for the 8 new 'city franchises'; imagine 'West Country Cunts' or something in a new footy comp, based at Ashton Gate and taking players from us, Pox, Gash and Slave traders. The goals are twice as wide, 9 players, rush goalies and games last 60 minutes with 8 subs. Typical score: 11-8. First winners: MK Super Dons. Happy? Thought not.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, September 6, 2021, 13:15:43 »

Every. Fucking. Time.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, September 6, 2021, 14:35:45 »

Jasprit Bumrah is quite good isn't he?
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, September 6, 2021, 15:34:23 »

Typical English sport, play not to lose and end up losing. Should have heaped pressure on India from the get go- the way we played today was only going to end up with an India win or draw.
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Saturday, September 18, 2021, 12:52:22 »

Extraordinary win by Somerset

Nothing to see here
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Saturday, September 18, 2021, 13:04:48 »

A deeply silly game. Both teams did their absolute best to lose that one, but good to see Somerset make the final.
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Saturday, September 18, 2021, 19:09:43 »

Poor start for Somerset

Nothing to see here
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 93   Go Up
Print
Jump to: